• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio “ATLUS Exclusive” livestream next Monday (Apr 22)

Teenage junior high schoolers it is, then!

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Probably not intentional but it almost feels like they are throwing shade at some of the older encounter/dungeon with their references to better pacing and less tedium.
As they should.

Watched the stream and really enjoyed it. In terms of core systems is really does feel like a reskinned P3R, but with the expanded real time combat that functions like I expected, and a movable dorm on legs, social links and personas.

The art is so good though. I love the flat look with over emphasis on the black outlines. Almost gives it the look of architectural drawings.

Came away with a really positive impression. Definitely considering a day 1 purchase. I'll have to see what else is hitting in October. I'm mostly just expecting a small iteration on what they've done before, carried by some great art design.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Hashino never disappointed me….I absolutely can’t wait for this game, it seems the looooong wait was worth it.

Atlus is on fire this year.

StereoVsn

This seems more turn based than action. action is just a precursor to the turn based battle.

Edit: well....no, there are parts that are just action combat. I'm confused

Not gonna lie, i like what i see but i don't have many experience in JRpgs.
Could it be that you enter turn based mode with harder enemies and action combat for weaker enemies?
Yeah, it’s not clear what makes action combat va turned based occur. Maybe it’s an option you can set? Or it’s there as an option for regular mobs?

lachesis

looks really neat - that definitely will play when it gets released. Seems like another big time sucker though.. T.T Hopefully it will be more of manageable size with quick pace.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Yeah, it’s not clear what makes action combat va turned based occur. Maybe it’s an option you can set? Or it’s there as an option for regular mobs?
From I can see low level enemies you beat them without going turn based while stronger enemies the "squad" button appear to go turn based if you choose.

Last edited:
So it's basically Persona in its systems, with a different setting. Looks like some enemies will actually share similar animations of demons from SMT/Persona. MC looks like a cross between Aigis and the Persona 3 MC.
I love persona and SMT, I mean I'm definitely getting it but I guess I'm not completely hyped about it.

amigastar

From what i've seen you initiate a combat with action combat and if the enemy is weak he dies from it if not you get into turn based combat.
This way you don't have to turn base fighting weaker enemies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom