• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes on PS4 triples Xbox One version sales

I'm betting for some people like me, the next Sony platform isn't worth it til Metal Gear is on it. I couldn't secure a gunmetal PS3, but I'll be damned if I don't get the TPP PS4, whatever it is.

Well I'm getting vibes that MGS5 is going to banish the disappointment I felt for MGS4, even though I felt it was a good game.

Phantom Pain is looking so good.

I never got the whole thing where people only identify a series with one console or the other. I've played Metal Gear on NES, PSX, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, GameCube... Hell, I have the Bleemcast disc somewhere around here for it as well.

It's pretty easy to understand. Despite Metal Gear, as a series, starting in the 8 bit era, it wasn't until MGS hit the Playstation 1 that the series became a huge phenomenon.
MGS1? Playstation 1 debut
MGS2? Playstation 2 debut
MGS3? Playstation 2 debut
MGS4? Playstation 3 debut (and exclusive)
MGS5? Multiplatform debut
And the PSP even got 4 MG(S) games, 3 exclusive to the platform, with Peace Walker debuting on that Platform. Hell, you can pretty much play all the games on PS hardware. That's why it's identified as a PS franchise, just like FF or KH, and others.

Does surprise me, especially with the drastic tech difference between the two. I wanted to try it on my X1, but it wasn't worth paying the same price for a weaker version of the game...

prwxv3

I have a felling that KH and FF are going to be a fucking bloodbath, especially KH. I expect marketing deals for both with Sony as well.

Phantom Pain should get a marketing deal too.

Myansie

I'm really surprised by the ps3 version out selling the ps4 version and rather convincingly too. I've been clinging to the hope the title would go next gen only. Not going to happen if that's true

th4tguy

Here's their financial thing
http://www.konami.co.jp/en/ir/ir-data/meeting/2014/0805_486481.pdf

570k games in the METAL GEAR genre sold this quarter.

Um so where else can I play Portable Ops, Ghost Babel and Ac!d 1 & 2?

I honestly forgot about those. Although, my point was that they have never been exclusive just to PS systems. Babel was a Nintendo GBC game. PO, Ac!d 1&2, and MGS4 were the only ones exclusive to PS systems. I really don't count those though, as I don't think even Kojima considers them cannon.

Top Bottom