• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

Metal Gear Solid 4 will go down as one of the greatest adventures ever told within the video-game medium. When you finally complete Snake’s heroic tale, sit back, relax and enjoy what’s coming, because when it’s all over (assuming you don’t play it through three to four more times) you’ll be able to sleep soundly knowing that you just played one of the greatest games of all time.

Oh june 12th, why do you mock me?

Seriously, after this game, we will have to find something else to replace video games with in our lives. In a matter of weeks we will be playing a game which will never be bettered. Everything other game from that point onwards will be a disappointment.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
SolidSnakex said:
Hey! What is this? A review with no score?
Better that way, people might actually read it.

I just hope people dont start spouting hyperbole like what happened with GTA IV. I might have to hurt someone if "Oscar worthy story" gets thrown around some more.

SolidSnakex said:
Hey! What is this? A review with no score?

This gets the job done than simply any high scoring would do anyway:

Metal Gear Solid 4 will go down as one of the greatest adventures ever told within the video-game medium. When you finally complete Snake’s heroic tale, sit back, relax and enjoy what’s coming, because when it’s all over (assuming you don’t play it through three to four more times) you’ll be able to sleep soundly knowing that you just played one of the greatest games of all time.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LeoStenbuck said:
Seriously, after this game, we will have to find something else to replace video games with in our lives. In a matter of weeks we will be playing a game which will never be bettered. Everything other game from that point onwards will be a disappointment.

Channeling Itagaki there?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Orsonclapping1-1.gif

Well Done

hirokazu

HK-47 said:
Better that way, people might actually read it.

I just hope people dont start spouting hyperbole like what happened with GTA IV. I might have to hurt someone if "Oscar worthy story" gets thrown around some more.
Oscar-worthy story? GTAIV? :lol

I've been on a hiatus from games for two week now so I can get uni work done, but being 1/3 way through the game, that shit if FAR from Oscar-worthy! Starts off promising, but completely fails when you start doing missions for random people instead of pursuing Niko's purpose.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
The most official thread of official threads.

My hats off to all who assisted in this glorious masterpiece!

Another AWESOME official thread on GAF. I think this will get linked a lot.

Good job, BruceLeeRoy. I learned about one new code tag too. :)

rgun

Banned
So that.. BluTooth HEAD SET is for real AFTER all.

hmmm....
Going to buy that .. without a doubt! I hope it comes to BEST BUY.

h3ro

its... its... BEAUTIFUL.... MAGNUM!

/Mugatu :p

Seriously though, epic thread for an epic game, great work everyone.

m0dus... you've outdone yourself with that theme! I hope you stuck your name and info all over the file because no doubt that a million people will rip it off and try to pass it off as their own.

fan-fuckin-tastic OP... I just read through everything... this is essential reading for those who have completed all the games... and really its also recommended reading for those that havent but want to play MGS 4

When Evilore told me how amazing this thread would be, I believed him, but it actually surpassed any expectation I could have possibly had. It joys me to see the game that I've been waiting so long for to get this level of treatment here on NeoGAF.

Bruce, I salute you and everyone who contributed to this astronomically insane thread.

Let the games begin.

Aurelius

Damn, that OP is AWESOME!
I was starting to suffer from Metal Gear Solid fatigue. But this thread really relighted the fire.
Now I’m going to spend the day at work reading all of it.

patsu

Jeebus, even the OPs look like part of the MGS game. We might as well make a coffee table book out of them.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
wow, 39 pages. That sure is..... something alright.

The amount of time the OP must have spent on that is bewildering

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
MoonsaultSlayer said:
Between the Lost finale and this amazing start to what will be a painful 2 weeks...... my spine is shattered and I'm covered in goosebumps. Great job, man.

After reading the pre-review in my new EGM it proves how unneccessary it is to have game journalists out there. Who are they to give an opinion about a game? Do they really have the time to invest so much of their time and emotion towards each game? Fuck no. Seriously, pack it up guys. You're just a waste compared to those who truly love videogames. Just look at this thread.... just look at this site for fuck's sake. [/end rant over a piss poor read with equally pathetic points of view.... "it needs a better cover system" (aka it needs to be like gears) but yet they blast dark sector and uncharted for borrowing the very same mechanic and taking points away.... fuck off]
Which EGM is this? I hadn't heard of the boys at EGM being upset about the game in any way. I'll have to do a lil research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom