• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Details - US Version

Adamrogo

Banned
Deadly Monk said:
My DM loves me because I email him news from Gaf. Haha.

My DM is a new hire, doesn't know what a Playstation is, doesn't know a thing about games... To be honest, I don't really think she knows much about managing either! :lol

Adamrogo said:
My DM is a new hire, doesn't know what a Playstation is, doesn't know a thing about games... To be honest, I don't really think she knows much about managing either! :lol

My old DM was awesome. She didn't know much about games but she didn't mind us making fun of her. She also had a lot more charisma than most. She was okay with me being more frank with customers and telling them it's okay not to reserve something.

Adamrogo

Banned
Kagari said:
Admittedly most of the bonuses lately have been too lame to grab. Or they send us way too much. Like those AssCreed artbooks. I eventually just put them out for people to take at will we had so many. This was two months after release, of course.

The last good one was the God of War PSP bonus, I grabbed a couple figures, one of each kind.

The coolest little toy we got was at a Sony Warhawk tournament, where they had mini Sixaxis stress balls layed out on the tables. I stuffed my pockets with 7 of them :D

Darkpen

Banned
neojubei said:
Here is a pic of Vol.1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/tonyatf/d2c16f97.jpg[/QUOTE]
and the cover:

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/Dark-Pen/IMG_1938.jpg

i dislike my local gamestops because the majority of the employees don't know shit (when i peordered mgs4 this week the dude didn't even know it was for ps3!). and they OFTEN just gank customers preorder bonuses or give them away to customers they know. "oh sorry we didn't get enough of the preorder bonuses to cover all of our orders..." fuckers.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Adamrogo said:
The last good one was the God of War PSP bonus, I grabbed a couple figures, one of each kind.

The coolest little toy we got was at a Sony Warhawk tournament, where they had mini Sixaxis stress balls layed out on the tables. I stuffed my pockets with 7 of them :D

You have tournaments at your store? What state are you in? Mine's in Michigan.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Adamrogo said:

God of war pre-order bonus?

WickedLaharl said:
i dislike my local gamestops because the majority of the employees don't know shit (when i peordered mgs4 this week the dude didn't even know it was for ps3!). and they OFTEN just gank customers preorder bonuses or give them away to customers they know. "oh sorry we didn't get enough of the preorder bonuses to cover all of our orders..." fuckers.

Yea I fracking hate that. I've been lucky so far but WTF @ the god of war pre-order bonus!!!

Anyway, I'll have extras so when someone wants one, just PM me. I'm sure in a few weeks it will be bigger news and i'll remind everyone.

Darkpen

Banned
Deadly Monk said:
My old DM was awesome. She didn't know much about games but she didn't mind us making fun of her. She also had a lot more charisma than most. She was okay with me being more frank with customers and telling them it's okay not to reserve something.
your DM sounds AWESOME :D

WickedLaharl said:

Don't know if most Gaffers know now too but one of the new "policies" is sell whatever you get. We were told that when a new game comes out, do not put any away for reserves. Just keep selling. This has bitten a few managers in the ass since some don't get the game they reserved that DAY. I personally put them away and always get told not to but I don't care, it's one of the worst new policies.

I correct EVERYONE. Even my DM. They usually look at me first before they answer someones question but i've worked with so many people who will just lie if they don't know the answer instead of saying "sorry, I don't know". So annoying and mind boggling.

Darkpen

Banned
Deadly Monk said:
Don't know if most Gaffers know now too but one of the new "policies" is sell whatever you get. We were told that when a new game comes out, do not put any away for reserves. Just keep selling. This has bitten a few managers in the ass since some don't get the game they reserved that DAY. I personally put them away and always get told not to but I don't care, it's one of the worst new policies.

I correct EVERYONE. Even my DM. They usually look at me first before they answer someones question but i've worked with so many people who will just lie if they don't know the answer instead of saying "sorry, I don't know". So annoying and mind boggling.
ha, I had to SGAs (when I worked as a temp) who thought the new PSP let you play games on SDTVs through the composite cables :lol

that new policy sounds horrible for the preorder people :(

Dot50Cal

Banned
Darkpen said:
and the cover:

And to clear up any confusion:

saga1.jpg

saga2.jpg

*Probably should have used some color other than pure red for text, but you get the idea.

Adamrogo

Banned
Kagari said:
You have tournaments at your store? What state are you in? Mine's in Michigan.

BTW, is the $85 LE confirmed? Or rumor? I havn't seen the email yet.

They took the district to a restaurant and they had 20 PS3's in a LAN... pretty cool, but the 3 of us from the store who went, left pretty quickly.. I never realized how nerdy most employees are.

The God of War bonus was a 9" Kratos figure.

Here are the mini controllers in all their glory!

76A.jpg

witness

Will pre-order even though I wont be able to afford a PS3 until another price drop, too much of a MGS nut to miss out on this. Hopefully I'll still be able to preorder after the semester ends and I come back home....

NeoUltima

For these "pre-order bonuses", do they almost always send more than is needed? For instance, for DMC4, were there a lot of leftover artbooks? Thing is, I will be away from April 12th to 16th and don't want all the DVDs to be gone by the time I come back, if they come out in that time. Of course, if my GS sets them aside for each pre-order, then np. (sorry for all the questions)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Adamrogo said:
BTW, is the $85 LE confirmed? Or rumor? I havn't seen the email yet.

They took the district to a restaurant and they had 20 PS3's in a LAN... pretty cool, but the 3 of us from the store who went, left pretty quickly.. I never realized how nerdy most employees are.

Confirmed in e-mail.

NeoUltima said:
For these "pre-order bonuses", do they almost always send more than is needed? For instance, for DMC4, were there a lot of leftover artbooks? Thing is, I will be away from April 12th to 16th and don't want all the DVDs to be gone by the time I come back, if they come out in that time. Of course, if my GS sets them aside for each pre-order, then np. (sorry for all the questions)

It varies sometimes. For DMC4, we only got enough artbooks for preorders.

NeoUltima said:

Yes, almost always. MGS4 will have extra stock of pre-order discs, I'm sure of it.

Johnas

Deadly Monk said:

That is disgusting, imo. I'm glad my local GS has a cool manager who takes good care of my preorders.

Directly on topic, I have no problem whatsoever with the price, as a huge fan of MGS it's completely worth it. I just put $5 down on the regular edition, but I'll switch over ASAP.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Thanks for the heads up Kagari, I would also appreciate a new thread when you receive the Saga Vol. 2 DVDs so I can make sure I get one

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Deadly Monk said:

Depends on the game and the store. We still set some aside for reserves. However, if the game is popular, they want us to just sell because we usually get overnighted new stock the next day. IE, with Smash Bros, they sent us a ton for release day/preorders and then we got sent 100 more copies the next day.

Adamrogo

Banned
Johnas said:
That is disgusting, imo. I'm glad my local GS has a cool manager who takes good care of my preorders.

Directly on topic, I have no problem whatsoever with the price, as a huge fan of MGS it's completely worth it. I just put $5 down on the regular edition, but I'll switch over ASAP.

For sure, $85 is cool beans, I just hope that the packaging is going to be nice.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
kenta said:
Thanks for the heads up Kagari, I would also appreciate a new thread when you receive the Saga Vol. 2 DVDs so I can make sure I get one

Don't worry, I'll be there ;)

Johnas

Adamrogo said:
For sure, $85 is cool beans, I just hope that the packaging is going to be nice.

The Japanese version is red-hot. I'd love to get that one, but they'll screw something up in the transition, I guarantee it.

Johnas

Zyzyxxz said:
are Gamestops taking preorders for the LE PS3 yet? Or is this only for the game?

I think it's still up in the air whether or not NA will get an MGS4-themed PS3.

We'll get a bundle, but it probably won't be a special console.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Zyzyxxz said:
are Gamestops taking preorders for the LE PS3 yet? Or is this only for the game?

Not yet. My information on that is once they know allocation numbers for the bundle, then they'll decide if they need to do preorders or not.

Johnas said:
I think it's still up in the air whether or not NA will get an MGS4-themed PS3.

We'll get a bundle, but it probably won't be a special console.

Something to remember is that the US MGS4 bundle has an 80gb PS3 while the Japanese one is a 40gb.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TxdoHawk said:
Yeah, I gotta say, as excited as I am about MGS4...I fail to see what in this package is commanding a $25 price premium.

It's Metal Gear Solid 4? People will pay it, and they know it.

TxdoHawk said:
Yeah, I gotta say, as excited as I am about MGS4...I fail to see what in this package is commanding a $25 price premium.

It's obviously for MGS nuts like me who will gladly pay the premium to see Kojima's head in HD with the power of Blu Rays.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
i'm buying a ps3 tomorrow, and i feel like this game's the main reason so i'd be a dummy not to get this LE.

come on, all this great stuff for $25 bucks extra? who's complaining about this?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
What's are the chances of this coming to Canada really? Probably none, just like MGS3:LE. Considering EBgames.com does not ship to Canada, I think I'll ask someone from US to preorder this for me before it's all gone.

Adamrogo

Banned
Marconelly said:
What's are the chances of this coming to Canada really? Probably none, just like MGS3:LE. Considering EBgames.com does not ship to Canada, I think I'll ask someone from US to preorder this for me before it's all gone.

I'd say 100%.

off topic but this seems the best place to ask for a quick answer...

MGS Portable Ops and MGS Portable Ops +...
I am a bit confused, is + MGS PO with more added or is it some of the same but not all?
(figured since I am going up to preorder MGS4 LE tomorrow I may fill in all my blanks)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Tomorrow a lot of Eb/Gamestop employees will be shocked at the number of people who know about the limited edition. :D

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
OokieSpookie said:
off topic but this seems the best place to ask for a quick answer...

MGS Portable Ops and MGS Portable Ops +...
I am a bit confused, is + MGS PO with more added or is it some of the same but not all?
(figured since I am going up to preorder MGS4 LE tomorrow I may fill in all my blanks)
plus is a separate add-on, you should buy PO first definitely.

Trakdown

Got my preorder changed over, thanks for the heads up Kagari.

I was talking to the guy who works at my GS, he was talking about it possibly being a 4-disc set. Sounds about right, so as long as the packaging is great, it's all win.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Trakdown said:
Got my preorder changed over, thanks for the heads up Kagari.

I was talking to the guy who works at my GS, he was talking about it possibly being a 4-disc set. Sounds about right, so as long as the packaging is great, it's all win.

My hope is for something similar to what Japan is getting, with the separate steel book case for the extras and all.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
lol i would get this just to ebay it... what a MEH LE... Now now if the packaging/art rocks *** then hmm it would be lovely as a collectors item.

Top Bottom