• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Winnie- said:
Wait, has this been pointed out yet? I'm watching the teaser again, and I'm hearing a baby crying when the voice over is saying Metal Gear Solid Rising. Wonder what it could mean...

You mean it wasn't a system warrior?
I can't hear it

Garryk

Paracelsus said:
I wonder what will happen on the blog if the game turns out to be exclusive/timed exclusive. *shrugs*
28weeks_2.jpg

LowParry

U K Narayan said:
The impact is lost, as this isn't Metal Gear Solid 4.

Well. There isn't much to be excited about when nothing has been shown of the game other than a simple short cgi trailer of the sort. I'm just glad it's something new instead of a port of MGS4. That would mean more waiting for the next installment (or reboot).

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
It's a shame MGS:R it's gettin all this hate.

IMO of course there were money hats involved, but if Kojima agreed it's ok, besides what's with all the whining if the game it's coming to ps3 too?

Kojima wouldn't let his beloved ps3 down.

Now if the games turns out to be timely exclusive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6E3ztS6xJk

this guy will make a shitload of videos

jmdajr

Well the Looney fans flipped out just as much for devil may cry, resident evil, final fantasy etc.
They even had some devil may cry 4 petition. The comments on that were priceless.

In the end I will buy the best version. (well maybe not pc, since my video card is pretty damn average)

CcrooK said:
Well. There isn't much to be excited about when nothing has been shown of the game other than a simple short cgi trailer of the sort. I'm just glad it's something new instead of a port of MGS4. That would mean more waiting for the next installment (or reboot).
I know, but even if they did show gameplay - I don't think it would be this massive thing for Sony fanboys to get riled over.

If it was an announcement for MGS4, the meltdown would be equivalent to that of an asteroid hitting the earth.

Graphics Horse said:
No! The carnival must go on!
Sure. :D

Honestly though, this game doesn't interest me very much. It would have to top Splinter Cell: Conviction in the badass factor to get me interested. SC:C is seriously the best thing I've seen at the show, so far.

TGS2009 I guess.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Yeah, I don't really see the big deal here. The release of a new MGS title is GREAT news! Heck, the inclusion of a PC version is especially great news (if it were handled properly, that is).

Everyone should just be thankful he isn't making a Wii game! THAT would have been worth complaining about.

XBOX gamers have had the chance to play MGS in the past, though. Did they forget MGS2? :D Yeah, it was a shitty and late port, but still, it was there.

Why are we quoting stupid kids on the internet that have nothing better to do than troll? Aren't we in this forum to avoid this kind of people? If we quoted every stupid fanboy on the internet and then talked about him it would make obsolete the reason why this forum has a strict TOS policy.

Seriously what's the purpose of this? Is it even contributing anything to the discussion?

jmdajr

fortified_concept said:
Why are we quoting stupid kids on the internet that have nothing better to do than troll? Aren't we in this forum to avoid this kind of people? If we quoted every stupid fanboy on the internet and then talked about him it would make obsolete the reason why this forum has a strict TOS policy.

Seriously what's the purpose of this? Is it even contributing anything to the discussion?

maybe some amusement? time could be better spent, but's still funny.
sort of

I've never seen so much crying in my life. It's still unclear exactly what platforms Rising is appearing on, yet people are bashing it because there are rumors it's exclusive, or timed exclusive, or something. Who gives a damn? If you're a Metal Gear Solid fan you shouldn't care. I'm definitely going to play Rising, no matter what platform(s) it appears on.

Can't wait to see gameplay footage and here about the story, etc.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
U K Narayan said:
I know, but even if they did show gameplay - I don't think it would be this massive thing for Sony fanboys to get riled over.

If it was an announcement for MGS4, the meltdown would be equivalent to that of an asteroid hitting the earth.

Sure. :D

Honestly though, this game doesn't interest me very much. It would have to top Splinter Cell: Conviction in the badass factor to get me interested. SC:C is seriously the best thing I've seen at the show, so far.

TGS2009 I guess.

This is true. At this point, I'm surprised it hasn't happened... MGS4 being ported that is.

Nah the same people who are saying "but this isn't huge, it's not MGS4" would be saying "but this isn't huge, it's just a year old port, who cares"

JayDubya

Banned
I agree with the Bombcast: if it were gonna happen, it would have already happened, and it would have been announced yesterday - it is possible that it could announced be at the Konami conference, but unlikely.

It really does seem like a no-brainer for them unless Sony's moneyhatting was THAT strong and / or THAT binding.

Paracelsus

Hellraizer said:
Nah the same people who are saying "but this isn't huge, it's not MGS4" would be saying "but this isn't huge, it's just a year old port, who cares"

And the answer to that would be "if they are bothering to port a one year old game, that means MGS5 is multi too!"

StuBurns

Banned
JayDubya said:
I agree with the Bombcast: if it were gonna happen, it would have already happened, and it would have been announced yesterday - it is possible that it could announced be at the Konami conference, but unlikely.

It really does seem like a no-brainer for them unless Sony's moneyhatting was THAT strong and / or THAT binding.
The other day they said it was bound to be at the press conference, now it's bound not to happen? Crazy.

There was a rumor that MGS4s exclusivity was connected to the MGS movie Sony Pictures are funding, so it was never going multiplatform. That's the reason I didn't think it was going to happen.

I did speculate MGS5 would be multiplatform, which I still think it will, I just thought it would have been announced at the MS conference.

LiK said:
saving the big surprise for TGS? maybe
Nah, it's never going to happen after this point.

Hellraizer said:
You would still get some tears flowing though. For this -- well, there isn't anything like that at all.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
pseudocaesar said:
.... A new MGS title has been announced, and your still expecting MGS4. Words fail. FAIL.

Why would I be expecting MGS4? I already own it. I'm saying, if they were to port MGS4, you would think they would have announced something by now, as it has been a year since the original release.

SMZC

Hellraizer said:

Actually, the MGS4 port wouldn't have been a great deal. Because, yes, it would be a year old port. And this MGS Rising spin-off thing coming to the 360 isn't such a great deal either. The 360 isn't "getting" the MGS franchise. Well, it is, but this game will have nothing to do with the kind of gameplay that's defined the series ever since its inception. You know what really would have been a great deal? MGS5.

Also, I have a feeling that Rising is going to be a very low-budget game in comparison with MGS4. The fact that's being announced just 12 months after the release of the latest MGS and the whole spin-off feeling that it gives make me think that this will be the case. Also, the fact that it's coming out on the 360 will probably mean that it won't have as many cinematics as MGS4.

LowParry

SMZC said:
Actually, the MGS4 port wouldn't have been a great deal. Because, yes, it would be a year old port. And this MGS Rising spin-off thing coming to the 360 isn't such a great deal either. The 360 isn't "getting" the MGS franchise. Well, it is, but this game will have nothing to do with the kind of gameplay that's defined the series ever since its inception. You know what really would have been a great deal? MGS5.

Also, I have a feeling that Rising is going to be a very low-budget game in comparison with MGS4. The fact that's being announced just 12 months after the release of the latest MGS and the whole spin-off feeling that it gives make me think that this will be the case. Also, the fact that it's coming out on the 360 will probably mean that it won't have as many cinematics as MGS4.

You could also argue that they're using the MGS4 engine so with tweaks and additions, it wouldn't take them long to make another game (spin off). Would it be equivalent use for say MGS5 at this point? No. I sure hope there isn't a MGS5. It needs to go and be done. Reboot the series. Start fresh and new. Go multiplat. Give us some new characters and some tripped out story Kojima!

Hellraizer said:

And they would be right. It certainly would mean higher sales for X360. Still who cares? The series' fans have already been served.

It soooo sad people wanting a videogame for sales increment and not for playing it :lol

PnCIa

Dyno said:
All I hope is that Konami uses the same game engine as MSG4. That game was awesome looking!
uh. The game had good art, the engine is mediocre at best. From what i remember from those "tech papers" it doesn´t even have streaming and doesn´t use a LOD for models. They downgraded the graphics a lot since their first showing at TGS05.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
I know we're supposed to be, "the better forum" and all, but I still can't help at chuckle at these comments. I didn't know these kinds of people still existed:

Thank you guys for selling out to Microsoft! Thanks so much for now making the once great hardware pushing game, into a title limited by inferior hardware. Blu-Ray wasn't big enough? So you guys go to DVD9. Kojima's presentation on Raising the bar on stealth gaming? The bar was dropped. Thanks so much for going for money, and forgetting about innovation and super high quality. MGS4 was a masterpiece in terms of technical achievement, storytelling, and the swan song for Solid Snake. And now, MGS on the 360, is a complete 180 on that concept. Thanks so much Kojima Productions! Thanks so much. Way to go guys. Keep pushing yourselves. Next time, let's just make MGS5 a 360 exclusive! Because you need "DVD" type hardware and not "Theatre type" hardware.

THEATRE TYPE HARDWARE

longdi

Banned
not surprising. :D
dont know why people here make up a thread so long with so many crazy speculations. I like kojima games but dont think he is that genius.

for an 3D action game, i am quite wary of konami abilities. they have made a few but they are not as challenging or memorable imo. hope this one will have good controls and combat with a wacky kojima story. it is a pity it is tied to mgs4 plot, did not like it, now they are going to expand on it .....

StuBurns

Banned
DOO13ER said:
THEATRE TYPE HARDWARE
That's actually a reference to a comment by Kojima. He said the Wii is broadcast television, the 360 is a home theatre set up, and the PS3 is a cinema.

He made a similar analogy with food, equally inaccurate.

gkryhewy

dgenx said:
It's a shame MGS:R it's gettin all this hate.

IMO of course there were money hats involved, but if Kojima agreed it's ok, besides what's with all the whining if the game it's coming to ps3 too?

Kojima wouldn't let his beloved ps3 down.

Now if the games turns out to be timely exclusive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6E3ztS6xJk

this guy will make a shitload of videos

Money hats? Really? You can say that with a straight face, and really believe it? That money hats are required to prevent a third party HD game from being exclusive? In 2009? Really? Some of you people astonish me.

Blader

SMZC said:

MGS4 was announced a year after MGS3 came out, was that a low budget game?

your post is all kinds of smh

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Not sure about this tbh. As a 360 gamer, I don't know if I'd buy this withouot playing MGS4 first. I played the others in the PS2 days but didn't love them (not enough to spunk the dough on a PS3 for 4), but I'd be missing a game in the series if I played this, which hurts my OCD comics collector brain. It'd be like Mass Effect 2 on PS3 without ME1. Time will tell, hopefully there's a port of 4 coming as well somewhere along the road.

K' Dash

Vaandaviii said:
And they would be right. It certainly would mean higher sales for X360. Still who cares? The series' fans have already been served.

It soooo sad people wanting a videogame for sales increment and not for playing it :lol

I'm a big fan of the series, don't have a PS3, won't buy one again just to play this game, well, maybe at the end of the current gen when PS3 slim costs $150, I can wait.

SMZC

PnCIa said:
uh. The game had good art, the engine is mediocre at best.

I agree with this.

The game usually looks fantastic, but I'd say it has more to do with Kojima Production's ability to make very good looking 3D models with very few polygons, the ridiculously high production values, etc. The technology itself behind the engine doesn't seem very special.

diss

Banned
may have been the blurry feed or my mind playing tricks on me but i thought that when kojima said solid snake wasn't in this, don mattrick's face went "wat"

gkryhewy

Jedeye Sniv said:
Not sure about this tbh. As a 360 gamer, I don't know if I'd buy this withouot playing MGS4 first. I played the others in the PS2 days but didn't love them (not enough to spunk the dough on a PS3 for 4), but I'd be missing a game in the series if I played this, which hurts my OCD comics collector brain. It'd be like Mass Effect 2 on PS3 without ME1. Time will tell, hopefully there's a port of 4 coming as well somewhere along the road.

I think there's something to be said for this... although if it turns out that this is a prequel of some sort to MGS4, then I still think it's conceivable that a director's cut of MGS4 follows later (to all platforms).

Kagari said:
Why would I be expecting MGS4? I already own it. I'm saying, if they were to port MGS4, you would think they would have announced something by now, as it has been a year since the original release.

Ohhhh I get ya, my bad!

diss said:
may have been the blurry feed or my mind playing tricks on me but i thought that when kojima said solid snake wasn't in this, don mattrick's face went "wat"

As a huge fan of Metal Gil Solid, he must have been devastated.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I'm just really happy I'll be able to play it on my PC at a decent resolution regardless of what they decide to do on consoles. MGS4's graphics were really held down by the sub-HD-ness. Always felt a bit blury.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom