• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strider2K99 said:
Wow, so cool.

I didn't know about this and randomly gave it a try. Say you have a certain octocamo pattern on (let's say concrete pattern). If you shake the sixaxis to return the camo to normal sneaking suit during a cutscene, it actually returns to normal IN REALTIME. That shit blew my mind.

You know what blew my mind? That I JUST learned shaking the sixaxis did that. :lol :lol

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I must be massively late on this.

but lol at the manual

it's single handedly the most awesome manual of all time. I got loads of enjoyment reading it.

kuYuri

Superblatt said:
You know what blew my mind? That I JUST learned shaking the sixaxis did that. :lol :lol

:lol

Yeah, that was mentioned before by Payton and during the gameplay trailer from while back. It's kind of annoying that it isn't mentioned in the manual.

Speaking of the manual, is the MGS4 manual similar to the MGS3: Subsistence manual where the full manual has to be downloaded online because it wouldn't otherwise fit the case?

andycapps

Roxas said:
Ok ive been raped about 50 times by Laughing Octopus now. How the FUCK do you kill her? :lol

Argh, I just got beaten my second time by her. Both times I get her down to 1/4 and she comes out of the ceiling and knocks me down, rolls up into a ball, and then kills me.

edit:
Ok, I finally got her. My strategy was mainly to use the Night Vision while she was visible, then when she disappeared to turn it off and let the battery recharge. The night vision seems to make her Octocamo stand out as white. Then I just unloaded on her with my M4 and some of the bigger guns. I did that over and over and kept moving. At the end I was almost dead and I got lucky and got the drop on her. Wait, she's back? Ok, that was jacked up!

eLGee

I love the (intro spoiler)
game show intro. Also, wasn't David Hayter supposed to be in the intro as a live action character cameo
?

Sol.. said:
I must be massively late on this.

but lol at the manual

it's single handedly the most awesome manual of all time. I got loads of enjoyment reading it.

''A record of today's battle is going on my blog''

''...

I'm looking forward to it''

Teknoman

Just making sure everything is updated in game. HTTP patch downloading for MGO works pretty fast now. Alot better than beta. P2P not so much. Must be like 0 people updating right now :lol

eLGee said:
game show intro. Also, wasn't David Hayter supposed to be in the intro as a live action character cameo
?

The talk show (first channel I got) had David Hayter as himself, in the future (with a solid eye on ;) )

Hey, how do you equip a gun with specific bullets? I bought some air rounds for my M870 Custom shotgun but I dunno how to use them.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's right there in the weapon selection. :lol If anyone didn't know, just press circle when selecting a weapon with multiple ammo choices.

Kazenone

OH MY GOD AT ACT 3

Just passed the 12-hour mark. Can it get any better? I want to cherish every minute, but I can't but the game down. I have to finish it right now.

eLGee

McLovin said:
I'm about 25 minutes into this game and holy crap this game looks ridiculously good! I know its probably been mentioned before but this game looks fuckin awesome!
And those commercials at the beginning look really really good. I was shocked when I found out I could change the channel

Wha wha whaaaa? How?

Zeke

my install is now finished...omg this start screen is so somber, it makes me sad the music fits so well. Ok gaf see you on the other side *salutes*

Gowans

I'm enjoying the cut scenes and boss battles (ell the one Ive done) far more than other part of the game.

Just finished the first boss (round end of act 2? bout 5hours in?), I've played so many games but I'm constantly in awe with the character models, face models, animation, voice acting, cinematography, art style story and immersion are really unparalleled. Closest I can think is Mass Effect.

The game part I can really give or take, I find myself battling with the controls and finding the sneaking mechanic a hassle, then the action mechanic a hassle too (tho I love the variety in weapons and items), as for my past statement about the AI yeah I know its the game mechanic but now the world is so realistic the fact all the solders are increabily short sighted and need inch think glasses and have the memory of goldfishes really pulls me out.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Did anyone else have trouble adjusting to X being confirm and O being cancel? It's so ingrained in me that it's the opposite for MGS games I actually had trouble getting used to it. :lol

Calcaneus

eLGee said:
?
He is. He gets interviewed in one of the channels. He has the solid eye on, and its kinda funny.

So I got maybe half an hour into the game, and I'm alread wow'ed. There's so much awesome thrown at you, and it looks sooo great. I going through this one on normal, and I'm still dying more than normal. Its awesome.

Kittonwy

Banned
Picked up my copy of LE.

RAWRRAWRRAWR

RAWRRAWR RAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWR

RAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWRRAWR

Indifferent2.gif

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I just want to commend everyone on the use of spoiler tags in this thread. Especially with cluing people in on the level of spoiler so people know whether or not it's probably something they've seen or not.

I'm guessing I'm on the last act.
Liquid just took control of the Ark and Raiden got crush'd

I'm about 13 hours in. I really didn't think I'd marathon this... but I just don't want to put it down.

Facism

revolverjgw said:
The next time I play through the game (which I will, multiple times), will I have to reinstall between acts?

my brother and i are playing this. I got to act 2 whilst he was still on act 1 with his profile. Did the install for act 2 as i hit it. when he came to continue his game, it did a reinstall of the Act 1 data. i assume a new act overrides the previous act install data.

Can you get the iPod songs off the game? I wonder does the PS3 have connectivity with iPod/iPhone? Could you transfer the songs from the game onto your ipod/iphone?

J-Rzez

Jesus Christ... Best presentation ever from a game. I've been taking my sweet time with it, but gawd-damn, it's so epic in feel. I never thought the controls were ace in the other MGS games, but these are so well done it's amazing, I can't think of anything I'd want to be different about them. The environments feel pretty large as well surprisingly. The visuals are great, and the sound the game makes is simply remarkable. Oh well, back to the game!

Teknoman

Photo Album option is in MGO's menu as well huh? Wonder how that'll play out. Also I havent read the manual yet, but do we get more clothing options than whats availible at the start when we level up in MGO?

rs7k

Overwhelmingly positive impressions... fuck this makes me want to play it, but I'm broke and I only have a 360.

Does the game even look like it's possible to port over to the 360? (not trying to troll, I just want to know how awesome it is)

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
rs7k said:
Does the game even look like it's possible to port over to the 360? (not trying to troll, I just want to know how awesome it is)
Anything's possible but I wouldn't expect something like that until Fall 2009 to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom