• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience Announced (GZ + NAIN STORY + DLC) 10/11

Fractal

Banned
Well, nothing for me here, don't think I'll be revisiting MGS V anytime soon. Still, had some great time with it last year (despite the well documented issues), so if anyone's on the fence, check it out.

At this point, the only thing I'd like to see from Konami is a MGS 1-4 collection on current gen and PC. Don't care about remakes or anything if Kojima isn't involved, a simple port/remaster would do. Else, the PS3 will remain the only platform where you can play the entire series, and the PS3 is yesterday's news.

Dy_Cy

SUPER DUPER END GAME SPOILERS:
Why is Punished Snake wearing the MSF outfit rather than the Diamond Dogs one?

He's not wearing the MSF outfit, he's wearing a MSF patch on his right shoulder to represent his last unit, just like Snake had the FOX patch on his shoulder during Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes. The "current unit" - MSF, then Diamond Dogs - patch is on the left shoulder.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pa1DrVE9
I can't believe they ruined this beautiful poster art with all of that awful clutter.

Wait, yes I can.

GeNoMe

I don't want to keep supporting Konami after everything that has happened. So i'm guessing I'll buy this used sometime in the distant future.

BTA

I'd feel bad about not having played the free copy I got from Amazon yet when this is a thing, except... Ground Zeroes was on PSN+ and the DLC seems worthless, so... nice for people who don't have it yet, I guess?

Arttemis

Does anyone know if this version combines Ground Zeroes into the MGSV campaign? Or is it simply a title screen that lets you choose one or the other?

I wouldn't mind the latter at all, so long as they implemented an option to bridge the two into one campaign, melding the ending cinematic of one with the intro of the other.

Hmm.. Ground Zeroes was the highlight of the whole game, with nothing in MGSV designed as intricately, there are no Fulton balloons to utterly trivialize rescue missions, and nothing was bogged down with tedious grinds for base upgrades.

I honestly think i just talked myself out of this. Even if they did what I asked, which I'm sure they didn't,

- J - D -

Seems like a nice collection but I still oddly have no interest in playing MGSV, despite loving the MGS series since it's conception in the 90s.

It's too much of a departure and the lightweight nature of the story apparently sucks. Plus all the shit with Konami makes me feel grimy about the thought of supporting them in any way.

Ludens

Banned
So, GZ+TPP should be around 35 GB. If it's all on disc...why they didn't insert the episode 51 cutscene? I mean, even if it's like 5 GB in high quality, they still have space on the bluray.

Does anyone know if this version combines Ground Zeroes into the MGSV campaign? Or is it simply a title screen that lets you choose one or the other?

I wouldn't mind the latter at all, so long as they implemented an option to bridge the two into one campaign, melding the ending cinematic of one with the intro of the other.

Hmm.. Ground Zeroes was the highlight of the whole game, with nothing in MGSV designed as intricately, there are no Fulton balloons to utterly trivialize rescue missions, and nothing was bogged down with tedious grinds for base upgrades.

I honestly think i just talked myself out of this. Even if they did what I asked, which I'm sure they didn't,

We don't even know if all contents will be on disc. Knowing Konami, only TPP is on disc and the other stuff comes with a voucher, including GZ. I mean, for Castlevania LOS Collection is exactly what they did. I saw people asked this on Twitter (on MGSV account and to Rober Peeler, PR of Konami) but nobody replied. Dunno why this is a secret, lol, maybe they wants to avoid saying stuff will come with a voucher so people will double dip hoping to get all contents on disc, this is the only possible explanation I found.

Liamc723

Doing that would require work from Konami, so this version won't do that.

Not Drake

No, for 40€. And remember, before the backlash from fans it was 50€, and they cut the price bringing it down to 40€.

That's just not true. The initial price was supposed to be 40 for physical copy, but Ground Zeroes launched at retail in Europe for 30 euros.

Ludens

Banned
That's just not true. The initial price was supposed to be 40 for physical copy, but Ground Zeroes launched at retail in Europe for 30 euros.

No, not in Italy at least. All retailers listed the initial price of 50€ here (Gamestop, Amazon, Multiplayer.com etc), while when Konami cut the price GZ was sold for 40€ (41€ from Gamestop), only the PS3 version was 30€, but the next gen was 40.

Is this reported? I missed it and I keep asking for it (is GZ on the same bluray of MGSV too).

We probably won't find any of that out until around the time the game is here. My guess is that there will be two discs (without patches) and a handful of redemption codes.

Revan

I just want to know if they incorporated the TPP gameplay mechanics into GZ - couldn't care about the rest of it.

themoose5

Neo Member
Having missed MGSV on PC the first time around this is actually a pretty cool bundle for the price. Glad I didn't end up picking up MGSV in the summer sale.

Would love to see Konami port/remaster 1-4 to the PC, MGS is a franchise that I missed playing growing up and would love to go back to play the originals without having to track down old hardware.

Bluenoser

So the game is a year old, Ground Zeroes was a free download, and the DLC adds nothing substantial to the game.

Why would anyone want this again? There's certainly no reason to double dip, and for newcomers, the price is way too high.

bunkitz

Kinda want this just to have Pablo Uchida's artwork on the box, but then they have the dumb rating on it. And that would mean giving Konami more money. Good thing I don't care about the DLC, I guess.

jett

D-Member
Ground Zeroes and TPP had DLC? The cover's cool I guess.

Just thinking about this game fills me with disappointment. I wonder how many more years Kojima would have needed to finish this fucking thing.

Ludens

Banned
So the game is a year old, Ground Zeroes was a free download, and the DLC adds nothing substantial to the game.

Why would anyone want this again? There's certainly no reason to double dip, and for newcomers, the price is way too high.

The price is 40€ and I think it's very good if you miss all the contents.
If you have a Plus subscription and GZ already, it's bettet buying MGSV alone, considering you can find a new copy for 15€.
DLCs are garbage and you won't probably never use them, MGO is dead on PC, dunno on console.
The DLC for GZ was JamaisVu/DejaVu mission depending on what version you had, it was a free patch anyway, not even a proper DLC.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'm genuinely perplexed at anyone intending to pick this up. There is nothing new here, no improvements, nothing. You may as well print out a custom box and put the discs in there.

Konami is just preying on collectors here that cannot fight their addiction and treating it as a "free money" boost.

jennetics

I'm genuinely perplexed at anyone intending to pick this up. There is nothing new here, no improvements, nothing. You may as well print out a custom box and put the discs in there.

Konami is just preying on collectors here that cannot fight their addiction and treating it as a "free money" boost.

I'm picking it up because I haven't played either of them :p

No Chapter 3? god damn this is the game that never ends

lol this game has 5 endings

Ground Zeroes ending
TPP Skull Face ending
TPP Truth ending
TPP A Quiet Exit ending
TPP FOB nuclear ending

how many endings do you need?

face it, Metal Gear is over as a Kojima-led series. gamers are in grief over this loss and many of them still live in that first stage of grief, denial.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'm picking it up because I haven't played either of them :p

You can pick up both of them right now for cheaper and still have more money left over to get another game. Unless you REALLY like that boxart to the tune of £20 extra, you're being illogical.

Top Bottom