• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sudden Impact Metal Slug 3 XBLA Thread

I would definitely need a new controller if I got this. I don't mind playing Metal Slug on a dpad, but it has to be a good dpad, ffs.

And $10 is too much? I spent nearly that much on my first arcade run through of this alone.

Parallax Scroll said:
I would definitely need a new controller if I got this. I don't mind playing Metal Slug on a dpad, but it has to be a good dpad, ffs.

And $10 is too much? I spent nearly that much on my first arcade run through of this alone.

I see $10 as the perfect price. $15 would have been too much.

okay I'll bite, how the fuck are you guys getting MS points so easy? Like do you routinely go out and buy them or do you really do those web surfing rewards sites?

Rlan

In the original Metal Slug 3 on Xbox [or just plain any other slug games in recent years including anthology], have they allowed players to choose their levels after completing them for replay purposes, or have we had to deal with starting from the very beginning each time?

Sectus

Rlan said:
In the original Metal Slug 3 on Xbox [or just plain any other slug games in recent years including anthology], have they allowed players to choose their levels after completing them for replay purposes, or have we had to deal with starting from the very beginning each time?
I can't recall any Metal Slug console port where you couldn't select any mission. And since Metal Slug 3 has specific achievements for completing each mission without dying I'm fairly sure you can select any mission you want.

I doubt it has any other extra features some of the console ports has though (combat school and new mini-missions)

ascii42

Hmm, I have this for Neo-Geo MVS, as well as XBOX, and I plan on getting Anthology. doubt I'll get it, but it is tempting.

How do you complete a level without a miss? Beating the second boss as a zombie would be fun, I'll have to try that out.

Brannon

VictimOfGrief said:
okay I'll bite, how the fuck are you guys getting MS points so easy? Like do you routinely go out and buy them or do you really do those web surfing rewards sites?

Like a ninja, you wait. I got a legion of points during a Best Buy deal.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
From Major Nelson:

Arcade: METAL SLUG 3
Content: METAL SLUG 3
Price: 800 Microsoft Points
Availability: All Xbox LIVE regions
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) Animated Blood, Violence] Single Player, Xbox LIVE Multiplayer 2-6, Local Multiplayer 2-4, HD (High Definition). This is the 4th title of [METAL SLUG] series. It is the Action Shooting game which is popular among game fans all over the world. This game requires the Xbox 360 hard drive for storage. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Timan

Developer
Since I suck at most of these type of games, am I able to continue as much as I want if it die 5000 times?

S1kkZ

very heavy slowdowns during explosions and no blood.

never played the game before, are the slowdowns "normal"?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
S1kkZ said:
very heavy slowdowns during explosions and no blood.

never played the game before, are the slowdowns "normal"?
You shut your whore mouth. Wait...is this true?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Way to go SNK Playmore, you seemed to have screwed up a sure thing, seems like there is no reason to play other then achievement whoring.

S1kkZ

the only section without frame drops is the underwater area, but the beginning at the beach and the first boss: ...

i hope they patch it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
pswii60 said:
How the hell do they fuck this up?!

By not giving a shit, and to top off the insult SNK has the never to charge twice as much as Fatal Fury Special, which from the sound of things was ported better.

Sean

Banned
Not sure if I'm getting this mainly because I suck at it... Used up all my credits on the end boss of mission 1, I'd probably never be able to beat this game (yeah I suck) :lol

There's quite a bit of slowdown too, not sure how it compares to the original. I took a look at the credits section (under help & options) and there's only three people listed as XBLA team so that might explain things. Seems like a low-budget port.

S1kkZ

easy guys, please play the trial version yourself.

the good news: there is a new easy mode and infinite continues, so everybody should be able to finish it.

Gowans

noticed the odd slowdown and you cant turn the graphics filter off.

Just had an online game, it played well tho sometimes felt alittle stiff, the guy I was playing with was going to all the bonus areas too, luckly it was free play mode.

gona play it later when Im not ill with cold, 1player with 5 creds, exprct it to be a real challenge. Love the little touches in the game.

duckroll

LOL. So for 10 bucks you get just Metal Slug 3, it's CENSORED, there's random slowdown and you can't turn the graphic filters off? Wow what great value! Not!

Tain

okay, jesus christ.

All I wanted was a decent MS3 with decent leaderboards. Apparently that can't exist in any form.

Can
stupid rich
cart owners compare the slowdown with the original? There was definitely some slowdown in the original, and if it's just emulating that, I can at least kind of excuse it. If there's more, though, then that's disgusting.

Cdammen

duckroll said:
LOL. So for 10 bucks you get just Metal Slug 3, it's CENSORED, there's random slowdown and you can't turn the graphic filters off? Wow what great value! Not!
This irked me the most *pops a vein*

Rlan

Played the demo. Did the 'regular' way via boat and not underwater:

- The only slowdown I saw was that of the arcade, ie; at the very beginning when you first blow a boat up, and boats in general, plus the giant crab boss.

- I'm a huge fan of pixel art and don't like the idea of them making it a mandatory filter, but the filter isn't too bad.

xbhaskarx

duckroll said:

What the hell? Going on Live to check for myself...

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Just compared the first level of the XBLA release with the arcade and the XBOX 1 port:

The slowdown is in the arcade release as well. I took the boat route and all three versions displays the slowdown in the same parts.

Issues Playmore need to fix:

- Option to turn off the HQ4(or 3)X Filter.
- Option to enable blood.

xbhaskarx

I didn't think it was so bad. I bought it under the (quite possibly false) assumption that the problems will eventually be fixed...

Rlan

There is NO way in hell that the "Complete Final Mission" achievement is even remotely possible.

Also, you can't choose your level, you have to go from the start. Essentially, this appears to be a lazy port. The actual writeup on Xbox Live also indicates 2-6 player Local and 4 online.. so who the hell knows what's going on here.

jarrod

Banned
Man, who did this port? I'll probably hold on to my Anthology I guess, at least until D4 puts out 1/X/3 on the VC...

S1kkZ

i bought it. why?

-the slowdowns arent that bad
-a friend of mine (he owns the original metal slug 3 cartridge) said the slowdowns were also in the neo geo version
-the game is awesome
-the easy mode makes it playable for noobs like myself

play the trial version and decide for yourself.

Top Bottom