• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Merry Christmas from Microsoft: 360 Warranty extended to 1 year

Heel

I'm curious to see how Microsoft's extended warranty policy will be changed. Currently it's something like $30 for one year, and $60 for two. Maybe it'll be $30 to extend it to a full two years?

Odysseus said:
grrrrrrrrr

there's always macrotransactions!

That's my boy. Time to regroup and refocus. Never give up! :p

braveheart-753013.jpg

"FREEDOM!"

Geek

Ninny Prancer
mildewproduction said:
2b3grna5 said:
Perhaps we could move this thread to Jason Miller's myspace page.

Thanks dude. Now I'll never post anything again.

You're not serious I hope. Just because a few f*cktards are acting lame doesn't mean the majority of us don't appreciate you posting early info.

mildewproduction

Geek said:
You're not serious I hope. Just because a few f*cktards are acting lame doesn't mean the majority of us don't appreciate you posting early info.

Yeah but those same retards will start posting pics of my girlfriend photoshoped.

I'm done.

Finally. I've been complaining for who knows how long, because the competition has 1 year warranties. I've now gained some respect in MS for listening.

Meier

Okay, I hope get a refund for the shipping cost I had to pay (33 bucks or whatever) and the year warranty I bought. Otherwise, it better extend a year past the year from when I got my unit.

2b3grna5 said:
mildew - as cool as you think it is to be first with news, it's not cool to leak sh!t.

Get the **** over it, 2b3grna5. It's not a big deal at all. This would have been known tomorrow anyway.

We appreciate the news, Mildew.

985boi

I just paid for my extended 2 year warranty this morning. Does this mean the one year stacks up with the extension?

SickBoy

I'm interested in how this will affect the purchase of the Microsoft warranty. I'd considered it (and was coming on decision time in the next few days, as I was nearing day 90).

Once I get this confirmation, I don't think I will, but I'd like the option to before the year is up, when I can judge the cost of the warranty against the cost of a new console at that time, etc.

I presume they wouldn't say "no, you had to buy it after you bought the console" if I was offering them my money for a warranty just before my first year of ownership was over... would they?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
2b3grna5 said:
mildew - as cool as you think it is to be first with news, it's not cool to leak sh!t.

What the hell. Look, if you're somehow connected to the Microsoft secret service might I suggest resolving this issue privately? Otherwise you know where to stick your disgust.

CPaladino

Xbox Community Team
I must say, in my stay on NeoGaf - this has been the most "interesting" thread.

Emotion, drama, cliffhanger endings, threats, disgust - it's like a Telemundo Soap Opera, but with less psychotic clowns and crying. ;)
300px-Poster-LM.jpg

(thx Arne)

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Man, MS is having a nice Christmas this year. VF5, extending the warranty, what else could I ask for?

Maybe some free Microsoft Points for dirtmonkey?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Haha, pity that I've had mine for 1 year and 3 days.

Hey, since mine is pre-2006 hardware, am I still protected in case of hardware failure?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
CPaladino said:
I must say, in my stay on NeoGaf - this has been the most "interesting" thread.

Emotion, drama, cliffhanger endings, threats, disgust - it's like a Telemundo Soap Opera, but with less psychotic clowns and crying. ;)

(thx Arne)

This one is better
Wall1_Rebelde_1024.jpg

Sadly ive actually watched both. :)

Norse

see what competition does people? MS had to do this to compete on level ground. Sony and Nintendo already give 1 yr warranty so only natural to see MS do the same.

Mejilan said:
Haha, pity that I've had mine for 1 year and 3 days.

Hey, since mine is pre-2006 hardware, am I still protected in case of hardware failure?

Didnt all 2005 360s automatically get a Year warranty too?

jaypah

i just got my refurbed unit back. i now have a 2006 april (or agust) console. so i get the warranty starting on the date that i recieved it back or what?

also, this thread is funny and a little creepy.

Muppet345

Man, this thread is confusing. Let's see. A guy leaks information a day early and a load of Microsoft employees show up to harass him by posting his myspace, etc? Did I get that right

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
jaypah said:
i just got my refurbed unit back. i now have a 2006 april (or agust) console. so i get the warranty starting on the date that i recieved it back or what?

also, this thread is funny and a little creepy.

2b3grna5 might be cyberstalking you now!

arne

Kevar said:
Man, this thread is confusing. Let's see. A guy leaks information a day early and a load of Microsoft employees show up to harass him by posting his myspace, etc? Did I get that right

Actually no MS employee or representative harassed him or posted any personal information about mildewproduction. It was just some dude.

(I did tease him on another thread though, doesn't count.)

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Kevar said:

Only CPaladino is a MS employee. The others are poseurs as far as I know. Although at least one of them seems to have had a severe meltdown. Very strange. This warranty extension thing must be a very hot and sensitive topic somehow, although I can't tell for certainty.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
2b3grna5 said:

Get bent, it's way cool. Mildew is officially way, way cooler than you.

Also, nice move MS.

Ghaleon, go drink some eggnog.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Why do I have a strange sense of deja vu in this thread?

Muppet345

Tempy said:
Only CPaladino is a MS employee. The others are poseurs as far as I know. Although at least one of them seems to have had a severe meltdown. Very strange. This warranty extension thing must be a very hot and sensitive topic somehow, although I can't tell for certainty.
It just feels like there's some background information behind this whole thread that I don't know about, and I'm just seeing the public fallout. :p

Good news, although it should have been done from the start. Refunding repairs ftw.

_Angelus_

Banned
Oh man....:lol

I just returned a defective X360 to GameStop for a new one,then renewed my replacement plan,all last month.

Good news none the less.
I think of few of my friends who have been suffering from peer pressure. They hate seeing their Halo buddies now playing Gears more than Halo,this news will probably ease their 360 purchase abit more now.

Top Bottom