• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition Details - US Version

Kagari said:
I don't care if people hate on the company. Truth be told, some of the policies are really stupid (not to mention some of the employees). I'm actually third-key manager at the one I work at now and generally have good enough input that people aren't as mis-informed as some of the employees of other stores in the company.

There are some really great stores out there with well-informed and skilled employees. I think hating Gamestop is just "the cool thing to do" because there are some shitty stores out there, but it's like that with every retail company.

And that sucks about the midnight launch...hopefully that's just 'cuz Mariokart's only a month away. If MGS4 doesn't get a midnight launch it's going to be a damn shame.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Pai Pai Master said:
There are some really great stores out there with well-informed and skilled employees. I think hating Gamestop is just "the cool thing to do" because there are some shitty stores out there, but it's like that with every retail company.

And that sucks about the midnight launch...hopefully that's just 'cuz Mariokart's only a month away. If MGS4 doesn't get a midnight launch it's going to be a damn shame.

Mario Kart may not get one, it's just an idea they're toying with. The reason it was brought up because it has a decent amount of preorders. If MGS4 gets a lot more preorders, then there will be either a midnight launch or they'll open early. The next midnight release is obviously GTA4 (meh). Did MGS3 get midnight launches? I can't remember.

Pai Pai Master said:

That's laughable. All the experiences I've had with Gamestop stores have been absolutely horrible. From preordering a 360 six months before release and then getting it 2 months after release to awful trading policy and many instances of retarded employees. The only think I can't complain about is GS's website. It's organized and sometimes offers some good deals.

Anyways, I'd love to see a good GS store run by a competent person, but I've yet to see one. Give me a GS store run by personalities like Kagari, Mangod, Garnett, or Fragile Eagle where I live and I'd totally go. Until then, I'm taking my business elsewhere, and with good reason.

I have the normal one preordered, I guess ill go tomorrow or when I go to pick up NGDS, FF7CC, and Dark Sector. Also, I am a little confused at the Gamestop hate, the one I go to is really good and the workers are really nice and know things about games. Like, sometimes I want to preorder something that was just announced yesterday and they know what im talking about, but it isnt in the system yet...also, I never actually would except them to preorder a game when it was just announced, that is be exaggerating things.

GAZERK said:
All the experiences I've had with Gamestop stores have been absolutely horrible.

There's only one store in my immediate area that I refuse to go to, because the manager made me wait 45 minutes to grab my preorder for MegaMan Powered Up while he helped other customers that came in after me. Maybe I got lucky, because that's the only terrible experience I've had at a Gamestop in the last few years.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Linkzg said:
I have the normal one preordered, I guess ill go tomorrow or when I go to pick up NGDS, FF7CC, and Dark Sector. Also, I am a little confused at the Gamestop hate, the one I go to is really good and the workers are really nice and know things about games. Like, sometimes I want to preorder something that was just announced yesterday and they know what im talking about, but it isnt in the system yet...also, I never actually would except them to preorder a game when it was just announced, that is be exaggerating things.

It just varies from person to person thats all. I had some good and bad experiences.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
GAZERK said:
That's laughable. All the experiences I've had with Gamestop stores have been absolutely horrible. From preordering a 360 six months before release and then getting it 2 months after release to awful trading policy and many instances of retarded employees. The only think I can't complain about is GS's website. It's organized and sometimes offers some good deals.

Anyways, I'd love to see a good GS store run by a competent person, but I've yet to see one. Give me a GS store run by personalities like Kagari, Mangod, Garnett, or Fragile Eagle where I live and I'd totally go. Until then, I'm taking my business elsewhere, and with good reason.

That's fair, but I worked in 2 different EBs in college and just after. One was deplorable. My coworkers were morons, and knew nothing about games. I had the highest sales in the store, and it's not surprising why. The second was the one I worked at in Boulder, CO. I don't know how it is now (I haven't worked there in 3 years), but when I worked there, all the employees was not only extremely knowledgable, but also friendly and courteous. Granted, they were all my friends, but we had people that would come from other cities because they didn't want to shop at the EB in their town.

They do exist.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Am I LTTP here? I thought the Preorder bonus DVD + Beta Key hit in APRIL!?!? IE: Walk in April 1, walk out with dvd + key?

Dot50Cal said:
Am I LTTP here? I thought the Preorder bonus DVD + Beta Key hit in APRIL!?!? IE: Walk in April 1, walk out with dvd + key?

This isn't about the preorder bonus, this is about the actual limited edition version of the game.

Dot50Cal said:

I doubt it'll be out on April 1st but the pre-order bonus DVD, Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 will be available in April. The LE comes with another bonus disc.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Pai Pai Master said:
This isn't about the preorder bonus, this is about the actual limited edition version of the game.

Yes I know, but I seen some other people commenting on it. Anyway, whats the general consensus? Should I preorder the game now, and keep bugging them with phone calls if they get the DVD in, or preorder when I know its there?

Ninja Kn1ght said:
I doubt it'll be out on April 1st but the pre-order bonus DVD, Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 will be available in April. The LE comes with another bonus disc.

Gah, Christ..So how many things are there out there?!

-PS3 w/ MGS4 bundled
-MGS4 Standard
-MGS4 Limited w/ bonus bluray
-MGS4 Saga Vol 2 DVD

Any others I'm missing?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Dot50Cal said:
Yes I know, but I seen some other people commenting on it. Anyway, whats the general consensus? Should I preorder the game now, and keep bugging them with phone calls if they get the DVD in, or preorder when I know its there?

Do it now so you can be guaranteed a DVD. As mentioned before, the first I heard of us getting in said DVDs, GAF will know :D

Dot50Cal

Banned
Kagari said:
Do it now so you can be guaranteed a DVD. As mentioned before, the first I heard of us getting in said DVDs, GAF will know :D

Thanks dude. Heading out tomorrow. Any idea how many stores are getting in so I dont get hosed? Will it be on a first come first serve basis again?

f_elz said:
cant wait to preorder this.

Not play? :lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Dot50Cal said:
Thanks dude. Heading out tomorrow. Any idea how many stores are getting in so I dont get hosed? Will it be on a first come first serve basis again?

Not play? :lol

From what we've been emailed about, we will definitely get enough to cover existing preorders and probably some extra for those who preorder up until release.

Our reserve numbers for this game are so low. I highly doubt we'll do a midnight opening for this even though it's one of Sony's biggest games.

I can send Beta keys to anyone as soon as we get them if you don't feel like reserving. I'm sure our store will get plenty.

Working tomorrow is going to be so nice though. No one is going to show up and the person im working with is going to bring dinner.

fse

Deadly Monk said:
Our reserve numbers for this game are so low. I highly doubt we'll do a midnight opening for this even though it's one of Sony's biggest games.

I can send Beta keys to anyone as soon as we get them if you don't feel like reserving. I'm sure our store will get plenty.

Working tomorrow is going to be so nice though. No one is going to show up and the person im working with is going to bring dinner.

I don't think people are expecting this to sell like crazy. Didn't MGS3 do ok on launch week?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Deadly Monk said:

I hope no one shows up. You should push MGS4 onto anyone buying PS3 games :lol it yields great results :X

Dot50Cal

Banned
Deadly Monk said:

So the beta keys are separate from the Saga DVD?

Darkpen

Banned
Dot50Cal said:
So the beta keys are separate from the Saga DVD?
ha ha, your avatar is so win

ravenmga.gif

CRYPTIC METAPHOR!

But wait, they aren't part of the saga dvd? I thought they were?

Linkzg said:

It's funny, half the people that work there are the most obnoxious, annoying people i've met. I felt bad for the manager. They ignored a customer for a phone call and even told people they only get the wheel in Mario Kart if they reserved it.

Glad I haven't worked in that one for years.

Adamrogo

Banned
I work at EB Games too, this is when the benefits really kick in... I'll take 2 LE's and I'll take a handful of preorder bonus... The bonuses from my store never go out to the customers, we always take them lol.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Darkpen said:
then why did deadly monk say that he could? D:

If they get extras, perhaps? Depending on how many they give us, IE, for the Mass Effect discs we got way more than we needed, I might have extra to take at my store as well.

Darkpen said:
then why did deadly monk say that he could? D:

Don't worry. If anyone on Gaf wants a key and the disc, i'm sure it will be okay. Everyone will know day one, i'm sure, that they're available. One of our stores got over 40 MGS PSP covers. It should be fine.

fse

Adamrogo said:
I work at EB Games too, this is when the benefits really kick in... I'll take 2 LE's and I'll take a handful of preorder bonus... The bonuses from my store never go out to the customers, we always take them lol.

tsk tsk tsk

YYZ

Any Canadians check EB yet if there's an artbook and Metal Gear Saga Vol. 2 for pre-ordering?

The artbook came with DMC4 pre-order and they didn't even know about it until a week before or something.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Vanish said:
wait...whats a saga dvd?

The original preorder bonus for MGS3's release was the Saga DVD Vol 1, which chronicled the events of the series up to that point.

Saga Vol 2, which is included as a preorder bonus for MGS4 will be in the same vein except it will likely cover all games to this point. Not sure on the specifics to be honest, maybe someone else can chime in.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Adamrogo said:

Better hope your customer isnt a member of a forum like GAF with speed dial to the corporate office of EB.

Cynar

Adamrogo said:

Hope your district rep finds out eventually :)

Darkpen

Banned
Cynar said:
seriously, that's not very nice. I mean, its one thing if you guys get box-loads that don't disappear for a month, but its another thing if you're taking so much that the customers don't get any D:

neojubei said:
Better hope your customer isnt a member of a forum like GAF with speed dial to the corporate office of EB.

I've met one person who's ever heard of Gaf at work. My co-workers still don't believe me when I tell them I get the latest news from here. They just sigh at me. : (

Adamrogo

Banned
Cynar said:

Oh you don't even want to know, her incompetence is mindboggling.

Don't worry, only the really cool bonuses are snatched up by staff, the Pokemon DS cases went to the kids!

Darkpen

Banned
Deadly Monk said:
I've met one person who's ever heard of Gaf at work. My co-workers still don't believe me when I tell them I get the latest news from here. They just sigh at me. : (
I've come across my share of gamestop managers that don't know about GAF, so I'm not surprised to hear coworkers that never heard of GAF.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Adamrogo said:
Oh you don't even want to know, her incompetence is mindboggling.

Don't worry, only the really cool bonuses are snatched up by staff, the Pokemon DS cases went to the kids!

Admittedly most of the bonuses lately have been too lame to grab. Or they send us way too much. Like those AssCreed artbooks. I eventually just put them out for people to take at will we had so many. This was two months after release, of course.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Vanish said:
wait...whats a saga dvd?

Here is a pic of Vol.1

d2c16f97.jpg

Deadly Monk said:

Well I've learned that when going to EB about some pre-order item or returning something or whatever that isn't as simple as buying a game, I have the corporate number on standby.

Top Bottom