• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Details - US Version

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Scottlarock said:
$85, thats $25 above the game, why do I see you all crazy thinking this is a good deal?

I'm a MGS whore so what can I say,

Nice avatar btw. Not $4300 worth though :D

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I'll pre-order the LE online, and buy the 80GB bundle in-store (or amazon). I'll have 2 games, but that's what it takes to get everything. :(

EGM92

Does anyone know if EB Canada will have this? I love artbooks :) I'm willing to pay $100 for this damn set and the sad thing is, if it is released in Canada it wll be more than that after taxes :(

kuYuri

I was lucky in picking up my MGS3:S LE without a reservation.

I will preorder this at Gamestop to get the artbook, even though I hate Gamestop. Hell, I'd preorder two.

Thank you for the news Kagari.

Son of Liberty

Neo Member
I'm confused about this. How many versions are there?

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 (Alone)
2. Metal Gear Solid 4 Collector's Edition (Or is it Limited edition?)
Artbook
Soundtrack
Bonus Blu-Ray Documentary + interview
4 chapters of Digital graphic novel

But what about the MGS4 bundle with the PS3 for $500. Will this bundle include the collector's edition?

And pre-ordering will give you this in mid-April? When in April will I get the Saga 2.0?
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2
MGO Beta code (Which I don't want because I'm getting bundle)

jvalioli said:

Thanks.

Now, does anyone have some insight on what these 4 graphic novels are?

Son of Liberty said:
I'm confused about this. How many versions are there?

1. Metal Gear Solid 4 (Alone)
2. Metal Gear Solid 4 Collector's Edition (Or is it Limited edition?)
Artbook
Soundtrack
Bonus Blu-Ray Documentary + interview
4 chapters of Digital graphic novel

But what about the MGS4 bundle with the PS3 for $500. Will this bundle include the collector's edition?

And pre-ordering will give you this in mid-April? When in April will I get the Saga 2.0?
Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2
MGO Beta code (Which I don't want because I'm getting bundle)

Pre-ordering ANY version of MGS4 will land you the MGSaga Vol 2 DVD. Within that DVD is the beta code for MGO. It's been stated that the code is physically printed within the actual DVD case, somewhere.

Zeenbor

I just got the Metal Gear Essential Collection package today and fully paid my MGS4 pre-order at Gamestop. Today is a good day.

Mamesj

Banned
I want to pre-order. $85 is steep but if it'll really be limited like the Subsistence LE, then I'll have no issues about dropping that kind of cash. Would suck if it ended up being one of those "more copies printed than the normal version" LEs.

Guled

Mamesj said:
I want to pre-order. $85 is steep but if it'll really be limited like the Subsistence LE, then I'll have no issues about dropping that kind of cash. Would suck if it ended up being one of those "more copies printed than the normal version" LEs.
I hope its one of those "more copies printed than the normal version". Not only would Konami make more money, more people can get their hands on it so people can't hoard them and sell it for $200 latter. Why is making it more available bad?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
The SKUs are in the system? Gotta stop by on Monday and switch my preorder. Thanks for the heads up.

you don't get a beta code anymore with the standard edition preorder? i thought it came in the mgs2.0 saga dvd.

'cause i don't think i'll be paying $85 for a game.

fistfulofmetal said:
I never heard of this Metal Gear Saga Vol 2

What about Vol 1?

Volume 1 was a pre-order bonus for MGS3:S. I got one of mine from pre-ordering and I actually managed to get another from the Official North American MGO tournament. My team finished 3rd and Volume 1 was among some of the prizes.

Mamesj

Banned
Guled said:
I hope its one of those "more copies printed than the normal version". Not only would Konami make more money, more people can get their hands on it so people can't hoard them and sell it for $200 latter. Why is making it more available bad?

Why call it "limited" if it isn't? It's a misleading marketing tactic and shady, imho. They could call it "deluxe" or "special edition" or something like that.

Yes, I'd like for it to be collectable and rare if they say that's what it'll be. Fans should know if they should rush out for the $85 copy or not.

B_Rik_Schitthaus said:
If this comes out on 1 br it will prove all that "mgs4 is too big for blue-ray" talk was PR bullshit
samheadshake.gif

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Mamesj said:
Why call it "limited" if it isn't? It's a misleading marketing tactic and shady, imho. They could call it "deluxe" or "special edition" or something like that.

Yes, I'd like for it to be collectable and rare if they say that's what it'll be. Fans should know if they should rush out for the $85 copy or not.

companies have been doing that for a while now.

M3wThr33

Banned

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Mamesj said:

The MGS3 limited edition was very limited.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Mamesj said:

I imagine they'll only have enough for preorders and maybe 2-3 extra for non-preorders. Same thing happens with all the LE versions of popular games I've observed.

Mamesj said:

First one to post it on youtube is winner that's why.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
neojubei said:
The MGS3 limited edition was very limited.
frustratingly EVIL limited.

I actually prefer "fake" limited editions. I don't care how exclusive an item is... I just want to guarantee that I am able to get it for myself.

EDIT: Canada. Canada. Canada...... LE. HOW??????????

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
So, if we hate Gamestop (like one should), is there any way to get the Saga 2.0 and Beta key with a pre-order?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
h3ro said:
Will Amazon get the LE or is it a GS/EB exclusive deal?

I assume they will. The LE isn't GS/EB exclusive.

EMBee99 said:
So, if we hate Gamestop (like one should), is there any way to get the Saga 2.0 and Beta key with a pre-order?

Best Buy?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Kagari said:
I assume they will. The LE isn't GS/EB exclusive.
It really attests to the power of their evil empire that I assumed it was exclusive.

EMBee99 said:

You can leave the hate at the door you fucking idiot. Kagari works at Gamestop and no need to rub it in the GAFfers face. Grow the fuck up kid.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Pai Pai Master said:
God, I hope GS does a midnight launch for this game. It certainly deserves it.
The Gamecrazy that I'm gonna cancel my preorder from said that if it's street dated then they would. I just want that artbook.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
TylerPwnsYou1986 said:
You can leave the hate at the door you fucking idiot. Kagari works at Gamestop and no need to rub it in the GAFfers face. Grow the fuck up kid.

I don't care if people hate on the company. Truth be told, some of the policies are really stupid (not to mention some of the employees). I'm actually third-key manager at the one I work at now and generally have good enough input that people aren't as mis-informed as some of the employees of other stores in the company.

Pai Pai Master said:
God, I hope GS does a midnight launch for this game. It certainly deserves it.

The more people reserve it, the better chance it has of getting a midnight launch. My DM was talking about fricken Mario Kart possibly having one... ugh. Seriously, if any game deserves it, it's MGS4. I want to play it at 12:01 am on 6/12 :O

Top Bottom