• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigsaw

Banned
animlboogy said:
Yeah, I don't get why the Solid is there.

because the solid hasnt anything to do with solid snake,solid means 3D,yes its called metal gear 3D,thats why ghost babel was only called metal gear: ghost babel,because it wasnt 3D

it was clever naming by kojima but no one gets it

metal gear 1
metal gear 2
metal gear 3D

ArjanN

miladesn said:
guys, don't keep your hope up, it's from the leaked GAME doc, it's probably a place holder date, there are lots of release dates in the doc that no way are true, like Singularity (a game we haven't seen anything so far from it) for June release date or MAFIA 2 that is now confirmed for August 24 has some other date in the doc.

Umm...we've seen a lot of singularity. It was delayed twice, I'm pretty sure it was originally supposed to be out already.

Although to be honest I consider any game release date that's more than half a year away a placeholder date.

I really want to some Rising gameplay just to see what direction they're taking with it.

Yoboman

Is this new?

MGSR-Box-Art-Xboxcom.jpg

leaked boxart?!

MGSR-Box-Art-Xboxcom.jpg

This morning on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, Metal Gear Solid: Rising was updated from its old placeholder box art to the box art you can now see above.

As you can see, the box stars Raiden standing with his back shown and face turned.

Where Metal Gear Solid boxes would normally say “Tactical Espionage Action”, it says “Lightning Bolt Action”. This would be the complete opposite of the Metal Gear Solid series, making it a face-paced action game with Raiden’s bad ass sword.

Killer.

With this update’s timing, I’m pretty sure we can go ahead and confirm this for E3. We’ll be safe and wait until Konami does it for us, though.

http://scrawlfx.com/2010/06/is-this-metal-gear-solid-risings-box-art

apologies if already posted

mr_nothin

Banned
ItAintEasyBeinCheesy said:
Not sure if want.
Imagine if this was a spiritual successor to ZOE ;)
That would be pretty awesome.
TheVampire said:
Snake better have at least a Cameo in this game.
1st 2 hours, you play as Raiden in the middle east. Then you play as Big Boss the rest of the game....

Face-paced action ftw

In all seriousness, I'm extremely intrigued by this one gameplay wise, and am curious if it will have anything to do with past events or if it will start anew.

Peff

Have they actually said if Murata is involved? If so, I really don't get the negativity, but IIRC we don't know yet.

Also, new thread worthy?

Peff said:
Have they actually said if Murata is involved? If so, I really don't get the negativity, but IIRC we don't know yet.

Also, new thread worthy?

There's been no word on who the director is. It's just assumed that it's going to be Murata.

mehdi_san

Hey guys, I just listened to this week's gameblog.fr podcast, and Julien confirmed he ALREADY saw MGS Rising running when he visited Kojima Productions in April. He couldn't say anything of course (NDA...) but he thinks the game won't be playable at E3, but there will be a trailer. He then added that what he could say is that the game looked "really nice, really really nice" (or something like that ^^), and that you shouldn't ask him whether he brought with him footage of the game (meaning that YES he must have footage of the game, ready to be uploaded for E3 I guess).
If some of you don't trust the source, you should know that they are the only journalists I know of that were allowed to visit inside Kojima Productions (here's a picture of their meeting in Tokyo, you can guess Kojima doesn't do this for every journalist: http://download.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/10/6962.jpg)

Yoboman

Yeah seriously ZoE2 was pretty much one of the top action games last gen. This game could really be special if Murata leads it

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Sword + Whip for close range fighting and the Rail gun for long range attacks. Makes sense.

Fakto

chandoog said:
Sword + Whip for close range fighting and the Rail gun for long range attacks. Makes sense.

Whip ? What Whip ? Thats the electronic dorsal spine of the enemy that Raiden has on the ground.

mehdi_san said:
Hey guys, I just listened to this week's gameblog.fr podcast, and Julien confirmed he ALREADY saw MGS Rising running when he visited Kojima Productions in April. He couldn't say anything of course (NDA...) but he thinks the game won't be playable at E3, but there will be a trailer. He then added that what he could say is that the game looked "really nice, really really nice" (or something like that ^^), and that you shouldn't ask him whether he brought with him footage of the game (meaning that YES he must have footage of the game, ready to be uploaded for E3 I guess).
If some of you don't trust the source, you should know that they are the only journalists I know of that were allowed to visit inside Kojima Productions (here's a picture of their meeting in Tokyo, you can guess Kojima doesn't do this for every journalist: http://download.gameblog.fr/images/blogs/10/6962.jpg)
How about that is always the France who break embargo's :lol :lol :lol

Sounds really cool though

This is my most anticipated game this left this generation of consoles. Its mostly due to loving 4 so much, and thinking it would be cool if they made a game based off that specific Raiden. And sure enough they announce one. There's so much potential with this game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
RavenFox said:
Have some dignity man plus you have Solid Snake as your avatar.

OK master question for you:

Why am i using Snake as my avatar? ...maybe because im a huge MGS fan and i can't wait for the next Chapter?!

Seriously man i don't get what your problem is ...

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Fakto said:
Whip ? What Whip ? Thats the electronic dorsal spine of the enemy that Raiden has on the ground.

Woops. Looked like a whip, didnt pay attention to the bottom part of the box art. He could still use something like that as a whip though .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom