• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeN

brain_stew said:
Joke post?

The game rendered in 1024x768. Aint nothing "sharp" about that.

I hear the 1080p upscaling was handled nicely, but yeah, there's only so much you can do when you're restricted to such a small amount of pixels.

Ever though about turning down your PC Master race complex just a little bit? PC is superior in graphics, everyone knows this but lately you been hell bent on starting unnecessary console vs PC wars.

Also do we have an official confirmation that's its even coming to PC? That exhibition card could be fake for all we know.

Slurmer

Banned
-viper- said:
OH SPECZ SPECZ SPECZ. Who cares if its rendered at such a low res when it looks 1080p quality? Looks way cleaner than ANY 720p game.

How about the fact it looks like it's one the sharpest games I've played on my TV?

And yes, the 1080p upscaling looks GREAT.

this. seriously.
it's a good looking game

Donos

CcrooK said:
Have you played a Metal Gear game? :lol

all of them. recently played through mgs3 again. Only in ACT2 in MGS4 thou (friends PS3). Come on i know that MGS has it's own cheesiness but it's entertaining. Power Rangers cheesy is akward and emberresing. Lightning Bolt Action ? lets see the first real trailers first.

SMZC

flabberghastly said:
Actually, yes, I am. We have no reason to believe this is any less of an MGS than Halo Reach is a Halo or Splinter Cell: Conviction is a Splinter Cell. A change in subtitle and a shift from a number to Rising doesn't suddenly invalidate this as the next Metal Gear Solid. It has even been specifically referred to as such in the aforementioned teaser.

You're downplaying the importance of this for ulterior motives, and everyone is aware of it.

:lol @ ulterior motives. This game will suck as much as MGS4. Regardless of where it comes out. The series is already ruined, anyway. I'm just laying out the facts. The "Tactical Espionage Action" bit is more than a subtitle. It was always meant as some sort of description of the gameplay of the series. Now it's gone. Why do you think that is? Kojima even said that it will be a totally different kind of experience. Surely you can see that the gameplay will have little, if anything, to do with the main MGS series. Can't you?

soldat7

SMZC said:
:lol @ ulterior motives. This game will suck as much as MGS4. Regardless of where it comes out. The series is already ruined, anyway. I'm just laying out the facts. The "Tactical Espionage Action" bit is more than a subtitle. It was always meant as some sort of description of the gameplay of the series. Now it's gone. Why do you think that is? Kojima even said that it will be a totally different kind of experience. Surely you can see that the gameplay will have little, if anything, to do with the main MGS series. Can't you?

2ajtkra.png

SMZC said:
There is a very real possibility of it being just as disappointing as MGS4, but I won't write it off just yet, especially because of a shift to "Lightning Bolt Action." Really, if it deviates further from MGS's stealth formula, it's merely extending what MGS4 already did. Are we now retroactively removing MGS4 from the official mainline MGS titles?

I've already posted my thoughts previously in this thread on what I'd like this game to be. If it manages to combine MGS-style stealth and NG-style action, then I will be happy. However, if it becomes ZOE in Area 51, I'll be disappointed -- but I still won't dismiss it as a mainline MGS title unless Kojima himself does.

SMZC

flabberghastly said:
There is a very real possibility of it being just as disappointing as MGS4, but I won't write it off just yet, especially because of a shift to "Lightning Bolt Action." Really, if it deviates further from MGS's stealth formula, it's merely extending what MGS4 already did. Are we now retroactively removing MGS4 from the official mainline MGS titles?

I've already posted my thoughts previously in this thread on what I'd like this game to be. If it manages to combine MGS-style stealth and NG-style action, then I will be happy. However, if it becomes ZOE in Area 51, I'll be disappointed -- but I still won't dismiss it as a mainline MGS title unless Kojima himself does.

Games don't get any more "stealthy" than MGS4 on Hard and Extreme difficulties. I doubt MGSR will have any stealth at all; but we'll see.

I'm not saying it's not a valid MGS game. I'm saying it's a spin-off when it comes to the gameplay department. Seriously, there are enough clues to arrive to that conclusion. Storyline-wise, it will as canon as they come. I doubt they'll focus much on the storyline, anyway.

-viper- said:
Who cares if its rendered at such a low res when it looks 1080p quality?

How about the fact it looks like it's one the sharpest games I've played on my TV?

And yes, the 1080p upscaling looks GREAT.

The bolded statement is 100% false, claiming an upscaled 1024x768 render is the same as a native 1080p render is just stupidity, it doesn't. Simple maths and physics. Sure the game looks great and the upscaling is well implemented, I never debated that, but you're losing over 60% of your pixels here. Ofcourse there' a huge difference its a similar leap to jumping from EDTV to 720p. Why spew hyperbolic BS? Its totally unnecessary.

JudgeN said:
Ever though about turning down your PC Master race complex just a little bit? PC is superior in graphics, everyone knows this but lately you been hell bent on starting unnecessary console vs PC wars.

Also do we have an official confirmation that's its even coming to PC? That exhibition card could be fake for all we know.

There's no master race complex going on here, I'm just correcting a false statement. Unless of course you'd prefer for people to spread and believe outright lies?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Darkpen said:
:lol :lol

Well, you better add MPO to that list of games that destroyed your faith because Gene was the first to perform the ability behind Zero Shift. Ether's conjecture is that Raiden is also capable of this ability, despite the database saying that the ability would not be replicated for hundreds (of thousands?) of years later.

Wait what, the Database says Gene did Zero Shift, why do you say it says it should not be possible for thousands of years?

EDIT: Wow, some people here are fucking crazy.

Solo

WrikaWrek said:
At the end of the day, it's being directed by Kojima. I thought people would be a bit more excited for it.

Do we actually know this though? Im still unclear as to which of these 3 new KP games is Kojima's own.

jett

D-Member
CcrooK said:
332qnts.jpg

I still can't get over the guy's expression. :lol

I'm so glad Kojima went back to his regular look. He looked like a fucking douche with the haircut he got during the MGS4 launch toor.

SMZC

Well, they just said that, of the two games, the one being done by the MGS4 team is MGS Peace Walker. So, regardless of whether MGSR is being done by other members of the MGS4 team (not all of them can be working on Peace Walker) or by a completely different team, this gives more weigth to my theory that MGSR is not going to be as high-budget as a proper, home console MGS game.

Not like I care. Peace Walker is going to suck ass, anyway; just like PO did.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Now that Koji and Co are busy with peace Maker, who is goin to direct Rising?

Spielberg?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
revolverjgw said:
It's obviously coming to PS3 too. They already have the god damned engine running on it. And the whole PS3 +PSP thing in the Japanese mags.

But... ugh, Raiden. If not a new Snake/Big Boss story, I at least wanted a remake. Raiden is just not a good character.
Oh, just shut the FUCK up!!! You Snake fanboys annoy me to no end!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I'm listening to today's KojiPro podcast and they said there's still another KojiPro announcement for the Konami Press Conference. Lords of Shadow?

Blader

Lakitu said:
When will we get a trailer for Rising? Tomorrow at Konami's conference?

I don't think we'll see any more of Rising until maybe TGS. Kojima said in the Famitsu interview that he isn't going to show off Rising (the "R game") at E3.

The other announcement will likely be Lords of Shadow.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
karasu said:
Kojima isn't behind Rising? So why was he at the MS conference? That's kind of silly.
Obviously, he's the face of Kojima Productions. Think of it like this, Rising is more of a side project like Metal Gear Touch.

Shadow780

sykoex said:
Obviously, he's the face of Kojima Productions. Think of it like this, Rising is more of a side project like Metal Gear Touch.

I'm surprised he would rather develop a PSP game (a true sequel too)....

3rdman

sykoex said:
There is little reason to assume one thing over another...Very little is known of either project.

I find it odd that the "side" project is the one that will cost considerably more to make considering its platforms and required art assets.

News Bot

Banned
Raiden was a good character.

Not anymore though. Now he's just horrible. But we can thank Kojima's shitty storytelling for that.

Chinner

Banned
at the moment we still know nothing about rising, but potentially it has a decent chance of having a better story than mgs:peace walker

brain_stew said:
The bolded statement is 100% false, claiming an upscaled 1024x768 render is the same as a native 1080p render is just stupidity, it doesn't. Simple maths and physics. Sure the game looks great and the upscaling is well implemented, I never debated that, but you're losing over 60% of your pixels here. Ofcourse there' a huge difference its a similar leap to jumping from EDTV to 720p. Why spew hyperbolic BS? Its totally unnecessary.

There's no master race complex going on here, I'm just correcting a false statement. Unless of course you'd prefer for people to spread and believe outright lies?
For what its worth, on a 720p TV, MGS4 does look stunning and aliasing is not noticeable (at least not on my Sammy Slim DLP-- on an LCD it might be a bit more noticeable)

NeoUltima

This is surprising...In the latest KJP Report they said this game is using an entirely new engine built from the ground up.

I think everyone assumed it would use a modified MGS4 engine.

rvy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
I don't think that he's at KojiPro anymore. Murata is the person that's probably directing it.
... What happened? I had high hopes for him. Ghost Babel is one of the better MGS games.

Blader

mr_mcgregors said:
Maybe Kojima isn't that involved after all!

Haven't we known that for a while? Kojima and the MGS4 team have been working on Peace Walker, plus Kojima has been overseeing the new Castlevania.

Pooya

guys, don't keep your hope up, it's from the leaked GAME doc, it's probably a place holder date, there are lots of release dates in the doc that no way are true, like Singularity (a game we haven't seen anything so far from it) for June release date or MAFIA 2 that is now confirmed for August 24 has some other date in the doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom