• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Merry Christmas from Microsoft: 360 Warranty extended to 1 year

DJ Sl4m

Crackerman16 said:
WTF you talking about? Crying? About what?

That's not bitching. It's just pointing out facts. The fact that MS is finally doing the right thing after basically being forced into doing so. The fact that their greed caught up to them once again. And the fact that certain people are giving them props for something they should've done in the first place.

I love how you're entire point was that xbots were celebrating what a wonderfull thing MSFT has done by extending the warranty to a year.

When in fact you basicly just said what the majority of posts have in this thread, here let me quote you:
Crackerman16 said:
MS is finally doing the right thing

Nobody said this made them a new MSFT fanboy, they said just what you said, it's nice that they finally "did the right thing". It was shitty and unfortunate that customers got royally ****ed until MSFT upgraded the warranty, and nobody denied this, we are simply happy things are corrected ?

The only way I see you not being banned soon is you deleting almost every post you've ever made on this forum.
I can't wait till the mods get back from their xmas festivities, you won't be missed.

DJ Sl4m said:
I love how you're entire point was that xbots were celebrating what a wonderfull thing MSFT has done by extending the warranty to a year.

When in fact you basicly just said what the majority of posts have in this thread, here let me quote you:

Nobody said this made them a new MSFT fanboy, they said just what you said, it's nice that they finally "did the right thing". It was shitty and unfortunate that customers got royally ****ed until MSFT upgraded the warranty, and nobody denied this, we are simply happy things are corrected ?

The only way I see you not being banned soon is you deleting almost every post you've ever made on this forum.
I can't wait till the mods get back from their xmas festivities, you won't be missed.

Bumping a 2 day old thread just to flame me, eh? And saying the same thing you said at the end of the other thread where you tried to flame me. Man you're pathetic.

I really do hope mods come back so they can ban your sorry ass for starting crap with me. And like I said in the other thread, I could care less if I get banned here.

DJ Sl4m

I read it earlier as it certainly pertains to me and I was looking for new information.

My 360 died last week and I even said so in the legendary "my 360 died thread and I survived to tell the story".
I had the unfortunate timing as to take mine completely apart the day before the news was leaked, so either way, now I have no warranty and I was trying to find the link to the youtube video using the heat gun and I couldn't remember if it was this thread or the "my 360 died thread and I survived to tell the story" thread.

Your posts were obvious once I read the same dribble over and over with you fighting with just about every 360 thread. Don't like the 360 ? Fine stay the **** out 360 threads, you're only there to stir shit up.

Who cares if resistance and GoW are always being compared, you really think Resistance isn't brought up in almost every GoW thread too ? You don't see those people flipping out calling everyone and Sbot looking for reasons to take digs at people, you shouldn't either.

DJ Sl4m

Crackerman16 said:

:lol , yea I was soooooooo pissy last night.

I'm supposed to be in New Orleans with my girl, who's hosting xmas at her house this year, but I simply couldn't face everyone.
I'm behind on so many bills right now I didn't even have enough money to pick her or anyone else other than her son an xmas gift.

I'm extremely proud, and not having anything for her right now is so damn humiliating I simply couldn't deal with any of it. I just don't know how to deal with it.

Look dude, I don't really want you banned, just please, I'm asking you, just cut the shit with the xbot talk and flaming in 360 threads. If you don't like the 360 fine, just stay away.

Either way, happy holidays dude :)

DJ Sl4m said:
I had the unfortunate timing as to take mine completely apart the day before the news was leaked, so either way, now I have no warranty

Uh, why didn't you use a hair dryer and razor blade to peel the security sticker off? It is easy to save them and put them back on later.

DJ Sl4m

It's ok, look I just put it back together a few minutes ago, and it WORKS!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit, merry 360 to me, wooooooooohooooooooo. This nigga am pleased total :))))))))

Untitled.jpg

emomoonbase

I'm free 2night after my LARPing guild meets.
Good job MS. The short warranty was one of my stumbling blocks for getting a 360. Now all I need is a good sale or spring price drop and I'm in.

I had my 360 repaired in oct. or so. I was charged $100. If I call em would they refund that now that it would have been in the 1 year warrenty?

DJ Sl4m

DarkAngelYuna said:
I had my 360 repaired in oct. or so. I was charged $100. If I call em would they refund that now that it would have been in the 1 year warrenty?

according to the press release you should be getting a full refund, I'd double check with a MSFT Customer Service Rep to verify this though.

Oh thank baby Jesus. About time MS got their shit together. I'm probably still going to get an extended warranty when I finally get one though...

Meier

arne said:
Your answer is:

The extended warranty will now be tacked onto the end of the new 1 year warranty time period. So if you bought a 1yr warranty, you are now covered for 2 years, if you bought a 2yr warranty, you're now covered for 3 years.

You'll get new documentation, but it won't be necessary to support your new extended warranty.

arne:

I had a number of 360's crap out on me.. my current (4th unit) has been great and I havent had an issue at all, but I bought the extended warranty after getting it to be safe. Will my 2 years now cover from the initial 360 purchase (March 06) or from the replacement/extended warranty purchase (August 06 or whatever it was). In other words, would it end in March 08 or August 08.

Thanks. Looking forward to that repair reimbursement.. makes having bought the HD DVD player even easier on the pocket.

Wunderchu

Meier said:
arne:

I had a number of 360's crap out on me.. my current (4th unit) has been great and I havent had an issue at all, but I bought the extended warranty after getting it to be safe. Will my 2 years now cover from the initial 360 purchase (March 06) or from the replacement/extended warranty purchase (August 06 or whatever it was). In other words, would it end in March 08 or August 08.

Thanks. Looking forward to that repair reimbursement.. makes having bought the HD DVD player even easier on the pocket.
I am guessing the earlier date (March 08) is the correct one, just because I think warranties are measured from when the original purchase was made.. I don't know though...

Top Bottom