• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

fritzo

The jokes about the servers are funny and all. But it concerns me too. Someone was invading my FOB while I was playing and it wouldn't let me defend because server issues or whatever. I trust it will work for MGO; but work consistently is the key.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The jokes about the servers are funny and all. But it concerns me too. Someone was invading my FOB while I was playing and it wouldn't let me defend because server issues or whatever. I trust it will work for MGO; but work consistently is the key.

Do you remember the MGO2 Beta? Do you remember MGO2?
MGO3 didnt even had a Beta so im not very optimistic.
Make me eat crow KojiPro LA!

Spinluck

Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud

Neiteio

Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
O it gun b gud

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Are there regions? I remember some datamined stuff implying Japan and rest of world regions but not sure.

Parfait

When you on pc and watchin everyone else play MGO on twitch

48kqtla.png

MGSV has leaderboards already tho

Single player stuff (and FOB 1v1 at best, so you're a single player).

Leaderboards plague team based games, too many players caring about meaningless stats rather than playing the objective or helping the team.

Happens in every single game that has them, and it's not a small amount of players. Is a reason single good squads win Battlefield games and the like.

Sassen

Leaderboards plague team based games, too many players caring about meaningless stats rather than playing the objective or helping the team.

Happens in every single game that has them, and it's not a small amount of players. Is a reason single good squads win Battlefield games and the like.

Then make objective based leaderboards, lol.

Hypron

At least there are no multiplayer trophies/achievements so people won't spend entire games trying to get a triple kill with a shitty weapon.

Alo0oy

Banned
At least there are no multiplayer trophies/achievements so people won't spend entire games trying to get a triple kill with a shitty weapon.

I wish MGO had its separate platinum, but make it more rank-based or team-based, get X amount of kills with X weapon annoy me, but I'd like trophy progression while playing the game.

Cotrip

I wish MGO had its separate platinum, but make it more rank-based or team-based, get X amount of kills with X weapon annoy me, but I'd like trophy progression while playing the game.

Me too, would be a great incentive to try different things.

I'm happy it's a separate client... I like to play with the HUD off (and Free Aim) in GTA V and it was annoying having to turn both on and off each day as I switched between GTAV and GTAO. So, I appreciate MGSV and MGO having different clients and therefore user settings.

Now, looking forward to those FOB patch notes. So, are we guessing that Tuesday PST means at 12am or 1am or whatever it is when the servers go down each night for FOB maintenance?

Mike Golf

Speaking of the ranking talk going on, if this has any ranking I hope it's just like MGO2; Rank increases when you do well and decreases as you do poorly. The system used in MGO2 with Levels representing your skill was fantastic, could easily tell who was skilled and who wasn't; well aside from people who make private rooms with their freinds just to up their K/D and level. Hovered between 15 and 17 the entire last year or so of MGO2 and only saw a 20 a handful of times.

NoFoX

Speaking of the ranking talk going on, if this has any ranking I hope it's just like MGO2; Rank increases when you do well and decreases as you do poorly. The system used in MGO2 with Levels representing your skill was fantastic, could easily tell who was skilled and who wasn't; well aside from people who make private rooms with their freinds just to up their K/D and level. Hovered between 15 and 17 the entire last year or so of MGO2 and only saw a 20 a handful of times.

Nope, it's CoD'ish...

EDIT:
Wow, i'm a member :D

It's not like that, it's just plain ass, boring ass, modern ass level progression complete with it's own prestige.

I usually hovered between 12-14.

Made it to 15 once but I'm pretty sure I lost it the next match or two, lol.

Holy shit, those maps look way more interesting than any of the bases from the single player. Why weren't they part of the open world maps and story missions?

Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud
Pls b gud

You're asking for way too much here.

i'm most excited for a bigger focus on urban areas and building to building combat

black site from gz and that oil refinery map especially

Mike Golf

It's not like that, it's just plain ass, boring ass, modern ass level progression complete with it's own prestige.

I usually hovered between 12-14.

Made it to 15 once but I'm pretty sure I lost it the next match or two, lol.

Dammit....I positively loath COD like "progression". It means nothing, you can gain rank just by playing enough regardless of your skill.

Top Bottom