• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize that the Act 1 Mission Briefing wouldn't play automatically, so I went back and watched it after finishing it. That cleared things up a bit.

Question about that, though: even though I hadn't seen the Act 1 Mission briefing, I remember seeing the eggs and the mention of Solidus (not a spoiler btw). When did that pop up? Also, when did the Campbell landing in the cemetery to recruit Snake scene play? I feel really disoriented about how I'd seen the FIRST eggs scene without having seen the briefing, and I don't know where the chopper landing scene was. Were they in the middle of the first act somewhere?

Xater

Brandon F said:
Any boss fight that surpasses the End yet? Parish was kinda down on the boss fights in this game in his review...

Yeah I wasn't that impressed with the bosses either and figured them all out pretty quickly.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm about to fucking explode here...27 minutes before Work Day ends.....come on you fucking sumbitch MOVE CLOCK...DAMMIT!

24_fanlisting.jpg

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR! TELL US WHERE THE BOMB IS!!! WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!!!! DAMMMITT!!!

Oh geez I saw the UPS guy park next door and drive away without coming here. I was prepared to come here and write something vulgar about him but then I hear my porch door close and now I gots mine!!!

mgs4.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
rod said:
you will not believe act 4s intro. you think "no. they wouldnt. no way" . but they do. and its amazing. i will be here, waiting for reactions :D
not there yet but the very end of the
chase
was the most awesome thing i think i've ever seen :lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AmericanNinja said:
i dont know whats going on. maybe they ran out? Did you get a reply from eb yet?

Nope,no reply.It takes 24 hours most of the time to get a response back,I could call but I hate talking to reps.

No way they ran out,we pre-ordered in April,we got saga dvds,they even gave a tracking number which means they had a copy set aside for us and our cards were charged.Also they notify you on the order tracking page and via email if your item is on backorder.

Ups fucked up or our packages went out too late cause of EB.

andycapps

JPBrowncoat said:
Oh geez I saw the UPS guy park next door and drive away without coming here. I was prepared to come here and write something vulgar about him but then I hear my porch door close and now I gots mine!!!

mgs4.jpg

Go ahead and go to the bathroom, stretch, and get something to eat because you won't be able to pull yourself away from the controller for hours. :D

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
MGS4, actually making PS3 installs cool (there's a screen of it on like every game blog). I hope other devs step it up and also try creative stuff from now on.

Chiggs

Gold Member
You know, thinking back to the first trailer in 2006, I remember watching it and thinking, "Jesus, the world has become a grim place. Part 4 looks like it's going to be suitably bleak."

Flash forward two years and I'm reading stuff about
Podcasts, PMC Commercials, etc.
Guess I should have known. :lol

andycapps

rod said:
i found that getting her down to 1-1/4 of her health would start the rolling/stomping. at that time, stay away from windows and holes in the ceiling and just KEEP MOVING :lol shoot, and RUN, and take as many close wall turns you can, youl eventually get it :D

Thanks rod. I will definitely give that a try. I think I got a little burned out and needed a break for a couple hours. Didn't get much sleep last night and that boss fight is really disorienting and disturbing.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
This game was made for surround sound, holy shit does the game sound amazing.

I've just done the first boss, going to take a break now till tomorrow as I don't want to rush things.

Have fun everyone!

Neo 007

Anyone know if the figurine that comes with the limited edition is going to go up in value?
If so I'll leave it sealed up in the plastic container.
If not I'll unpack Snake and put him next to my PC speakers.

My friend Darren just spoke to me after finishing and said the latter half of the game tails off into obscurity, anyone had a similar experience?

Not picking this for the time being.

Matrix said:
Nope,no reply.It takes 24 hours most of the time to get a response back,I could call but I hate talking to reps.

No way they ran out,we pre-ordered in April,we got saga dvds,they even gave a tracking number which means they had a copy set aside for us and our cards were charged.Also they notify you on the order tracking page and via email if your item is on backorder.

Ups fucked up or our packages went out too late cause of EB.

Did you get a e-mail saying your order shipped? I didnt. I found out it shipped by checking my order through gamestop.com. It was shipped yesterday between 4-5PM. I made a post about it here I was pretty excited it shipped lol Now i dont think it even shipped yet :( Like you said either EB/GS or UPS messed something up. So much for their street date guarantee lol

andycapps

By the way, haven't seen much said about it, but isn't the soundtrack for this game amazing? Some of the tracks seem very different from what I've heard in past Metal Gear games (which is that I've played MGS2 and MGS3 but haven't finished either). The first act's songs were incredible.

bosx2

Banned
my girlfriend just brought me my copy of MGS4 and HOLY FREAKN SHIT I am impressed by the graphics
I have never seen so crisp graphics before and thats all realtime! HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Kojima set the new benchmark damn high

I´m off playing this game the forever...

Xater

llTll said:
i just finished it.

omg i was about to faint at the ending.

seriously this game is an art.

omg i am in love
At everyone who finished the game:

During the suicide cutscene was I the only one who thought that Kojima is going to let me pull the trigger like with The Boss? The whol time is was thinking "Don't let me do it Kojima! I don't want to!" :lol And then later the relieve.

matticus

llTll said:
i just finished it.

omg i was about to faint at the ending.

seriously this game is an art.

omg i am in love

exclamation-point-for-kiddo-t.jpg

Sweet, well my install should be almost done... I can't wait! Later guys ... happy snaking!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AmericanNinja said:
Did you get a e-mail saying your order shipped? I didnt. I found out it shipped by checking my order through gamestop.com. It was shipped yesterday between 4-5PM. I made a post about it here I was pretty excited it shipped lol Now i dont think it even shipped yet :( Like you said either EB/GS or UPS messed something up. So much for their street date guarantee lol

No email,but this isnt the first time I have pre-ordered from them and they usually never send an email if it's overnight or if you do get one it's after the game is already in your hands.

I looked at my order status the same way as you around the same time yesterday and it showed as shipped.Of course UPS tracking doesn't work right away and late last night my tracking info changed to the billing bs and never updated again.

I honestly think at this point we wont be seeing our copies till tomorrow and EB will have to refund us.

quick question:

does anyone else get the occasional weird color flash glitch on Snake's costume from time to time during cutscenes?

is this just a clever way of showing his Octocam glitching or is this a technical thing?

Xater

TheJollyCorner said:
quick question:

does anyone else get the occasional weird color flash glitch on Snake's costume from time to time during cutscenes?

is this just a clever way of showing his Octocam glitching or is this a technical thing?

I don't even know what you mean.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
For fans of first-person or third-person shooters, what do you have your camera sensitivities set at?

Just got the game and can't seem to find a happy medium.

By the way, I'm currently playing the game in 1080p, and to my knowledge that's upscaled, would it be better or worse to set my PS3 to 720p for MGS4?

chespace said:
For fans of first-person or third-person shooters, what do you have your camera sensitivities set at?

I set everything at max and have no problems dealing with it, had the same in MGO. Just get used to making small movements with the sticks.

Xater

chespace said:

8 for me. Thinking about setting it higher for MGO though.

Thanks for everyone's advice from page 236 about finishing MGS3 before I jump into 4. I'm going to try to put in a marathon session this weekend to finish it. My shiny copy of MSG4 will be egging me on :)

Matrix said:
No email,but this isnt the first time I have pre-ordered from them and they usually never send an email if it's overnight or if you do get one it's after the game is already in your hands.

I looked at my order status the same way as you around the same time yesterday and it showed as shipped.Of course UPS tracking doesn't work right away and late last night my tracking info changed to the billing bs and never updated again.

I honestly think at this point we wont be seeing our copies till tomorrow and EB will have to refund us.

Yeah I agree. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. I am going to e-mail GS and ask for the shipping refund. My MGS4 better be here by tomorrow thats all i got to say lol:lol

The craziest thing has happened. I beat Act 1 in about 6 hours (I was pausing and such a lot), plus I suck lol (funny enough only 3 continues). I've gotten past
power substation
in act 2 and the first thing I want to do after class is start all over again and try it different ways. I realized midway through that I had been playing it almost like GRAW and I wanted to try another way. After the first opening of act two with
hostage rebels and the different ways to free them
. I couldn't help but reload and try new ways like I used to do in Deus Ex. Thats a hell of a compliment to Kojima and his team. This is already shaping up to be one of the best games in years. I mean how many other games will want to make you go back after 7-8 hours and start again.

Some very minor complaints. I think the Night Vision on the Solid Eye is a bit too powerful in the day time and almost makes me want to play most of Act 2 in night vision.

I wish the save system was more PC like (ala not checkpoint starts, but wherever you save)

Still really minor.

Also The amount and variety of weapons is amazing, it makes GRAW/R6/COD4 look like a mobile phone game in terms of weapon depth.

Anyone else share any of these views?

Matrix

AmericanNinja said:
Yeah I agree. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. I am going to e-mail GS and ask for the shipping refund. My MGS4 better be here by tomorrow thats all i got to say lol:lol

If mine doesn't show up tomorrow or if my shipping isn't refunded..... I would hate to be a CS rep on the phone with me :D

randomwab

Been playing since 9am this morning (it's now 11:30PM) and I'm just starting Act 5 gameplay. I think my playtime so far is about 13 hours. Gonna go get some food (I haven't eaten anything all day) and then try and finish it before I pass out.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
wowfactor said:
How do we sell unused weapons? I just saw upgrade and purchase.
If you mean the ones you pick on the battlefield then they just translate into point immediately since DB rewards you instantly. Otherwise, please clarify.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Also The amount and variety of weapons is amazing, it makes GRAW/R6/COD4 look like a mobile phone game in terms of weapon depth.

Anyone else share any of these views?

That's what I absolutely loved hearing as I'm a bit of a gun-nerd myself when it comes to games

....hell I used to spend the majority of my time in the Counter-Strike days, just tweaking out my weapon load-out with custom skins, sounds, models, etc. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom