• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Legacy Collection(PS3) appears in Korean Game Rating Board

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
Obviously, this idea isn't happening, but it would have been nice to see a HD collection with MGS, TTS, and PO to keep the collection non-redundant. Ac!ds would be cool too and Ghost Babel.

I think it would be pretty cool to have just one long game where each title flows seamlessly into the next. 3 - PW - 1 - 2 - 4.

longest credits ever.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
If it's PS3-only, I think it's fair to assume that the compilation is just gonna feature in one disc the original MGS1 (which was given as a download code to PS3 users on the HD Collection in Japan) and HD versions of MGS2/MGS3/Peace Walker, and in the second disc will feature the re-release of MGS4.

MrT-Tar

Just had an idea: could this be the MGS game for the WiiU that was 'leaked' by the whole Miiverse thing?

I'm not usually one to believe in this kind of stuff, but it seems to have been correct so far.

wii-u-leaked-games-rumor.jpg

Batzi

Banned
Just had an idea: could this be the MGS game for the WiiU that was 'leaked' by the whole Miiverse thing?

I'm not usually one to believe in this kind of stuff, but it seems to have been correct so far.

wii-u-leaked-games-rumor.jpg

Yes but this one says it is for the PS3 so I doubt it.

Funny I was just browsing game shops last night and noticed the mgs hd collection was massively discounted at eb games.

Glad I didn't bite, will wait and see.

SKINNER!

Banned

hmm, tough one. One one hand, it seems reasonable for Konami to release another MGS collection and include a WiiU release (as well as PS3/360) but on the other hand, if they wanted to release a MGS collection for the WiiU then they could've easily released a HD collection version right?
Hmm, I'm curious to know what this new collection has that the old one didn't. Damn you Konami! my poor wallet...

Takao

Banned
Here's that old TTP rumor:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=431507

A reliable source told iWaggle3D today that the Raiden-centered MGS spin-off Metal Gear Solid Rising has switched developer, escaping Kojima Production to infiltrate Platinum Games (Bayonetta, Vanquish). Viewtiful Joe and Bayonetta creator Hideki Kamiya is apparently directing the game.

But wait, there is more...

While unable to confirm nor deny Move support for Rising, our source shed some light on future plans regarding the MGS franchise as a whole.

Besides confirming the PS3 remake of Peace Walker (likely to be a "PSP Remaster" with possibly 3D support, albeit he couldn't tell for sure), he also revealed that the next installment in the "main" MGS franchise (Metal Gear Solid 5, basically) is scheduled for this generation as a multiplatform release, with PS3, Xbox 360, NGP and "possibly 3DS" mentioned as landing platforms.

Finally, PC *PORTS* of MGS1, MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 are bound to be released digitally via Valve's e-Commerce portal Steam.

Of course, like with any rumor, you might want to digest all of the above with a pinch of salt. While I have no reason not to trust the source that shared these details (I wouldn't relay this information to you otherwise), internal production plans can change, so...

Hopefully the upcoming E3 will set things in stone with some official confirmations from Konami.

ash_ag

Any chance of Portable Ops being included?

Hmm, unlikely... But truth is that it should be retained in some form somehow, some day. Even if they don't do an HD remaster, perhaps they could reestablish it in another form. Maybe an interactive comic or special mode of a future game. Admittedly though, it would also work sweet as a mobile game -- an Android / iOS version would be perfect.

-Amon-

What gameplay? I'm playing it right now. MGS has like an hour of gameplay. There's like 3 rooms with guards in them and a bunch of closets with ammo.

It's literally cutscene, codec conversation, cutscene, boss, boss's dying sequence where he/she spends ten minutes telling you his/her life story, here's the next keycard - I found it in my ass, codec conversation, walking 10 feet down a hallway, repeat.

And it's perfectly ok that way.

Solidino

Metal-Gear-Solid-Logo-Design.jpg

but i don't understand one thing...see this pic

soRBhVL.jpg

is it right? SS(MGS2) before SS(MGS) ?
It can't be Portable OPS, cause BB has not the eye patch. So?

Toparaman

Banned
I hope the MGS1 included in this collection is at least rendered in 480p. That alone would make the game a lot easier on the eyes.

Of course, a completely re-skinned MGS1 would also be awesome

It can't be Portable OPS, cause BB has not the eye patch. So?[/QUOTE]

I'm confused about that too. The one on the right definitely looks like how SS looked in Twin Snakes, but the one on the left doesn't really look like SS from MGS2. I don't remember him having any mustache hair.

I guess this might explain those pics of that Koji-Pro art guy (who I really should know the name of) of him drawing artwork that looked a heck of a lot like MGS1 era solid snake.

Probably just promo art for a ultimate MGS collection set.

Now we just need to see more hints for that ZOE:3DS pic.

dan2026

If they actually did a remade version of MGS1 only non stupid and broken like Twin Snakes, it would be amazing.

Never going to happen though, this is probably just a tidied up PS1 port.

There's a few weird things in there like the Vita/3DS as platforms for MGS5 and the fact that this collection is meant for PS3. Hmm...

When that rumour was posted MGS5 was probably getting a Vita port.

Remember back then Transfarring was going to be Kojima's next big thing and was planned for all future games before he got burned by Sony just doing as part of the OS.

I hope the MGS1 included in this collection is at least rendered in 480p. That alone would make the game a lot easier on the eyes.

I'm confused about that too. The one on the right definitely looks like how SS looked in Twin Snakes, but the one on the left doesn't really look like SS from MGS2. I don't remember him having any mustache hair.

Snake_closeup.JPG

http://www.outcast.it/uploads/2013/04/Metal-Gear-Solid-Logo-Design.jpg[IMG]

but i don't understand one thing...see this pic

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/soRBhVL.jpg[IMG]

It can't be Portable OPS, cause BB has not the eye patch. So?[/QUOTE]

[quote="Toparaman, post: 54599946"]I'm confused about that too. The one on the right definitely looks like how SS looked in Twin Snakes, but the one on the left doesn't really look like SS from MGS2. I don't remember him having any mustache hair.[/QUOTE]

I think you guys are overthinking the placement of MGS2 & MGS1 Snake in the lineup, it's just silhouettes of the featured Snakes (MGS2 Solid, MGS1 Solid, MGS3 Naked, PW BB, MGS4 Old).

As for why you think MGS2 Snake looks somewhat odd with how his beard is in the reveal poster...

[IMG]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/snake/snake.jpg

He looks just like he did in Smash.

Takao

Banned
When that rumour was posted MGS5 was probably getting a Vita port.

Remember back then Transfarring was going to be Kojima's next big thing and was planned for all future games before he got burned by Sony just doing as part of the OS.

I wonder if this really came about after him learning that Sony was implementing a Cross Save system on Vita.

zainetor

Banned

he didnt have any in the tanker incident, but on big shell he had a beard.

Momentary

Banned
They can always dream, can't they.
I enjoy PC gamers coming into every gaming thread & port begging, it's cute.

Hey, seems to be working since back in the day it was rare for console based games to be seen on PC. But now we get them all the time. And with Konami finally releasing games onto Steam with Castlevania LOS1 and 2 what makes you think this doesn't have a chance to come to.

Top Bottom