• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Details - US Version

witness

Agent White said:
ej6kh4.png

This a legit poster? If so where from?

Rise of a Legend: Could it be Raiden?

Fall of a Hero: Snake dies?

Or could it be the other way around and they're screwing with us, Raiden dies a hero, and Snake's legend grows....

Of course it could be that Snake dies and his Legend becomes even greater in death...

I'm thinking too much :lol

witness said:

Or could it be the other way around and they're screwing with us, Raiden dies a hero, and Snake's legend grows....

Of course it could be that Snake dies and his Legend becomes even greater in death...

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's the last one. Kind of like Big Boss.

Yoboman

witness said:
This a legit poster? If so where from?

That doesn't look official at all. Horrible composition

dirtmonkey37 said:
So gamestop has the art books as of right now? I want to make sure they give me one when I preorder this.

They will not have them now, too many people would preorder- get the book and then cancel or transfer the preorder.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari

Would Gamestop allow me to pre-order 2 LE copies? And if you would I receive 2 of the pre-order items?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
neojubei said:
Kagari

Would Gamestop allow me to pre-order 2 LE copies? And if you would I receive 2 of the pre-order items?

Yep. You can technically preorder as many copies of a game you want.

Wollan

Dammit. The American and Japanese are stuffing down all the food on the banquet.
Open the doors for us Europeans please. Announce MGS4 LE for PAL.

Blablurn

Wollan said:
Dammit. The American and Japanese are stuffing down all the food on the banquet.
Open the doors for us Europeans please. Announce MGS4 LE for PAL.

i'm pretty sure that something is coming. Just look at the last titles - there were also some kind of special editions (the double disc version of MGS2 or the steel book case of MGS3).

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
KTallguy said:
I'm gonna call Metreon PS store, I hope I can reserve it there.

Speaking of which, you think they're gonna do something awesome for the MGS4 launch? I hope so, I'd totally camp out to buy a PS3 there if they're doing something cool

Mamesj

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
You must have the world's worst memory.
Do you REMEMBER Subsistence?
http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...trt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=32&fsoo=2

Not too smart to say that this will be EXACTLY the same situation just because the subsistence LE was very limited.

For you and the 10 other people that quoted that post-- I remember Subsistence LE day well. I have one sealed which I'll sell for my MGS4 PS3. ;)

I'm questioning whether this will really be limited because this is a MUCH higher profile release than Subsistence. This is the biggest PS3 game yet. They only did a couple thousand, if that, of the Subsistence LE because it was a rerelease of the game. The Subsistence LE content was also much more low budget--just some different packaging and the 3rd disc, which was just the cut scenes pasted together. They're clearly putting much more effort into the extras for this one and I'm guessing that means they'll want to move more copies of it.

we'll just have to wait and see if the SKU gets pulled leading up to release like with Subsistence.

Xun

Please come out in Europe. Please come out in Europe. Please come out in Europe. Please come out in Europe.

I want it now.

kbear

That sounds like a rip-off for 85 bucks. I think the only reason people are saying otherwise is because it's MGS4. Any other game with that package as the LE for $84.99 would get ripped to shreds. A making of doc, soundtrack and the novels? The first two are standard stuff in $70 LE's.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Weird, I just randomly walked into a GS yesterday and pre-ordered this.
Had no idea it just started. :D
kbear said:
That sounds like a rip-off for 85 bucks. I think the only reason people are saying otherwise is because it's MGS4. Any other game with that package as the LE for $84.99 would get ripped to shreds. A making of doc, soundtrack and the novels? The first two are standard stuff in $70 LE's.
It's 3 videos and who know what else on a BLU-RAY disc. High definition content for the win.

Stinky DVDs no. (sigmaaaaa!!! ::shakes fist::)

kbear

dallow_bg said:
It's 3 videos and who know what else on a BLU-RAY disc. High definition content for the win.

Stinky DVDs no. (sigmaaaaa!!! ::shakes fist::)
Exactly. They're just videos. They could've put them online or whatever. This isn't a good deal for $85. Only reason people are saying they're gonna get it is because it's MGS4. Any other game would get ripped for this poor deal. I'm disappointed in the LE...

Wow, I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the info here! I really want that LE, but how do I get the Saga Vol. 2 DVD? Do I have to preorder it at a specific store? I k0now the artbook is exclusive to GS. I'm from Euroland, so where is the best place (online) where I can preorder the game so that I can grab hold of the Saga Vol. 2 DVD?

sw26

I hope this comes to Europe. Might be the first LE I ever buy if it does.

I'll wait to see how much it costs though - assuming the game itself will be £50 in most places on the high street here we could be looking at £65-70 for the LE, and I really don't know if I'd want to pay that much.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
That advertisement reminds me of when MGS2 came out in Japan. Maybe i should post of my pics from that time.

Kagari said:
I walked into work today and we got an email saying we're now taking reserves on the MSG4 Limited Edition version.

The limited edition will retail for $84.99 and include the following:

A Blu-ray containing
2 making of documentaries, and interview with Kojima
4 chapters of the graphic novel
Metal Gear Import Soundtrack CD

Reserves for the limited edition will also get an exlusive Metal Gear Solid 4 artbook at time of purchase.

$85!?

€120 in Europe confirmed!

kuYuri

I preordered this today at Gamestop. I will likely preorder at another Gamestop in case the first one screws me over.

Top Bottom