• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain E3 Full Gameplay Demo [Up: NEW official version!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

georly

Only minor complaint is the pop-in, that everyone else is mentioning, but I assume this will only be a noticeable issue for me when riding a vehicle. I'm ok if they reduce the amount of foliage to fix this, but it's not a dealbreaker.

Other than that... AMAZING. Can't wait. This is the kind of thing we dreamed of as children. I still need to play Peace walker and ground zeroes, but the whole mother base thing sounds fantastic. It adds an rpg element to the game in a way that makes sense! Love it.

there

Banned
There are very uncomfortable pop-in issues while the horse is sprinting. Small objects like rocks, stones and grass appear from nowhere just in front of you. Red Dead Redemption didn't have these overexposed pop-in issues, even a much more populated game like GTA V do not have them. It looks like that Rockstar's RAGE engine streaming capabilities are unmatched in the open worlds.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
OMG DOWNGRADE-ATHON

And now you understand why Kojima didn't want to show the footage.

Yep ladies and gentlemen and this is why we can't have nice things.

2014-06-1923_26_56-medsqus.png

I just hope there aren't too many idiots like those two tweeting stupid shit like that to Kojima or this was the last time we saw early footage :/

Which is why I said I hope they can iron it out before release.

and that is why i didn't quote you ;)

viveks86

There are very uncomfortable pop-in issues while the horse is sprinting. Small objects like rocks, stones and grass appear from nowhere just in front of you. Red Dead Redemption didn't have these overexposed pop-in issues, even a much more populated game like GTA V do not have them. It looks like that Rockstar's RAGE engine streaming capabilities are unmatched in the open worlds.

Comparing an early work in progress game that wasn't even supposed to be shown to the public to the retail version of a different game? Uncomfortable indeed. The pop in issues are there, but lets not start making premature comparisons on which engine is better

Cifer

Banned
Honestly guys, if this games is not going to be game of the decade... I have no idea which game would.

That 30 minutes gameplay only, gives the game already game of the year status. I'm not even joking.

TomRL

Banned
Yep ladies and gentlemen and this is why we can't have nice things.

2014-06-1923_26_56-medsqus.png

I just hope there aren't too many idiots like those two tweeting stupid shit like that to Kojima or this was the last time we saw early footage :/

Lol that isn't stupid, that's probably the best thing I've seen out of this whole nerf claim. The level has changed too much, the lighting has changed too much and the resolution isn't high enough for use to make any claims at this point. They seem to be right in what they are saying but tbh the new colour looks more like Afghanistan and less like Africa.

Salaadin

After watching the whole thing, I can see the fulton complaints. That 300 to use them is nothing when you get 35000 for a couple diamonds. Hopefully Kojima hears the complaints. I'd love more restrictions like peace walker

Sn4ke_911

2014-06-1923_35_05-twolc48.png

Lol that isn't stupid, that's probably the best thing I've seen out of this whole nerf claim. The level has changed too much, the lighting has changed too much and the resolution isn't high enough for use to make any claims at this point. They seem to be right in what they are saying but tbh the new colour looks more like Afghanistan and less like Africa.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=117312263&postcount=1461

Edzi

* And here's the Big Bomb of the interview, perhaps a mistranslation (I kinda hope). When the interviewer asks how Kojima intends to make the game accessible to newcomers of the series, he responds that, since Big Boss wakes up from a 9 Year coma, he "will have no memories" and will need to understand what has happened to him.

I sincerely hope he's not going to play the "amnesia" card on that one, as having Big Boss voiced by someone else and with no recollection of who he was would be terrible imho. Hopefully it's a mistranslation and Kojima meant something more akin to "He will need to catch up on what happened during the coma, but considering the shrapnel in his head, partial amnesia is a possibility.

Source :
http://www.gameblog.fr/news/43798-metal-gear-solid-v-phantom-pain-hideo-kojima-notre-interview

Ha, I wonder how much Kojima can retcon now with this in play.

Shaking my head guys, it's simply a time of day change.

There might be some geometry changes as well, but holy shit it looks the same if not better.

Sn4ke_911

I know
Also the snapshot up there of the 2014 version looks nothing like what I'm watching. It must have been taken during a sandstorm or something because it looks nowhere near as orange here.

Maybe it's because you are watching a RECORDING from a stream and not actual direct feed footage?

viveks86

After watching the whole thing, I can see the fulton complaints. That 300 to use them is nothing when you get 35000 for a couple diamonds. Hopefully Kojima hears the complaints. I'd love more restrictions like peace walker

Could be the difficulty settings for the demo.

this thread was oozing positivity this morning. what happened?

Same thing that happens to most threads that have crossed a certain page limit.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
this thread was oozing positivity this morning. what happened?

Neogaf is not one person, different people have different impressions of what they saw.

I dunno, the thread isn't particularly negative. For example there is a horse poop discussion on this page.

Sn4ke_911

GMP seems to be an entirely different system from Peace Walker. IIRC all GMP was there was a cumulative value of all your soldier's gmp stats, it wasn't a resource that could be spent or found. It just limited what you could allocate on R&D at any one time.
It's possible that once you start wasting all your money on base upgrades and new cardboard boxes the Fultons and other support items are going to feel a lot less 'free'.

ryuken-d

I'm impressed, can't wait to get my hands on this. love the mother base features and pretty much everything else. the new box moves are awesome, I never used it in MGS4 but now me thinks I will.

I haven't paid attention... where is Ocelot's accent? It's so jarring.

Edit: Is everyone Jack Bauer? Because most of the male characters sound alike from what I remember.

MrMatt555

* And here's the Big Bomb of the interview, perhaps a mistranslation (I kinda hope). When the interviewer asks how Kojima intends to make the game accessible to newcomers of the series, he responds that, since Big Boss wakes up from a 9 Year coma, he "will have no memories" and will need to understand what has happened to him.

Oh god, please no.

Mikey Jr.

One thing I don't like is the fulton system.

Seems like it is way to easy to just shoot an enemy, and not worry about hiding his body. Just fulton him.

dmr87

One thing I don't like is the fulton system.

Seems like it is way to easy to just shoot an enemy, and not worry about hiding his body. Just fulton him.

I'm having the same concern, other than that I'm so ready to play.

I know this may be off topic but in GAFs opinion is Ground Zeroes worth getting on the PS4 for $30?

If you want to learn the gameplay and see a gorgeous game at 1080p/60 then it's very much worth it. The only problem is that you'll want to play Phantom Pain even more.

Sn4ke_911

another huge plus for this game (I know it's in GZ too) is the almost zero HUD. It's so clean. Only if you aim or mark stuff otherwise there is no other useless shit on the screen. Freakin brilliant.

Edit: No wait, in GZ is the weapon icon in the bottom right corner always there, in TPP not! FUCK YES!

Dunk#7

I just thought of a good solution to what some are claiming is a problem with the Fulton system (although I would like it fine as is).

What if you put a percentage or meter next to a downed enemy that represented their potential personality clash with other members of Diamond Dogs?

This would encourage you to not take everybody as some could harm your morale and efficiency on board Mother Base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom