• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear 20th Anniversary website opens

damn looks sweet, we need a translation on the "history real side and History MGS side"!!

MGS4 WILL MAKE THE WORLD EXPLODE

USD

If they bring this over to the US, they had better upgrade 1, 2, and 3 to Integral, Substance, and Subsistence (respectively of course). Otherwise I'd only be half-interested.

cvxfreak said:
That doesn't explain Twin Snakes' absence. ;) j/k

It does... They are only presenting PS products (i.e. PSP, PS2, PSOne).
Xbox version of MGS and GC version of MGS is missing...

Why? Because GC and Xbox are dead, while PS2/PSP are still alive and kicking..

Also, i really hope they bring the entire collection (6900 Yen) to US... I would be the first to get it, i swear.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
LJ11 said:
This will never say the light of day in the U.S., though one can hope.

Maybe if we make enough noise, they'll release a limited run like the MGS3 Subsistence Limited Edition

novery

USD said:
If they bring this over to the US, they had better upgrade 1, 2, and 3 to Integral, Substance, and Subsistence (respectively of course). Otherwise I'd only be half-interested.

We need to make this more clear. The MGS2 and MGS3 discs in this box are Substance and Subsistence, respectively.

LJ11

novery said:
We need to make this more clear. The MGS2 and MGS3 discs in this box are Substance and Subsistence, respectively.

Is there a chance that this makes it over to the States?

bud

novery said:

ryan, i don't know if that was a europe exclusive or not but watching the 3rd subsistence disc was like watching a youtube video on my tv, the quality was horrible.

I need to go out and buy a used copy of MGS2. I'll catch flack for this but I enjoyed it more than MGS3. That is by no mean's an insult to Snake Eater, I just liked MGS2 more.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
KTallguy said:
AC!D is not part of the Metal Gear canon and is not signed off on by Kojima.

pardon me if i'm wrong but didn't "Kojima Productions" make the 2nd MGAcid?

I sooo want to get my hands on both the game collection & the soundtrack collection.

Of all of the Metal Gear soundtracks that I own, I've been definitely listening to the Red Disc and the Ac!d soundtracks more than the others.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Isn't the Music Collection just a collection of music from the Metal Gear games on 1 disc? No way can it be a box set of CDs for only 2800 yen.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
ToyMachine228 said:
Can anyone break down the events of the Ac!d games? Did anything major happen in them?

spoilers

this is if i remember correctly:

in the first MGA, Snake "loses his memory" and after he retires from being America's best secret agent ever or whatever, he finds that he actually set up a huge incident involving children being used as experiments that become monsters or something like that. Kind of ****ed up, but alludes itself as a way that Solid Snake could end up after he retires for good from being a good guy. He attempts to remedy it even though he's the one that set everything up. Kind of Total Recall-ish in that aspect.

in the 2nd one, it is pretty independent of the first MGA, but makes some allusions to it in that Solid Snake doesn't know who he is or that he was an elite soldier for America. It turns out that the Snake in MGA2 is actually a clone of the original Solid Snake and that he killed a lot of people. I think. It might be possible for both of the MGAs to exist in the same universe, but its kind of impossible imo if you go into the details of both.

They're both more side-stories than anything

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
This is nice, but you know what would be even nicer than this?

If Konami + Sony would release first MGS downloadable on PSN for PS3 and PSP. I already have all these games on discs, and even though we can play it on PSP using OE hack, there's no way to continue after the point you're supposed to insert 2nd disc.

davepoobond said:

Thanks. I sold my PSP a long time ago, but I wish I got to play these two games before I did. If they ever released a Metal Gear Ac!d Collection for some other console I'd buy it, but it'll never happen.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
It's funny that they just actively advertise the years that these games take place now... I thought the dates of the MGS games were always kind of a vague "near future" setting for a long time there, until MG Saga vol. 1 straight up told us, and now this website.....

Shadow Moses was two years ago (2005), and the Tanker Incident is this year (2007). I say invest all your money in Hallibrton, because they are going to get a Big Shell megacontract soon :)

bud

BocoDragon said:
It's funny that they just actively advertise the years that these games take place now... I thought the dates of the MGS games were always kind of a vague "near future" setting for a long time there, until MG Saga vol. 1 straight up told us, and now this website.....

Shadow Moses was two years ago (2005), and the Tanker Incident is this year (2007). I say invest all your money in Hallibrton, because they are going to get a Big Shell megacontract soon :)

iirc, the characters in the game never mention the actual year but they say something like '2 years ago.' it is mentioned in text, though.

buckfutter said:
Uh, guys? Check out the version of the MGS4 E3 trailer on that site. The framerate is now silky smooth.
Yeah it is. All the drops are gone, most obvious being when Otacon gets off the Black-hawk and when the MGear comes crashing through the wall.

God I hope there's a new trailer at E3.

bud said:
i liked mgs2's story more but mgs3's gameplay was better imo.
Word.
fact: mgs4 will be the greatest game of 21st century.
Word.

Infact, this game WILL make me put ~1600$ (PS3 and TV) right on the counter, and even though I think that's insane, I feel that it's also very much justified.
I need my damn closure.

Top Bottom