• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Does using the tranq gun on EVERY boss give you secrets? Or only Specific ones?

edit:
MickeyKnox said:
Also, did all the BBs with the tranq gun.

YES. My god, yes.

Do you need to do it 2 times with the tranq gun? you cant use a normal gun the first time right? im gonna stock up on bullets :p

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
str8-h4x said:
fuck, I just got my ass HANDED to me 3 times in a row before I ever got to mk.II on normal (the real normal).

I think I should finish 2 and 3 and then COME BACK to this.

For taking out targets in the way, I like to get down on the ground, blend in, then shoot them with some tranquilizers, and always cling by walls while crouched.

Ephemeris

MickeyKnox said:
Yeah, so I just finished the game about a half hour ago.

Started playing when I posted my return from the midnight signing, 18 hours straight.

I could not be fucking happier right now.

Game of All Dimensions

Congrats. I'm dying to play but I'm just exhausted -_-

Tiduz said:
Does using the tranq gun on EVERY boss give you secrets? Or only Specific ones?

edit:

Do you need to do it 2 times with the tranq gun? you cant use a normal gun the first time right? im gonna stock up on bullets :p
Seeing as how Kojima had been talking up the B&B squad with shit like "can Snake reach them and bring out the beauty" or some such thing, I figured I should just go ahead and tranq em, sure enough, you get face Octocamo of each "Beauty"

As for the twice thing, that's how I did it. But fight with the last beauty made me think that maybe you can use regular ammo for the first "main" part of the fight.

KZObsessed

MickeyKnox said:
Seeing as how Kojima had been talking up the B&B squad with shit like "can Snake reach them and bring out the beauty" or some such thing, I figured I should just go ahead and tranq em, sure enough, you get face Octocamo of each "Beauty"

You know, I actually feel quite bad now because I didn't even think to tranq them. I just blew them away... ;_;

Calcaneus

I really hate this new trend of the gaming media drooling over a game then forgetting about it in a month. It really looks like MGS4 will share the same fate. No matter how great the game may be, everyone has become so ADD about games.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Calcaneus said:
I really hate this new trend of the gaming media drooling over a game then forgetting about it in a month. It really looks like MGS4 will share the same fate. No matter how great the game may be, everyone has become so ADD about games.
Don't have the game do you?!!?!?!?!?!?

gondwana

Just finished Act 2. Throughly impressed so far, but I'm gonna take my time with it. I can't believe you guys that have waited for this for years are just going to romp through it in one day.

senahorse

tha_con said:
So amazing. Jesus.

The immersion and ambiance is unbelievable.

unbelieve.jpg

THIS.

Only at the start of Act 3 but this is already one of the best games I have ever played, and probably the best game I have played this generation, Kojima you are a god of game design. :D

Cartman86

Banned
I can't stop smiling after completing this game a couple hours ago. Such a great experience. An experience that I was afraid I would not get after reading reviews and getting so hyped up. But it lived up to my expectations. It's so nice to get a series of games, films whatever that is so consistent and treats it's characters with respect.

PS: God damn were the cutscenes and acting 100 times better than the previous games. The lip synching and pretty much every line of dialog was fine if not great. There was maybe 1-2 clunky lines, and really no weird mistranslation moments. I was so fucking impressed. And the storytelling shows maturity for Kojima. Oh man am I spent.

SHIT, I accidentally skipped a codec message.

If you're in ACT 2, if someone could sum it up for me that would be amazing.

You get the message right when you enter south america power station.

LiquidMetal14

paaronormal said:
Just finished Act 2. Throughly impressed so far, but I'm gonna take my time with it. I can't believe you guys that have waited for this for years are just going to romp through it in one day.
It all depends on my time. I have so much going on right now. I really want to finish this within the next few days. I can't wait. I also wanna go through it all again.

DoctorWho said:
I've done this several times... especially in Act 2. I try to mix it up though and use stealth were appropriate.

No, that's not what I meant exactly.

I meant a way to actually RUN and GUN. Like you are running and firing at the same time. In the other games it used to be hold X and square to shoot.

Oh and people talking about the Ipod and playing music from the HDD, isn't that supposed to be in one of the new PS3 firmware updates?

muramura said:
The Japanese version is Policenauts

Actually both have popped up a few times. He always puts them in MGS games. Great seeing reference to other amazing Kojima games :)

RobertM

xS1TH L0RDx said:
SHIT, I accidentally skipped a codec message.

If you're in ACT 2, if someone could sum it up for me that would be amazing.

You get the message right when you enter south america power station.
Which one the
Raiden one
or the
Rose
one?

Man this game is full of awesome a well deserved 10 not unlike Halo 3 or GTA4.

calder

About 2 hours in so far, blah blah fucking amazing blah.

I haven't killed anyone yet, not trying to do anything but I just haven't had to. For whatever reason I'm going through this as stealthily as possible, something about the camo system and the crawling/moving mechanics just make me not mind waiting patiently for 3-5 minutes to avoid pats I could just run past and evade without difficulty.

Calcaneus

LiquidMetal14 said:
Don't have the game do you?!!?!?!?!?!?
I do, and its awesome. And I really like that the game is getting the praise it deserves, but I want it to end up being real, not just a case of reviewers being caught up in the hype train.

Also, man my MGO skills allowed me to have no disparity between Snake being a badass in cutscenes and fucking rolling everything during gameplay.

Got Eagle ranked at the end, with a bunch of other ranks/badges unlocked below it.

MutFox

Banned
I can't %#$@ing find the MGS4 PS3 Bundle anywhere!
It's sold out everywhere!

I NEED THIS BUNDLE!
NEED!
NEEEEED!!!

@#$%!
I wish I was able to pre-order!
@#$%!!!

KZObsessed

Broadbandito said:
Need help, in act 4,
how the fuck do you kill vamp
?

Took me a while to figure that out.
Call Otacon on the codec a few times and he'll tell you how.
Or if you just want to know now
CQC him and grab him from behind, then use the injections on him that Naomi gave you. They will repress his nano machines and stop his regeneration

RobertM said:
Which one the
Raiden one
or the
Rose
one?

Man this game is full of awesome a well deserved 10 not unlike Halo 3 or GTA4.

holy shit it must be
Raiden
because I just got
Rose
in my codec. If you'd be willing to sum up the conversation for me i'd be greatful :)

Edited for my stupidity with lack of spoilarz tags

LiquidMetal14

Calcaneus said:
I do, and its awesome. And I really like that the game is getting the praise it deserves, but I want it to end up being real, not just a case of reviewers being caught up in the hype train.
I'll tell you this. GTA did not have me like this game does. I love GTA for its MP. But the SP is something no one will be talking about. MGS4 is one that will leave a mark in those who complete it. It's bittersweet on my end. I've not forgotten the past games, there's no chance this one will leave my thoughts. It might be one of those games you play annually.

FFObsessed said:
CQC him and grab him from behind, then use the injections on him that Naomi gave you. They will repress his nano machines and stop his regeneration
Yeah that fight was hilarious for me.

after you "kill" him the first time and he comes back to life, any head shot is an instant kill, so it was just non stop him dying immediately after standing till I randomly looked at the description for the needle and saw that you could use it in CQC.

McLovin

Calcaneus said:
No.. if anything this game didn't have enough hype. It deserves all the praise it gets and more.

FFObsessed said:

im supposed to behind him and hold r1 correct? Cause i cant fucking do it lol

One thing I'd like to find out is what was that specific fight that all the journos that went out to Japan to play early found way unbalanced.

I'm assuming it was changed since nothing was ever annoying or felt cheap.

Broadbandito said:
"kill" him once, then after that all you need to do is land one head shot on him and he will go down then heal back up. After you head shot him run to where he's laying on the ground stand behind him, only have your needle equipped in your item window and nothing in your weapon hand, when he stands up, press and hold R1 then hit triangle.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
Is anybody else for some reason floored by the transition from cut scene to game.

Every it's like

soooo good.

KZObsessed

Broadbandito said:

The way I did it was (on Solid Normal):

You have to have no weapons equipped of course and the injections equipped as your item. Let him come towards you or move towards him and hold down R1 from the front, that should throw him to the ground. Then when he's getting up, move behind him and hold down R1 to grab him from behind. Then press triangle to inject him

tuco11

Boy, I stink at Metal Gear :lol . I played 3/4 of Metal 2 on the ps2 and thats it. Even though I am still learning the ropes and getting comfortable with the controls, I love it so far. Graphics and sound are amazing. I am playing it on the default diffuclty any tips?

womfalcs3

Banned
Not a story spoiler. Happened in the first act.

LOL.
The guy was in the barrel taking a dump and Snake actually goes in to inspect it afterwards.
:lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
AmericanNinja,I called ebgames.com CS about MGS4 not being delivered today and was told they had some issues with getting some copies to UPS in time or something like that,what I figured had happened.Guy knew before hand what I was calling about so they must be getting a ton of calls.He said I would have it by tomorrow and refunded my shipping.

I was sick of waiting around for an email reply.

Sol.. said:
Is anybody else for some reason floored by the transition from cut scene to game.

Every it's like

soooo good.

It sorta reminded me of the two towers game from ea. I feel you though, it's awesome. Seamless, and you don't ever feel a disconnect between cutscene and gameplay.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Juts finished Act 2 and decided to take a break (because the install screen told me to). Amazing so far.

The weapon customization seems daunting. I don't even know where to start. :lol

Narag

xS1TH L0RDx said:
It sorta reminded me of the two towers game from ea. I feel you though, it's awesome. Seamless, and you don't ever feel a disconnect between cutscene and gameplay.

That's an excellent way of describing it actually.

Chamber said:
Juts finished Act 2 and decided to take a break (because the install screen told me to). Amazing so far.

The weapon customization seems daunting. I don't even know where to start. :lol

If you can add a shotgun to something, you should as it is doing the Lord's work.

Teknoman

NOOO DAMN IT!

After experiencing how cool it was to have in gameplay messages transmitted through your bluetooth headset, I was going to charge (Jabra BT125 that came with Warhawk) via the USB cable. Apparently the USB cable is dead or broken or something because it isnt recognized by my PS3 (to charge up anyway) and when I plug it in my PC, it disconnects anything else thats plugged in via USB (in whatever section that USB array is in).

Now I cant recharge it and it seems no one sales an AC adaptor for the headset.

Now I wont be able to communicate in MGO or GTA IV until I solve this.

xS1TH L0RDx said:

Same here.

schlew

It's a pretty tame spoiler (as it occurs before the game play even begins) but what's the easiest way to
view the live action commercials?

I've only seen the two (maybe three) that play before you begin the game proper.

I noticed that if I don't press start at the title screen, eventually they'll play, but it's a long wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom