• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Movie Announced

Solid Snake - Kurt Russel
Liquid Snake - Kurt Russel
Col. Campbell - Kurt Russel
Otacon - Kurt Russel
Meryl - Kurt Russel
Ocelot - Kurt Russel

Directed by Christopher Nolan

Summer 2014

I'd be fine with that.

tumblr_m8370y1ZKZ1qf15kjo1_1280.jpg

*LIQUID! WHERE IS THE TRIGGER?*

fi1ip

Not very happy about this idea but we'll see how it turns out.

It's years away anyway, maybe they'll convince me..

Busty

Banned
A) This project was always set up at Sony/Columbia but it now seems to have changed producer. I'm pretty sure that Mike De Luca was attached at some point.

B) Avi Arad is also producing that Lost Planet movie. Remember that? Well WB sure don't as it's firmly lodged in development hell never to see the light of day. He's also attached to the Mass Effect movie which seems to have a little more momentum.

C) Unless they are announcing a director or star attached to the project this is a non story.

*cough*

Riposte

It would be best if they didn't restrict themselves too closely to the games. MGS has stories which work around the concept of videogames.

I don't believe it is coming.

Jawmuncher

A) This project was always set up at Sony/Columbia but it now seems to have changed producer. I'm pretty sure that Mike De Luca was attached at some point.

B) Avi Arad is also producing that Lost Planet movie. Remember that? Well WB sure don't as it's firmly lodged in development hell never to see the light of day. He's also attached to the Mass Effect movie which seems to have a little more momentum.

C) Unless they are announcing a director or star attached to the project this is a non story.

*cough*

Exactly
They did the same song and dance in 2007
Hey a movies coming and we have a producer.....that's it.
http://www.slashfilm.com/spider-man-producer-announces-metal-gear-solid-movie/

Honestly there's a ton of video game movies just stuck in devlopment hell.

Radec

Speaking of a movie. A CGI movie like FF7 Advents Children would be better suited for MGS I think.

A CGI movie of a game won't gather much audience outside of the current fanbase.

Imagine Transformers in full CGI. Even if you put Michael Bay or voices from top actors, it still won't sell well compared to a live action movie.

And besides, we have been watching CGI cutscenes for years, a live human being would be a breath of fresh air.

sonicmj1

Let's be realistic: Christopher Nolan will not direct a MGS movie. Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, and Viggo Mortensen are not going to star as Solid Snake.

It isn't like he has aged much lol, besides if he were playing naked snake he would look more suitable being a person in their late thirties/forties.

Sushigod7

This thread needs more Nathan Fillion come on he is the perfect Otacon. I'm not sure this will be made but I guess it might be interesting. There still hasn't been a great game movie, look how long it took comics to come up with something gritty and worth a shit.

volpone

Banned
Without an enthusiastic director or producer attached to this project I think it's fair game to say that it's probably not going to happen. Again. And that's the best case scenario. Lest we witness Hollywood reanimate a corpse which ends up offending fans and moviegoers alike. I do agree with the notion that Hayter should write the script if the opportunity arises.

I think the ship has sailed for a Metal Gear Solid movie though. The franchise is no where near as relevant as it used to be. And Konami as a company seem to have completely lost their marbles.

Also: Christian Bale is notorious for hating interviews ever since he had a near breakdown while doing a press tour for Empire of the Sun at 13. He was fucking around with the interviewer when they asked him about Metal Gear Solid. He said recently that after The Dark Knight Rises he wants to move away from blockbusters to smaller scale productions for the time being.

just the story of mgs3

This. This. This. I don't have high hopes for it, but at least THIS. It has to have the SALUTE AT THE GRAVE. I don't think MGS1's story will be impressive if made into a movie and stripped of Kojima's touches. AH, but they're calling it Metal Gear Solid? :(

Haunted

*cough*
That's my take on this.

We have so many announced game movie adaptations that are stuck in planning/pre-planning right now, I'm skeptical until we see more concrete details.

Avi produced Iron Man, The Amazing Spiderman and Singer's M-Men

this could either be really cool or utter utter shit. If Kojima gets too close to it, it'll probably be 4 hours long and nonsensical. Hopefully it's as streamlined and awesome as his work on MGS1 was. It'll need a really good scriptwriter!

Top Bottom