• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the moment I saw Raiden's badassery in that E3 Demo ages ago (the MGS4 one, obviously), I thought this dream would never come true....I wish there was a crying with joy emote....

Kyoufu

Can't wait for some Lightning Bolt Action as Raiden. I've wanted this since the MGS4 trailer where Raiden busts some Metal Gears up with his blades.

Lightning Bolt Action is the best thing ever.

Xal-Shoota said:
From the moment I saw Raiden's badassery in that E3 Demo ages ago (the MGS4 one, obviously), I thought this dream would never come true....I wish there was a crying with joy emote....

And to think, not too long ago everyone hated the guy :lol

spwolf

how can anyone downplay MGS? Its fuckin MGS. MGS4 was one of the best experiences this gen. Of course 360/PC users should be happy about it, all things considered, it was probably the biggest news for MS E3 conference. We knew that Forza 3 will have more stuff than Forza 2, another Halo game was guaranteed and tech demos were cool but years away.

Its freaking MGS. Enjoy it, treasure it, cherish it.

and i am not even big MGS fan, it is just that good.

_leech_ said:
I always liked Raiden. I just thought if they were going to introduce a new lead they should have in a side story game. Not as the star of the sequel.

God... I really wanna play MGS4.

Jtrizzy

I loved MGS4, and thought for a second Raiden might be playable in it. I'm concerned about how the gameplay mechanics are going to work in this game though. Especially when you consider all the ridiculous stuff he pulled off in MGS4.

Raiden was awesome in MGS4 but they need to bring back the layers.

He was confused, introspective, and awesome in MGS2. A little too bitchy, but whatever.
Infuse those back into the "new" Raiden formula. Grey Fox found a way to be thought-provoking even when he was the cyborg, so let's get on it Konami.

Please keep Rose at home this time though. She can save data and flash her boobies to encourage Raiden to have at it, but that's it.

LowParry

Buckethead said:
Raiden was awesome in MGS4 but they need to bring back the layers.

He was confused, introspective, and awesome in MGS2. A little too bitchy, but whatever.
Infuse those back into the "new" Raiden formula. Grey Fox found a way to be thought-provoking even when he was the cyborg, so let's get on it Konami.

Please keep Rose at home this time though. She can save data and flash her boobies to encourage Raiden to have at it, but that's it.

Hrm. I wonder if instead of jiggling your PS3 controller to shake them, you use the new tech that MS is doing with Na...waaaaait a minute.

Does any one remember from MGS4 if they said Raiden was turned into cyborg ninja all at once? I kind of think it was all done at once but don't remember

I was thinking what if you start off the game pretty much human but over time you get more cyborg parts and thus more power ups.

I'd be like Raiden going Vader (like Vader was supposed to be transformed. Piece by piece)

gketter said:
Does any one remember from MGS4 if they said Raiden was turned into cyborg ninja all at once? I kind of think it was all done at once but don't remember

I was thinking what if you start off the game pretty much human but over time you get more cyborg parts and thus more power ups.

Metal Gear Too Human?

Sorry, had to say it.
Cardboard box'd

gketter said:

I'd be like Raiden going Vader (like Vader was supposed to be transformed. Piece by piece)

He sneaks into Area 51 to rescue Sunny, but something happens and he gets captured and experimented on.

Talon

Pai Pai Master said:
It was never announced as exclusive. IGN's just made of shitty journalists.
Or someone at Microsoft misspoke. We don't know what fully happened...although I suppose IGN hasn't deserved the benefit of the doubt for awhile now.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I don't think its gonna be what ppl think, Iike someone already said
I expect a Ninja Gaiden type game
and its still carrys the Solid title
it looks like a spin off to be honest
MGS5 this is not, infact I wouldn't be suprised if MGS5 does eventually come
but MGS as we know it, ended with 4

gonna be epic thou! but its not gonna be MGS

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Raiden can teleport. In the database, there is an entry for "Zero Shift" for no apparent reason, which explains it as the phenomenon of teleporting, that was once believed to be impossible, but first achieved by Gene in MPO. Why put that in the Database for no apparent reason?

Raiden teleported
when he was about to be crushed in Act 4, that's why there were Terminator-ish lighting bolts left after he disappeared, and he seems to have teleported at the end to help Snake

Otherwise, explain how the fuck he disappeared in
act 4, leaving only a sword and lighting bolts a la Terminator?

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Raiden can teleport. In the database, there is an entry for "Zero Shift" for no apparent reason, which explains it as the phenomenon of teleporting, that was once believed to be impossible, but first achieved by Gene in MPO. Why put that in the Database for no apparent reason?

Raiden teleported
when he was about to be crushed in Act 4, that's why there were Terminator-ish lighting bolts left after he disappeared, and he seems to have teleported at the end to help Snake

That's a good point.

Though, something I want to know is: how the fuck can Gene zeroshift? :S

_leech_ said:
I liked Raiden, as did a few others. Its just that the Snake-fellating morons that felt betrayed by Kojima that hated him :/

DSK123

Neo Member
Talon- said:
Or someone at Microsoft misspoke. We don't know what fully happened...although I suppose IGN hasn't deserved the benefit of the doubt for awhile now.
During Microsoft's event they said that every game shown after that certain point would be an experience found only on the Xbox 360. MGS was shown after that.

DXPetti said:
Pretty sure Kojima hated MGS4 at one point and thats when all the xbots were muttering about Kojima hating the PS3 and how hard it is to develop for...

Kojima didn't "hate" MGS4, he stated that he was just disappointed that the game didn't reach his fullest potential (mostly due to limited hardware).

Ether_Snake said:

Raiden teleported

Goddamn it, MGS4 is awesome again. :lol

Orlics

Ether_Snake said:

Raiden teleported

You know, everything you say always makes complete sense and is backed up by the evidence (such as the MGS Remake theory you had going) but in the end it turns out to be wrong.

It's as if you, a fan, are more logically consistent than Kojima.

hsin

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
I loved MGS4, and thought for a second Raiden might be playable in it. I'm concerned about how the gameplay mechanics are going to work in this game though. Especially when you consider all the ridiculous stuff he pulled off in MGS4.

I mentioned earlier that the Ninja missions in MGS VR Missions were fun as heck and that was for PS1! I can't even imagine what kind of shit they'll add...wall jumps/super jumps? combos?

EEEEEE

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Darkpen said:
That's a good point.

Though, something I want to know is: how the fuck can Gene zeroshift? :S

I liked Raiden, as did a few others. Its just that the Snake-fellating morons that felt betrayed by Kojima that hated him :/

Gene also had a special voice that allowed him to control soldiers' minds, thanks to the "successor project" he was a subject of.

And Elisa could read the future.

So the answer is?

It's Metal Gear. Solid.

Orlics said:
You know, everything you say always makes complete sense and is backed up by the evidence (such as the MGS Remake theory you had going) but in the end it turns out to be wrong.

It's as if you, a fan, are more logically consistent than Kojima.

Or Kojima is reading what I'm writing, and then he says "Oh no you don't! I will sulplise you!"

/changes script

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ether_Snake said:

Raiden teleported

LIGHTNING BOLT ACTION!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Am I the only one who never understood why the heck there was a weird zoom and a breathing sound every time you moved from one location to another in MGS4?

Originally, I thought it was Raiden following Snake from closely. But then the Raiden reveal scene didn't happen (until Act 2), so I thought it must have been nothing.

But it was a bit... weird. Does it happen through the whole game? I forget.

EDIT: BTW as much as I said I'm done with MGS after MGS4, I'm still interested in this game. I guess I can't stop caring about MGS, like Kojima:p

sykoex said:
Damn I think this really is 360 exclusive. :(

I'm listening to The Kojima Report about this announcement and they never mention PS3 or even hint at multiplatform. Then at one point one if the hosts says "looks like I'm gonna be picking up a 360".

In case it hasn't been linked:
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/radio/the_report/the_report_e3_2009_01.mp3

That's because it hasn't been announced officially for any other platform. They're only talking about things that have been officially announced.

unomas

Banned
Definitely a big deal because it's not just a port of MGS 4, it's a whole new game and whether it's multi platform or not doesn't matter. With all the other stuff they showed this is huge. Now to top it off a port of MGS 4 would be great, but obviously no word on that at all so I'd assume it ain't happening.

Aderes

Neo Member
I love Hideo.

Mostly everyone hated Raiden in MGS2 and wanted to play as snake for the whole game then then in MGS4, Raiden has all these cyborg parts and is much less of a dweeb and grew into one awesome skilled warrior and suddenly the people who hated him in MGS2 suddenly loved him.

iplay5150

Has anyone brought up the "Guy Savage" dream sequence in MGS3 where you were slicing dudes up for a few minutes? The ListenUP guys brought it up when talking about MGSR. I don't remember it very well, but it could be an indication of what direction MGSR might go in.

It really should be coming to both HD consoles, but I'm at least glad I'll be able to partake in some KojiPro love until the PS3 gets a wee bit cheaper.

soldat7 said:
Yeah but this one will probably fit on one disc.

Yeah, eliminating bullshit cutscenes saves a lot of space.

iplay5150 said:
Has anyone brought up the "Guy Savage" dream sequence in MGS3 where you were slicing dudes up for a few minutes?

I mentioned that in my mind. Too busy to post because I was hating on endings and theme music.

I hope not though. That section was terrible.

Darkpen

Banned
iplay5150 said:
Has anyone brought up the "Guy Savage" dream sequence in MGS3 where you were slicing dudes up for a few minutes? The ListenUP guys brought it up when talking about MGSR. I don't remember it very well, but it could be an indication of what direction MGSR might go in.
I mentioned it earlier. It was a unique little action game, but I hope its not the basis of Rising's combat system

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
Am I the only one who never understood why the heck there was a weird zoom and a breathing sound every time you moved from one location to another in MGS4?

Originally, I thought it was Raiden following Snake from closely. But then the Raiden reveal scene didn't happen (until Act 2), so I thought it must have been nothing.

But it was a bit... weird. Does it happen through the whole game? I forget.

EDIT: BTW as much as I said I'm done with MGS after MGS4, I'm still interested in this game. I guess I can't stop caring about MGS, like Kojima:p
I never considered it to sound like breathing, as it sounds more like a combination of chilly wind and tinkling objects. I think that its supposed to sound like you're exiting or entering a vacuum of space or something abstract like that.

Xal-Shoota said:

hiimdaisy.jpg

DXPetti

Banned
zoukka said:
Finally the last borders of exclusivity are falling down.

So good.

You mean, the last good 3rd Party Games on Playstation are now on Xbox too? :lol Seriously what 3rd Party game on the Xbox has come across to the Playstation besides Dead Rising? Not that I care, if its on PS3 then I'll get it, if not I may repurchase a 360

Darkpen

Banned
DXPetti said:
You mean, the last good 3rd Party Games on Playstation are now on Xbox too? :lol Seriously what 3rd Party game on the Xbox has come across to the Playstation besides Dead Rising? Not that I care, if its on PS3 then I'll get it, if not I may repurchase a 360
I'm waiting for Mass Effect to go multiplat ;)

We already got Ninja Gaiden 2! Just one more game to complete the system!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom