• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matrix said:
NY and it still says "billing info received" I just fired off an email to ask for my shipping refund.Next day air saver is delivery by 3 pm and thats come and gone here.Hopefully I get it tomorrow :(

I am in Michigan and UPS hasnt come yet. But if he goes by and doesnt stop I will be e-mailing them and asking for a refund.

I even went to UPS.com and entered in the Gamestop.com address and mine and it said it would be here by end of day Thursday June 12th. I wonder whats up?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Damn. I was up from 9 am to 5 am from yesterday to this morning D: Played the game for ~4 hours last night and ended up having a dream about it while sleeping <_<;

Gowans

I'm really enjoying the story, the gameplay is OK (finding it a little clunky and the stupid AI breaks my imersion but hey its a game) but the whole atmosphere is just so good.

Im three and a half hours in and just getting to act 2, ahh this is what they ment by not mentioning the installs.

The characters and just so good tho.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Hey Matrix just want to let you know this game is awesome. :D

F JOO! *weeps*

"I even went to UPS.com and entered in the Gamestop.com address and mine and it said it would be here by end of day Thursday June 12th. I wonder whats up?"

Can you give me the address for gamestop or the link where I can test this out with my own address? I want to see if mine says that too.

FabCam

Gowans007 said:
I'm really enjoying the story, the gameplay is OK (finding it a little clunky and the stupid AI breaks my imersion but hey its a game) but the whole atmosphere is just so good.

What? The AI is incredible for the most part. Occasionally you see one guy just standing there, but they're much improved over the last games. They actually look around for you instead of just stick on rails.

I'm so jealous. I wont have the game for at least another week, I think I'm gonna take a few days off from work to really enjoy it as I haven't seriously played and finished a game since God of War 2 I think. My work is very time and energy consuming that I pretty much lost interest in gaming lately. But MGS is my favorite series and I'll be damned if I don't play the game to completion. Can't frickin wait :D

Lakitu

st5fu
What a game... fucking hell!

I've only just completed Act 1, what a ride!
The frogs battle pissed me off but it was so awesome! and loved the stuff with the rat pack. And then getting to Liquids Camp, I had a lot of fun with a sniper rifle

I got 155 kills on that first act alone...

OHHHH MYY Y GODDDDDD

ACT 2:

I was killing a bunch of PMC'S and LIQUID'S VOICE FROM MGS1 JUST RANDOMLY CAME IN AND SAID "YOU ENJOY ALL THE KILLING, THAT'S WHY!"

HOLY FUCKING TAPDANCING CHRIST

Matrix said:
F JOO! *weeps*

"I even went to UPS.com and entered in the Gamestop.com address and mine and it said it would be here by end of day Thursday June 12th. I wonder whats up?"

Can you give me the address for gamestop or the link where I can test this out with my own address? I want to see if mine says that too.

Sure all you need is the city and zip code Grapevine and 76051 here is the url i used https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US&WT.svl=PNRO_L1 for the Quote Type select Time-In-Transit Only.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
So far I've got quite a lot of guns, but the only ones I use are the operator, the m4 and a sniper rifle (cant remember which one it is though).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I managed to get one of the bundles this morning and am on Act 2.
Just finished the fight with Laughing Octopus and it really creeped me out. Overall the game is incredible and I'm really impressed with how little of the overall game that they've shown in the trailers. Not much else to say yet other than the game is spectacular and well worth the $500 investment.

KZObsessed

dabookerman said:
Holy SHIT!

Spoilers if you haven't defeated Act 3 Boss yet
So I am fighting Raging Raven, beat her pretty easy in her beast mode, now she's in beauty mode. I'm looking for the statue, but can't find it, and all of a sudden I'm warped into some empty area.. The Construct..

Anyway, I made a video of what can only be described as the very first boss fight you can actually fap to.
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~adamesat/Stuff/fapfap.mov
Let's just say, Raging Raven has one heck of an ass.

What do you mean by
"looking for the statue?????" What are you supposed to do when they turn back into women?
I just shoot them in the face :lol

psycho_snake

Broadbandito said:
just under 7 hours at the beginning of 3rd act briefing.

This is the greatest time I have ever had with a game
7 hours to get to act 3? Its taken me 7 hours to just complete act 1 and do a bit of act 2!

fistfulofmetal said:
Is it weird that during Mission Briefings
all I do is control the MK and go follow Sunny around?

I do it too, it's fun and you can sometimes find items.

P.S. I feel sorry for people blowing through this game. I'm 7 hours in and only at the start of act 2. There is so many hidden items and places to find, to me it's part of the thrill of a new MGS game.

FabCam

The GameTrailers review is weird. They say it's one of the best games of the generation then give it 9.3. They also seem to not be able to play the game and say that it's a negative. Oh well.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
One hour till I'm back at home and opening up my PS3... today has been the longest day like, ever, I feel like a kid on the last day of school before Christmas vacation.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AmericanNinja said:
Sure all you need is the city and zip code Grapevine and 76051 here is the url i used https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc/request?loc=en_US&WT.svl=PNRO_L1 for the Quote Type select Time-In-Transit Only.

Thanks,I tested it out,according to that I too should have it by the end of the day,which I believe they stop at around 7 pm eastern here.Only a couple hours left :(

psycho_snake

Act 2 spoilers below:

I've just met
Rosemary
. Did I hear it wrong or is that
rose from MGS2?

I just picked up my LE preorder and can't wait for this incredibly slow day to end. I also got this real nice MGS4 art/info book with my pick up, and I didn't know the enitre soundtrack was included (I thought it was just select tracks), so cool.

andycapps

So I'm at Act 2 and having trouble defeating the boss.
Laughing Octopus. I got really close but somehow she rolled into me and killed me instantly. She was at less than 1/4 health. Anyway, was a pretty intense boss fight so I'm taking a break for a while to relax. Whenever she was sitting still on the ground I'd be popping grenades in there, when she was on the ceiling I was spraying her the whole time with a P90. Any tips of defeating her?

Lakitu

st5fu
Hmmm I'm contemplating playing tonight... but I have a very early day tomorrow? Have to be up early and got a pretty long day. What do I do GAF??

I entered my tracking number at theupsstore.com website and I got this:

Last Scan: 6/11/2008 11:25:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED US
US
Carrier: UPS
Service: NEXT DAY AIR
Expected: 6/12/2008
UPS Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Scan History:

6/11/2008 11:25:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED US

I used this URL: http://www.theupsstore.com/tracking/tra.html

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I have to say, Sunny as a character is completely different than what I thought she'd be just based on first impressions.
The way she seems so neglected by snake and otacon, and how she even has a stutter. I was totally thinking she'd be the stereotypical spunky, precocious little kid.

andycapps

Lakitu said:
Hmmm I'm contemplating playing tonight... but I have a very early day tomorrow? Have to be up early and got a pretty long day. What do I do GAF??

Go ahead and play through Act 1 and stop when you get to the end. Should take you around 2-4 hours.

FFObsessed said:
What do you mean by
"looking for the statue?????" What are you supposed to do when they turn back into women?
I just shoot them in the face :lol
Theres a statue of their beast form when you fight them in their human form. It usually around the area somewhere. I got the screaming mantis one for instance.

I'm gonna be posting pics of the BBs human form doing sexual poses and fapping for the camera, very very soon. Stay tuned! Just beat the game again, awesome stuff. It's amazing how quick you can complete the game when you skip all the cutscenes ;p.

Loving Act 2 right now.. but man does David Hayter suck. I swear he is the worse VA in the game, and is he trying to simulate damage from tobacco on Snake's voice? Utter shit.

FabCam

Teknoman said:
So because of people not wanting to be spoiled, will the MGO GAF squads take awhile to get back together?

I checked on MGO. To make a clan you have to play for 20hours and be at least level 3.

It will only take 2 days
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom