• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection(PS3) appears in Korean Game Rating Board

Cyklops

Neo Member
Wouldn't it be nice to finally have a Metal Gear 1 and 2 remake? The roots of the story, just in time for MGS5. Ahh, one could only wish.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The question is if it's a MGS1 remake will Hayter voice Snake?

They would just use the old voice assets, I imagine.

No point in re-recording it all.

That's what people thought back when Twin Snakes was being made, then they said nonsense about not having time or resources to edit out traffic or people coughing from their master recordings of the PSone game.

I'd be amazed if they re-recorded. Let's see who they can cast for everybody without David Hayter paying for most cast members' returns out of his own pocket or whatnot.

rvy

Banned
People forget that Solid Snake was the main character for 4 MG games, I don't know why. It's really funny to see a lot of folks act like Solid Snake doesn't have any games.

And I dislike Big Boss as much as the next guy.

Drencrom

Already got all the games but MGS1 remastered in HD would be cool and worthwhile.

Really like those renders btw, dat MGS1 Solid Snake

Oemenia

Banned
I always say this but MGS1 looks just fine when its properly filtered and has a better artstyle than TTS. There's even the PC version for them to work on so they could easily swap out textures and even character models.

rvy

Banned
I always say this but MGS1 looks just fine when its properly filtered and has a better artstyle than TTS. There's even the PC version for them to work on so they could easily swap out textures and even character models.

I would not mind at all if Konami pulled a FF X-X2/KH HD port with MGS. That's how you do it properly, not this shit that Capcpom and others have pulled off this gen. Improve the character models, go the extra mile and add facial expression/lip movement and improve the textures for everything.

Not down for another remake though.

Slime

Banned

Plot twist: the whole point of this collection is to acquaint players with Snake's new voice actor. MGS1-4+PW will be re-dubbed by Not Hayter.

But seriously, this is random. Hopefully there really is a new MGS remake, but I doubt it.

Pyrrhus

I don't see how this makes people think a remake of MGS1 is incoming. We're at the end of the generation, guys. They're not going to do new, major graphics updates to classic titles right now. And MGS1 would need a major update.

The simplest solution is that this is just a 2 disc set of the MGS HD Collection and MGS4 with a voucher for a download of the PS Classic version of MGS.

I own all of these games and the HD collection.
If this is all games on discs in a new set and not just a repackaging of the HD Col. with 4 thrown in and a MGS1 code then I'd happily double (triple for some of the games) dip.

Metal Gear Solid: The Hayter Collection

You know, I'd get behind this concept. An MGS collection where the main bonus is a supplemental commentary track with David Hayter talking about his memories in recording for the games and other stuff like fan interactions and his thoughts on the story beats. I mean, in the end he has no authoritative bend on the series on the writing level (Good or bad, you be the judge) so it'd be like one tier higher than most fan things.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Any chance in hell they put Twin Snakes in this?

No. Kojima always said he wants to make his own MGS1 remake. That was also one of the reasons why Twin Snakes wasn't included in the HD collection.

Izick

No. Kojima always said he wants to make his own MGS1 remake. That was also the reason why Twin Snakes wasn't included in the HD collection.

In theory though, if they're doing an ultimate collection then they could put the Twin Snakes in this in the mean time.

It'll depend on just how much Nintendo was involved with TTS.

They didn't publish or have any hand in development, right? Just did a quick Wiki search, and all it lists is Nintendo as a distributor.

Takao

Banned
I think the real reason we'll never see TTS again is because Kojima didn't direct it. Konami hasn't re-released Portable Ops, Ac!d, or Ghost Babel any time recently either..

Izick

I think the real reason we'll never see TTS again is because Kojima didn't direct it. Konami hasn't re-released Portable Ops, Ac!d, or Ghost Babel any time recently either..

Right, that's what I've always thought as well.

Redhood

I doubt they will use Twin Snakes considering it was distributed by Nintendo who were involved with it. I'd much rather a remake of 1 than Twin Snakes anyway.

amjUD0q.gif

LOL I never played TTS but that gif is laughable. Since when is snake so ninjey?

Buntabox

I'd be completely satisfied with MGS1 in actual HD. I love how it looks on PC, but its so damn buggy I never feel like playing it. Plus the stock footage sequences never working is annoying.

Ruze789

If this doesn't release on the 360, I'll be stealing my brother-in-law's PS3 so I can play this. I just got the HD Collection on the 360 but I would love to play a proper HD MGS1.

Oemenia

Banned
I would not mind at all if Konami pulled a FF X-X2/KH HD port with MGS. That's how you do it properly, not this shit that Capcpom and others have pulled off this gen. Improve the character models, go the extra mile and add facial expression/lip movement and improve the textures for everything.

Not down for another remake though.
This. Theres been many good examples this gen such as Perfect Dark, Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil Code Veronica X where the original look was retained whilst improving upon the weaknesses. Im guessing its pretty cost effective too.

Top Bottom