• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Rising...Triology 2: Electric Boogaloo

Status
Not open for further replies.
DXPetti said:
You mean, the last good 3rd Party Games on Playstation are now on Xbox too? :lol Seriously what 3rd Party game on the Xbox has come across to the Playstation besides Dead Rising? Not that I care, if its on PS3 then I'll get it, if not I may repurchase a 360

Strange post...

Do you remember Oblivion, Lost Planet, Ninja Gaiden, Bioshock to name a few?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
_leech_ said:
And to think, not too long ago everyone hated the guy :lol
Wait, wut? I still hate Raiden.

I'll buy his fucking game, but I still hate him :lol

I laughed a little at the snippet "one of MGS's most popular characters" as I was unaware any people did NOT still hate Raiden, matrix-bot or not.

Darkpen

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Wait, wut? I still hate Raiden.

I'll buy his fucking game, but I still hate him :lol

I laughed a little at the snippet "one of MGS's most popular characters" as I was unaware any people did NOT still hate Raiden, matrix-bot or not.
minority =! popular

zoukka

DXPetti said:
You mean, the last good 3rd Party Games on Playstation are now on Xbox too? :lol Seriously what 3rd Party game on the Xbox has come across to the Playstation besides Dead Rising? Not that I care, if its on PS3 then I'll get it, if not I may repurchase a 360

No. I mean that the horrible meme, that some developers have some kind of loyalty towards console manufacturers must die.

And now it's dead. And buried.

And what is the Zero Shift nonsense D:
This is not ZoE D:
And even though MGS4 ending and the database destroyed my faith in MGS mythos in mere days, this shit shouldn't be happening.

I'm guessing Kojima will add Boktai soon to the canon and in the next game you have to use the solargun to defeat Vamp again...

Darkpen

Banned
zoukka said:
No. I mean that the horrible meme, that some developers have some kind of loyalty towards console manufacturers must die.

And what is the Zero Shift nonsense D:
This is not ZoE D:
And even though MGS4 ending and the database destroyed my faith in MGS mythos in mere days, this shit shouldn't be happening.

I'm guessing Kojima will add Boktai soon to the canon and in the next game you have to use the solargun to defeat Vamp again...
:lol :lol

Well, you better add MPO to that list of games that destroyed your faith because Gene was the first to perform the ability behind Zero Shift. Ether's conjecture is that Raiden is also capable of this ability, despite the database saying that the ability would not be replicated for hundreds (of thousands?) of years later.

54-46!

I would've been alot more interested in the game if Raiden
had died in MGS4
, non the less.. if KP can create a kick ass Raiden May Cry that would be pretty sweet.

I will say that I'm far more excited for the latest PSP title with Big Boss, because well.. he's Big Boss :D

Darkpen

Banned
Stabby McSter said:
i must be the only one who loved raiden since mgs2 :(
No, I liked him too. Some people are just delusional and mistake their own opinion with popular opinion, or the sheer possibility that PR would use pretty words and hyperbole.

54-46! said:
I would've been alot more interested in the game if Raiden
had died in MGS4
, non the less.. if KP can create a kick ass Raiden May Cry that would be pretty sweet.

I will say that I'm far more excited for the latest PSP title with Big Boss, because well.. he's Big Boss :D
Personally, I think MGS4 would have been better overall if it was generally depressing and grim, plus the quirky humor and cheese regardless.

zoukka

Darkpen said:
Well, you better add MPO to that list of games that destroyed your faith because Gene was the first to perform the ability behind Zero Shift. Ether's conjecture is that Raiden is also capable of this ability, despite the database saying that the ability would not be replicated for hundreds (of thousands?) of years later.

I didn't know Gene was able to teleport before this thread. I just thought he moved fast. Like Grey Fox in MGS.

God I hate the database D:

Darkpen

Banned
zoukka said:
I didn't know Gene was able to teleport before this thread. I just thought he moved fast. Like Grey Fox in MGS.

God I hate the database D:
I think the idea was that Gene was capable of a more primitive, rough version of Zero-Shift, as it clearly taxed his body as is.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
DXPetti said:

Quite a few actually:

Eternal sonata, dead rising, bioshock, tales of vesperia, ninja gaiden 2, oblivion, lost planet, and maybe even a couple more I forgot. In other words, both sides lost a lot of previously assumed exclusive games. Though 360 obviously didn'tlose the likes of Final Fantasy 13 and MGS Rise.

sykoex said:
Damn I think this really is 360 exclusive. :(

I'm listening to The Kojima Report about this announcement and they never mention PS3 or even hint at multiplatform. Then at one point one if the hosts says "looks like I'm gonna be picking up a 360".

In case it hasn't been linked:
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/radio/the_report/the_report_e3_2009_01.mp3

metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-2-20090601053913672-000.jpg

not even a chance this is 360 exclusive. famitsu magazine + exhibitor information, microsoft not confirming 360 exclusivity.

DXPetti

Banned
zoukka said:

My bad, agreed though. Some people invest TOO much emotion and not enough logic. But hell this is the GAF!

billy.sea

Banned
When games go multiplat, the hype surrounding it usually drop by a lot.
That doesn't mean it will sell worse, in fact it will be the other way around, because it has more place to sell.

Truant

billy.sea said:
When games go multiplat, the hype surrounding it usually drop by a lot.
That doesn't mean it will sell worse, in fact it will be the other way around, because it has more place to sell.

I can see it when people are afraid that going multiplatform will mean less time to focus on one version of the game, making the finished product somehow less polished or optimized than it ideally could be. Any other reason than this is totally laughable.

KTallguy

Banned
kazuma_pt said:
metal-gear-solid-portable-ops-2-20090601053913672-000.jpg

not even a chance this is 360 exclusive. famitsu magazine + exhibitor information, microsoft not confirming 360 exclusivity.

Yea, if it was an exclusive, I think Microsoft would have trumpeted that in their conference to the high heavens.

ElectricBlue187 said:
the xbox dude seemed to be stressing the word franchise but hideo seemed to be like "yeah we're making this game here for xbox."
I found this amusing. I mean, I know Mattrick and Kojima had a terribly written script, so they knew precisely what the other would already say; but the way that Kojima said, "Well, Don, I didn't say anything about Solid Snake," while setting up the trailer, also had the sting of, "Fuck you, MGS4 is still exclusive."

Darkpen said:
No, I liked him too.
Yeah, same here. MGS2 Raiden Defense Force, assemble!

ZeoVGM

Banned
Most of the Raiden hate came from the fact that it was a bait and switch with Snake. Raiden wasn't who we wanted. It was an interesting and ballsy move. But honestly, I liked him.

It's funny how Raiden in MGS2 turned out for me. I found out about him (and lots of other spoilers from a friend) a month before I got my copy of the game (Christmas 2001), and my reaction was mostly what everyone else was going through in E3 2006: Whoa, this dude can do flips and has a ninja sword? Awesome! :lol

StuBurns

Banned
I love Raiden, I fucking hate the voice acting though.
And Rose, holy shit that woman. I seem to remember her being based on Kojima's wife, if so, I can understand why he likes to keep so busy.

stuburns said:
And Rose, holy shit that woman. I seem to remember her being based on Kojima's wife, if so, I can understand why he likes to keep so busy.

Rose was the reason why so many people hate Raiden. People never realise this..

stuburns said:

Quinton Flynn was all right, but I think miscast when considering how Kojima's original intent was to carry on the deception in the beginning of Plant Chapter. I think Crispin Freeman would've been more in the spirit of how they cast Kenyu Horiuchi (who sounded a bit like Akio Otsuka) in the Japanese version.

Darkpen

Banned
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
Quinton Flynn was all right, but I think miscast when considering how Kojima's original intent was to carry on the deception in the beginning of Plant Chapter. I think Crispin Freeman would've been more in the spirit of how they cast Kenyu Horiuchi (who sounded a bit like Akio Otsuka) in the Japanese version.
Didn't Kojima practically say that he considered Raiden's English voice to be more canonical than the Japanese voice? It works better for the President crotch grab scene :lol

edit: augh, I meant to edit :<

Lord Phol

KTallguy said:
Yea, if it was an exclusive, I think Microsoft would have trumpeted that in their conference to the high heavens.

Aye pretty much, it's just sneaky/smart marketing from MS once again, like the whole "GTA4 exclusive thing".
Guess this marks the end for exclusives, at least on the PS3-side. Will we really need 3 consoles next generation when every other game is multiplatform anyways?
Sony really needs to put up a spectacular showing on the conference floor if they wanna continue competeing in the race IMO.

StuBurns

Banned
Lord Phol said:
Aye pretty much, it's just sneaky/smart marketing from MS once again, like the whole "GTA4 exclusive thing".
Guess this marks the end for exclusives, at least on the PS3-side. Will we really need 3 consoles next generation when every other game is multiplatform anyways?
Sony really needs to put up a spectacular showing on the conference floor if they wanna continue competeing in the race IMO.
I'm really hoping I can only buy one console next generation, in fact, I'm tempted to get rid of my 360 after the conference. There's nothing exclusive on there I want, might be time to sell it.

I am definitely getting this on day one. I haven't decided on which version though. Probably the PS3 version if they are about the same.

Finally, a whole game where you play a Ninja. It's been so many years since the mere three Ninja missions in VR Training missions, which I imagine this game will be like.

KTallguy

Banned
Lord Phol said:

"Sneak in" was clever. :lol

I imagine that anyone who REALLY cared about the MGS franchise already bought a PS3, although I could be wrong.

Nafai1123

Banned
Lord Phol said:

You need to clarify your statement. 3rd party exclusives are all but gone, which puts a greater emphasis on 1st party exclusives, and I'm pretty sure Sony has no shortage of those...

Talon

Nafai1123 said:
You need to clarify your statement. 3rd party exclusives are all but gone, which puts a greater emphasis on 1st party exclusives, and I'm pretty sure Sony has no shortage of those...
I think that went without saying at all. No need to be so sensitive, lad.
Chinner said:
the site wont let me copy and paste, but check out comment 32. that dude is ANGRY
Oh my God.

Kojima has just shot himself in the foot:lol :lol :lol

eXistor

It would be cool if Raiden's games would be Microsoft exclusive and Snake's games Sony. Going on the title it's gonna be an action game first, so the games will be completely different genres anyway (I really don't consider MGS action games, not in the first place anyway).

Darkpen said:
oh my god :lol :lol :lol

the comments section :lol :lol :lol

See, this isn't as bad as losing DMC4, Tekken 6, FF13, etc imo because the game was/should be announced for both consoles around the same time. If this was supposedly exclusive to the PS3 for about a year and then announced for X360, then I think it would be a little different.

Dabanton

32 / Disappointed Fan / June 2, 2009 5:15 AM

Thank you guys for selling out to Microsoft! Thanks so much for now making the once great hardware pushing game, into a title limited by inferior hardware. Blu-Ray wasn't big enough? So you guys go to DVD9. Kojima's presentation on Raising the bar on stealth gaming? The bar was dropped. Thanks so much for going for money, and forgetting about innovation and super high quality. MGS4 was a masterpiece in terms of technical achievement, storytelling, and the swan song for Solid Snake. And now, MGS on the 360, is a complete 180 on that concept. Thanks so much Kojima Productions! Thanks so much. Way to go guys. Keep pushing yourselves. Next time, let's just make MGS5 a 360 exclusive! Because you need "DVD" type hardware and not "Theatre type" hardware.

Wow,you can feel the rage bubbling under every word.:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom