• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Forward Operating Base (FOB)

Gui_PT

Just hopped in my game to see if someone had attacked my base, got an alert that a player's base I supported was being attacked. Went in there to help and managed to stop the intruder. That was FUN

I just think it's a bit unfair you get to respawn right front of the objective door. Really unfair for the intruder.

Just hopped in my game to see if someone had attacked my base, got an alert that a player's base I supported was being attacked. Went in there to help and managed to stop the intruder. That was FUN

I just think it's a bit unfair you get to respawn right front of the objective door. Really unfair for the intruder.
Yeah I filled my support list asap, defending bases with an automatic shotgun was the most fun I've had with FOBs. Defenders definitely have a huge advantage though.

Look who lost...

CRW9uxnWcAAQRBw.jpg:large

Hahah oh Greg!!!!

i have a lot of trouble jumping across railings... anyone else find the window awfully short. i'even went into practice FOBs just to practice it but the way it triggers is so odd.

this is what i mean... doing a jump across railings like this... much of the time I try do this, because the window for it disappears so quickly and is replacing with climbing, i just hop over the railing and hang lol :(

best thing i found was to just walk very slow toward it but even then if you try to reactively press it, the window is too small... usually better to just tap Action before you actually approach the railing so it's already being spammed soon as the jump window does appear. i dunno feels a bit odd.

well you get a higher score... more heroism, too. plus you can fulton/recruit them for a higher score/heroism too.

but i mean, if you're 3/4 battle dress and into FOBs, you may no longer care about scores and especially heroism. i mean, non-lethal will improve your worldwide pvp rank more but it's an efficiency trade off, too... you may get less score per FOB but going lethal can maybe farm FOBs even faster. so over 5 hours you probably level up the ladder more. most of the high rank players i've seen go lethal with that lethal AM sniper.

Hold the action button. Don't tap it for any climbing or mounting. It's much easier that way.

Gui_PT

Yeah I filled my support list asap, defending bases with an automatic shotgun was the most fun I've had with FOBs. Defenders definitely have a huge advantage though.

Definitely.
Can you add people to your support list by gamertag or just the random players that are listed?

I've only just started really getting into FOB's and it's a damn shame that there's no way to support or invade your friends. I mean seriously, what a weird oversight.

On PC, just got an alert to defend someone's FOB jumped in with an S++ combat character with the armor and all that, kept knocking the guy out, shot him a shit ton, grenade launches on him but he'd recover or not stay down before I could either kill or fulton him. That was frustrating...

I have a maxed out FOB, level 45 on each platform and I just built another nuke and I get invaded about 6 or 7 times within 2 hours and I defended the first time, but then I was busy playing SP and hair let my base so all the work and the invaders failed every time within 1 minute!

Gui_PT

Should've posted this here..

Xbox 360 players, reply to this post with your gamertag or PM it to me so I can support your FOB

I'll just keep refreshing the player list until I find you

Kazuhira

I have a maxed out FOB, level 45 on each platform and I just built another nuke and I get invaded about 6 or 7 times within 2 hours and I defended the first time, but then I was busy playing SP and hair let my base so all the work and the invaders failed every time within 1 minute!
Lvl 30+ FOBs are impossible for me,i get spotted like in the first 20secs.
Maybe i should turn 'reflex' on until i have enough practice.
Btw i'm invading nuclear-equipped targets but i can't find the nuke,is it located in a specific platform or something?

Btw i'm invading nuclear-equipped targets but i can't find the nuke,is it located in a specific platform or something?

Reflex is an absolutely MUST for FOB. I don't see how anyone could do it without it!

And I have no idea about the nuke. I successfully infiltrated 2 nuclear equipped FOBs and I saw nothing.

It's meant to be on the main command platform. I will visit my own tomorrow once its built. My 3rd nuke but first was stolen and second was decommissioned.
With everyone actively gunning for nukes now I'm hoping it's still there when I log in.

It's meant to be on the main command platform. I will visit my own tomorrow once its built. My 3rd nuke but first was stolen and second was decommissioned.
With everyone actively gunning for nukes now I'm hoping it's still there when I log in.

Back up your save before logging in, if it tells you it was taken, load the back-up. Nuke is back!

Works for soldiers too.

Top Bottom