• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Oh man, when you exit a game unless the Host (randomly selected) stays for the full results, nobody earns XP. Also if the host quits mid game, everybody is kicked.

MQdHmuc.gif

Tubie

No host migration at all. The results thing flat out doesn't work, too - most people are going to back out at results screen (because it tells you to), which doesn't record the result. It also means if you have a shit game you can just quit, no penalty, to avoid recording it.

lol that's ridiculous, how is this possible in 2015?

Fupri

Banned
I interrogated a guy then choked him out he fell to the floor somehow he was able to use cqc to knock me out (wtf..). I rapidly moved the L stick & press triangle we both got up at the same time then I shot at him first he shot afterwards I died.. o_O

Oh, yeah.. It's p2p = If host quits, It's game over..

Played a few matches on Xbox One. So far everything seems alright, The cloak and dagger mode is so much fun I can see myself putting in so many hours on that mode alone. Also to make a party for MGO you can hit the back button then invite friends to it incase anyone didn't know how.

darkwing

I interrogated a guy then choked him out he fell to the floor somehow he was able to use cqc to knock me out (wtf..). I rapidly moved the L stick & press triangle we both got up at the same time then I shot at him first he shot afterwards I died.. o_O

Oh, yeah.. It's p2p = If host quits, It's game over..

I forgot the term but MGO2 used it, client side hit detection or something

konjak

I'm very confused, in my game it seems everyone's elected to have passwords on their games, except for VERY few, yet they're populated games. Does everyone have 16 friends ready to play right now?

I'm very confused, in my game it seems everyone's elected to have passwords on their games, except for VERY few, yet they're populated games. Does everyone have 16 friends ready to play right now?

It's weird, because it looks like you can't even invite friend even if you create a game.

NeoGiff

For anyone else having problems on PS4, could we set up some sort of party with a password to try and circumvent the shit?

For anyone else having problems on PS4, could we set up some sort of party with a password to try and circumvent the shit?

We could try to create a game, protected by a password with very specific setting. Since we have no way to invite friend we could just search among all games (with the filter of course) until we find the game created.

I can't really host since I don't have a good connexion, but if someone here could do that we might be able to play lol

NeoGiff

I've figured out how to invite.

If you set up a match and are in the waiting room, hold the right sight of the touch pad (PS4). This brings up a pause menu with three options:

Invite Friend
Options
Abandon Match

I'll host if you want. My PSN is Spiffy_Giffy. Add me with a message, and I'll try inviting.

Zeta Oni

Thanks for beta testing this for us, console gamers.

Lol, you think this any of this is gonna be fixed?

These issues will be there Day 1 no matter the platform, and god help MGO on PC if Konami does nothing about cheaters.

Well, unless you like infinite semi-auto grenade launchers for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

bluehat9

I can't even download it right now? Started up MGS, it says it needs to download MGO, then when I try the "content is not available at this time."

konjak

We could try to create a game, protected by a password with very specific setting. Since we have no way to invite friend we could just search among all games (with the filter of course) until we find the game created.

I can't really host since I don't have a good connexion, but if someone here could do that we might be able to play lol

I made a game of Bounty Hunter, Red Fortress, 10 slots with password "gaf"

Hey everyone, sorry if this has already been answered but I didn't see it when I quickly glanced over the thread.

For everyone that got the MGSV CE that put in your code a while back, did all of your CE content for MGO pop up finally?

DrKelpo

Banned
I can't even download it right now? Started up MGS, it says it needs to download MGO, then when I try the "content is not available at this time."

Is it possible, that the whole level down-host quit thing is a bug and they are pulling the game from the stores and shutting down servers till it's fixed?

... Yeah, I know...wishful thinking.

I'm getting a network error every time I load into MGO. Expected, I guess. :/

Edit: Auto is broken, search seems to be working. Didn't get in anything yet though.

Katori

What a disaster. Are US players really gonna have to wait until the time the store usually updates (~3PM EST) like some rube preordering a game??

How are the servers, at least?

Tc91

Incredible.

I saw my team mate getting interrogated by an enemy so I snook up behind him grabbed him off my team mate, interrogated him, choked him out and as he was getting fultoned my team mate just saluted him. All whilst some guy walked past in a walker gear absolutely oblivious.

CZooEXr.png

what a game

I've figured out how to invite.

If you set up a match and are in the waiting room, hold the right sight of the touch pad (PS4). This brings up a pause menu with three options:

Invite Friend
Options
Abandon Match

I'll host if you want. My PSN is Spiffy_Giffy. Add me with a message, and I'll try inviting.

I sent you a request

We're having a good time, aren't we?

Yea this is so much fun lol

gossi

It's a lot of fun when it works.

Crazy there's no way to exit the game in matchmaking. There's just no menu lol.

Top Bottom