• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Slug Tactics - Reveal trailer

Go figure you wouldn't like a game that could be good.

Someone's upset.

Fans want a real game, and SNK games sell bad enough as it is on gaming platforms so this is a blow to them. SNK is likely surviving off mobile.but could be bigger if they made moves that made sense.

mrabott

uI8yUm6.jpg
Ah Japan! never change!

mcjmetroid

Someone's upset.

Fans want a real game, and SNK games sell bad enough as it is on gaming platforms so this is a blow to them. SNK is likely surviving off mobile.but could be bigger if they made moves that made sense.
Or they could try something new and try to capitalise on a new genre.

This game could turn out to be bad.. but who knows really.

A traditional side scrolling arcade shoot em up will only get them so far.

Turn based strategy has a bit more meat and could capture another bigger audience.

I for one am now interested. I liked metal slug back in the day but think that genre is done, time to move on.

Or they could try something new and try to capitalise on a new genre.

This game could turn out to be bad.. but who knows really.

A traditional side scrolling arcade shoot em up will only get them so far.

Turn based strategy has a bit more meat and could capture another bigger audience.

I for one am now interested. I liked metal slug back in the day but think that genre is done, time to move on.
They never really tried with the series after Neogeo. They just recycled mostly the same stuff with similar assets and game length.

Before you say the genre is done maybe SNK should try adding a bit more production improving and expanding the formula. Other than that Japan only rushed 3D game.

ss_d38e30d662fd4057b3a626d1d90a84f5865e2025.1920x1080.jpg

This is the latest release, you can't possibly believe they attempted to improve the formula. Just like it's hard to believe that people will play a Metal Slug tactics game, especially the fans. Likely hood of this capturing a broader audience isn't high.

You can add some pixels to the screenshot above and it will look like the first game right out of 1996. How about they try making a real Metal Slug 2 first before we give up on it?

Even Contra figured that out and it almost worked until Konami started outsourcing to bad studios. But the recent 2D games are well liked and still try to shake things up. SNK has made almost the exact same game since 1996 with very little change outside new stage designs, some additional weapons, and cleaner image.

looks pretty cool. even thou I don't usually play STR games, I might give this a try. wonder if they'll include some of the other SNK characters like Leona and her team like in some of the other games in the series.

also, I need to hear "HEAVE MACHINE GUN" before I'm completely sold on it.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member

Quasicat

I’m normally not into these kids of games, but when I see the Dotemu logo, I know I have to at least give it a try.

Tschumi

This is great, a wonderful arcade game i cbf playing unless it's on a broken box, and one of my favourite genres to mix it up!

Futaleufu

Someone's upset.

Are you one of those people that says Samurai Shodown has been dead since release, despite getting 3 seasons of DLC?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Developed by Leikir Studio, Metal Slug Tactics, a grid-based tactical adaptation of the iconic run-and-gun METAL SLUG series, is bringing the fight to Nintendo Switch during Nintendo’s Indie World Showcase presentation. News of Metal Slug Tactics’ Switch deployment follows the game’s previously confirmed arrival on PC via Steam, with both tours beginning in 2022.

Paired with gorgeous pixel art and fluid animation which faithfully channels the series’ timeless aesthetic, this new footage of frontline powerhouses Marco, Eri, Fio, and Tarma rolling out to battle from a headquarters packed with nods to the long-running series’ history. The team returns with their signature arsenal - including the reliable heavy machine gun and devastating SVX-15D Slugnoid mech - as they face down fresh tactical fights.

Rayderism

But....but....I already had "tactics" in the Metal Slug series.....BLAST EVERYTHING! And I enjoyed doing that very much.

Not too sure about this slow-moving turn-based strategy stuff, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Top Bottom