• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crateman

The bar has been raised so fucking high for official threads that I'm sure we won't see anything like this in a LONG time.

Epic indeed...

Sage00

Once And Future Member

I call! I call! Awesome avatars and amazing OP. MGS4 hype+++

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Calling this avatar.

THIS ONE.

Also, where did the 29 hours figure come from? I need confirmation for something this big, even though this is NeoGAF, where I should just BELIEVE.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
39 page OP! :lol Absolutely epic OP for an absolutely epic game. Well done.

If you post unmarked spoilers, may you get a swift kick in the balls from Snake and a bullet in the head from Ocelot.

Guled

alr1ghtstart said:
39 page OP! :lol Absolutely epic OP for an absolutely epic game. Well done.

If you post unmarked spoilers, may you get a swift kick in the balls from Snake and a bullet in the head from Ocelot.
mgs4_thumbs_up.jpg

jenov4

Holy shit at the OP. most impressive official thread ever. Also, I will be joining you guys in here come June 12th. :lol

Frog

AMAZING thread. A couple oversights I noticed from a quick scan:

-Timeline: MG1 and MG2 take place in 1995 and 1999, not the 80s
-Table of Contents: MG1 and MG2 were MSX games, not NES (MG1 was ported but it wasn't the same)

NeoUltima said:
Ok honestly, I cannot stress how badly you all need to get that theme on your ps3 now. It is m0dus' best work yet, by far.

Listen to this guy! It has the great metal gear sounds and the icons are just stunning. I loved the foxhound one and the faces with the eye patches, but the one that made me smile the most was the one for blocked users.

Guled

Sage00 said:
They all blur together in my mind, and I own the magazine! :lol

20 hours of gameplay and 9 hours of cutscenes was the exact quote.
9 hours of cutscenes, thats awesome. The ending is going to be epic since its an hour long :D

Echoes

Hoooooooooooooly shit. Best thread ever in the history of the internet! :D Ultimate job, man.

Now it's time to read the whole thing!

Nemesis_

Very very nice thread. Bought back a lot of memories just by readin it! =) I'm looking forward to MGS4 more than anything now. It's only what, like 14 days to go?

I'm fucking amped.

My God, that OP(s) is beautiful. This is going to be the longest, hardest official thread ever!!!!

The bartender where I work got a ps3 recently and heard about MGS4. He has never played any MG game, and he asked me, "is it more like Halo3 or CoD4?" I cried : (

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The Crimson Kid said:
Indeed.

Just looked at the thread stats, and it came out to this:

Replies:182
Views: 183

Damn.

:facepalm, there's always someone. Views are not updated in real-time, but at set intervals. You need to view a thread to reply to it, so the view count goes up by one with each reply until enough time has passed for the views to be updated properly.

Ploid 3.0

I am speechless... Modus, BruceLeeRoy, and whoever else was involved I thank you for the effort and work put into this. [/bow]

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Frog said:
AMAZING thread. A couple oversights I noticed from a quick scan:

-Timeline: MG1 and MG2 take place in 1995 and 1999, not the 80s
-Table of Contents: MG1 and MG2 were MSX games, not NES (MG1 was ported but it wasn't the same)
Yeah the timeline seems messed up. Here's the one from the official site.

kbympc.jpg

I'll say again, that OP is amazing! I thought I knew it all, but I read everything and I just learned something I didn't know about vamp :|

Edit: MGS takes place ONE YEAR after MG2, again I did not know that. I've seen the timeline before but I didn't think about it. That seemed way too soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom