• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Slug Tactics - Reveal trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Wishlist Metal Slug Tactics on Steam:

Metal Slug Tactics reunites Marco, Eri, Fio, and Tarma as they lead the Peregrine Falcon Squad into a new battlefield through dynamic, strategic combat. Players wield classic METAL SLUG weaponry, leveraging skill trees, perks, and a super attack-fueling adrenaline system to outwit and demolish flanks of the series’ signature villains.

Paired with gorgeous pixel art and fluid animation which faithfully channels the series’ timeless aesthetic, Metal Slug Tactics is a natural extension of METAL SLUG’s beloved visuals. Each mission’s heated battle is energized through original music by Tee Lopes (Sonic Mania, League of Legends, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge, and Streets of Rage 4’s Mr. X Nightmare DLC among other titles). Metal Slug Tactics is both a respectful homage to an all-time classic and an imaginative new way to celebrate the renowned series.

lachesis

This actually makes me miss Advance Wars I & 2 on GBA. (It's one of my achievement that I S ranked every single campaigns and challenges, etc)
Wasn't too into the style of AW3, for some reason - lost that light-hearted charm.

Devinitely would be looking out for this - for some reason, I'm a sucker for isometric views. :D

MAtgS

uI8yUm6.jpg

I'm not completely opposed to the idea of a tactics-style Metal Slug, but the description invokes something of which I'm not a fan, "roguelike elements."

The Steam page also contains the following: "Ending the war won't be easy. Many challenges await, prepare to die again and again but never give up! Play and replay your favorite missions as much as you want! Use the skills you acquired through each battle you have won so far to take down your enemies!"

I'm all for grinding in RPGs, but what I'm reading and seeing makes me think this is not a game for me.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
This actually makes me miss Advance Wars I & 2 on GBA. (It's one of my achievement that I S ranked every single campaigns and challenges, etc)
Wasn't too into the style of AW3, for some reason - lost that light-hearted charm.

Devinitely would be looking out for this - for some reason, I'm a sucker for isometric views. :D

AW is the first thing that came onto my mind as well. Can't wait for the game, good old Metal Slug but in totally different form, it'll be interesting and fun for sure.

Last edited:

SALMORE

interesting idea 😉 i like it a lot .... SNK are already working on a traditional sequel in house & there's that mobile game by Tencent

Ozzie666

Somewhere there is a loud whimper from the small horde of NEO GEO AES and MVS owners/collectors. Not like this. Never like this. Don't think this is the Metal Slug people were after. Kraut Buster will have to do.

I know that many people hate when an action series is turned into a turn-based strategy, but I like it. Definitely gonna check it out.
Honestly. Exactly how I feel. Not a big fan in general of things like this happening, but I won't lie as I think it does look interesting. I've always loved Metal Slug's art.

mcjmetroid

So how is SNK staying a float exactly?
Go figure you wouldn't like a game that has potential or has any chance of being good.

This is a 2D game by the way.

Anyway...

I love me some turn based strategy games and it kinda looks like FF: Tactics so that's a win in my book.

Last edited:
Top Bottom