• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I can't check through the thread in case of spoilers, does anyone know if the Gametrailers review has any spoilers? I can't get this (along with a PS3) until Saturday :(.

Big-E

darkpaladinmfc said:
Sorry I can't check through the thread in case of spoilers, does anyone know if the Gametrailers review has any spoilers? I can't get this (along with a PS3) until Saturday :(.

I heard they show new environments and scenes so I wouldn't watch it.

KZObsessed

dabookerman said:
Theres a statue of their beast form when you fight them in their human form. It usually around the area somewhere. I got the screaming mantis one for instance.

Interesting. I'll look for them next time. Does getting them do anything or are they just for show?

FabCam

darkpaladinmfc said:

Yes, GT has location and gameplay spoilers.

Just finished act 3 - HOLY SHIT what an act.
I didn't like how it started, the following was too slow for my taste, but the bike chase sequence could be one of my favorites ever. Its great how well it was directed if you just watched, but controlling aim even during the dramatic cuts is just fucking epic. WOW at story reveals as well. I knew Zero was the founder honestly, but The unseen Dr. clark was para-medic and LOLOL The Darpa Chief was Sigint?!?!? I think thats great, even more so since ocelot tortured him to death.

EDIT:
how many freaking previews called Big Mama the leader of the B and B corps when that don't seem to be the case at ALL!?

Teknoman

dabookerman said:
Theres a statue of their beast form when you fight them in their human form. It usually around the area somewhere. I got the screaming mantis one for instance.

I'm gonna be posting pics of the BBs human form doing sexual poses and fapping for the camera, very very soon. Stay tuned! Just beat the game again, awesome stuff. It's amazing how quick you can complete the game when you skip all the cutscenes ;p.

How could you skip the cutscenes? Thats just inhuman :lol

Seriously though, who skips MGS cutscenes or codecs?

FFObsessed said:
Interesting. I'll look for them next time. Does getting them do anything or are they just for show?
View them in the Nomad where Sunny is normally

Its mainly for show.

Anyhoo, my playthrough on BB Hard goes like this

Play Time: 14:34:42
Continues: 15
Alert phases: 57.. lol
Kills: 9 :(
Rec items used: 63
Total Weapons procured : 59
Flashbacks : 146

Eagle.. again..

Teknoman said:
How could you skip the cutscenes? Thats just inhuman :lol

Seriously though, who skips MGS cutscenes or codecs?

It's my second playthrough ;o

GUYS! I GOT MY BUNDLE!

UPDATING MY SYSTEM NOW!

GOING TO INSTALL RIGHT AFTER!

FUCK YES!

FUCK YES!

I AM ALMOST SHEDDING TEARS OF JOY!

I CAN'T FUCKING BELIEVE I'M GOING TO PLAY THIS!

I'm sorry about the caps.

Teknoman

dabookerman said:
View them in the Nomad where Sunny is normally

Its mainly for show.

Anyhoo, my playthrough on BB Hard goes like this

Play Time: 14:34:42
Continues: 15
Alert phases: 57.. lol
Kills: 9 :(
Rec items used: 63
Total Weapons procured : 59
Flashbacks : 146

Eagle.. again..

It's my second playthrough ;o

Oooooh. Carry on then :D

Sallokin

After 6 hours of much needed sleep it's time to jump back in the saddle with Act 3. What's this I hear about not being able to make clans in MGO until you have 20 hours of online gameplay? What kind of limitation is that?

Teknoman

Sallokin said:
After 6 hours of much needed sleep it's time to jump back in the saddle with Act 3. What's this I hear about not being able to make clans in MGO until you have 20 hours of online gameplay? What kind of limitation is that?

It was in the beta. It goes by pretty fast.

U K Narayan said:
GUYS! I GOT MY BUNDLE!

UPDATING MY SYSTEM NOW!

FUCK YES!

FUCK YES!

Its all good man, scream with joy because moments like this are RARE!

dabookerman -
how in the world did ou only kill 9 in the whole game?!?!?! I had to kill 15-20 just to get past the bike chase without dying, or are those not counted?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AmericanNinja said:
I entered my tracking number at theupsstore.com website and I got this:

Last Scan: 6/11/2008 11:25:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED US
US
Carrier: UPS
Service: NEXT DAY AIR
Expected: 6/12/2008
UPS Tracking Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Scan History:

6/11/2008 11:25:00 PM BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED US

I used this URL: http://www.theupsstore.com/tracking/tra.html

I got that too,now wtf is it! :lol

ok guys, lets show some sympothy for us without a PS3 please. lets get some videos of areas not seen before like South America or some of the boss fights! or videos of some of Raidens scenes. links please

U K Narayan said:
GUYS! I GOT MY BUNDLE!

UPDATING MY SYSTEM NOW!

FUCK YES!

FUCK YES!

Your comments + your avatar always crack me up for some odd reason :lol
arg2bad said:
my tv is showing that this is running in 1080p even with 720p selected on my system settings - is this 1080p native?
Yeah, I noticed the exact same thing, but I doubt it is 1080p native.

I am sure the pixel counters figured it out already (which is probably old news but then again I've been avoiding the interwebz like a plague so I wouldn't know).

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Wow I'm really disappointed in the footage 1up used for their video review. All their in-game video is insanely washed out compared to how it looked on my tv screen, only adding to the misconception of "lolz mgs4 has no colorz".

BobTheFork said:
dabookerman -
how in the world did ou only kill 9 in the whole game?!?!?! I had to kill 15-20 just to get past the bike chase without dying, or are those not counted?

Um.. lol..
Used the tranq gun
I only got 9 kills accidentally..

sykoex said:
I have to say, Sunny as a character is completely different than what I thought she'd be just based on first impressions.
The way she seems so neglected by snake and otacon, and how she even has a stutter. I was totally thinking she'd be the stereotypical spunky, precocious little kid.

Yeah, man.
I already feel sorry for her

FabCam

Sallokin said:

That's what it said for me. That's not too bad actually seeing as I managed to put 20 hours into the BETA after just 1 week.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can someone answer if it's better to start the game on Hard or Solid Normal?

I played thought MGS3 on hard and thought it was ideal difficulty for me. However, MGS2 on Normal was just right as well.

Xater

rod said:
no.

this thread needs more act 4 gushing.
shadow moses!!!! WOW JUST WOW

The beginning of Act 4 is so awesome. This game had so many moments where I said out loud "Holy shit!"

andycapps

Need some help with the first boss (posted before but probably got lost in the madness that is this thread :lol )
Laughing Octopus. I got really close but somehow she rolled into me and killed me instantly. She was at less than 1/4 health. Anyway, was a pretty intense boss fight so I'm taking a break for a while to relax. Whenever she was sitting still on the ground I'd be popping grenades in there, when she was on the ceiling I was spraying her the whole time with a P90. Any tips of defeating her? Does a sniper rifle and doing headshots work best? Maybe a shotty?

burgerdog

Solid Eye question:
If an enemy/friend has a green square next to their name it means they are friendly to you? Red is enemy, right?

Teknoman

Guess once I get the game (tonight) i'll just watch a few PMC commercials, play some SP, then make my MGO character and see if I got rusty.

For those who played the beta, are the initial creation options the same as the beta? Or do they give you more items to start with?

Also are there more music tracks to choose from during MGO than the beta?

Love the part when he meets up with MKII/Otacon. When Otacon gives Snake the weapons and as soon as Snake see's them he puts his AK safety on and sets it on the ground. nothing special, it's just how quickly/instinctively he does it. A lot of little things in this game that I love. Can't wait to get deeper.

rod

Banned
andycapps said:
Need some help with the first boss (posted before but probably got lost in the madness that is this thread :lol )
Laughing Octopus. I got really close but somehow she rolled into me and killed me instantly. She was at less than 1/4 health. Anyway, was a pretty intense boss fight so I'm taking a break for a while to relax. Whenever she was sitting still on the ground I'd be popping grenades in there, when she was on the ceiling I was spraying her the whole time with a P90. Any tips of defeating her? Does a sniper rifle and doing headshots work best? Maybe a shotty?

i found that getting her down to 1-1/4 of her health would start the rolling/stomping. at that time, stay away from windows and holes in the ceiling and just KEEP MOVING :lol shoot, and RUN, and take as many close wall turns you can, youl eventually get it :D

samratty

Just been playing the first act at my friends,
got as far as the firefight with meryl's group and the woman ninja thingies.
Pretty awesome so far but I can tell it's only just warming up.
Can't wait to play tomorrow.

FabCam

Teknoman said:
Guess once I get the game (tonight) i'll just watch a few PMC commercials, play some SP, then make my MGO character and see if I got rusty.

For those who played the beta, are the initial creation options the same as the beta? Or do they give you more items to start with?

Also are there more music tracks to choose from during MGO than the beta?

Not much has changed. You can now re-gear you character, so you can change his appearance whenever you want. Some skills have got new names eg. "quarterback" is the renamed throwing mastery. There are new gameplay modes including a counter strik type mode with no re-spawns. I think there are a few more music tracks too. But it's still the game I loved and got addicted too :D

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
rod said:

I think I'm halfway through Act 3.
Motorcycle chase
is just fantastic, and so was the
huge revelatory cutscene
. I love love love the way the cutscenes just melt right into gameplay.

rod

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I think I'm halfway through Act 3.
Motorcycle chase
is just fantastic, and so was the
huge revelatory cutscene
. I love love love the way the cutscenes just melt right into gameplay.

you will not believe act 4s intro. you think "no. they wouldnt. no way" . but they do. and its amazing. i will be here, waiting for reactions :D

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Y2Kev said:
:O

:O

this game got awesomes goddam

The controls, the graphics, the depth of gameplay, it's all so overwhelming me. I literally want to just fuck around and approach every level in various different ways for no reason than other just to see if I can.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Any boss fight that surpasses the End yet? Parish was kinda down on the boss fights in this game in his review...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom