• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro Redux: Uncovered - A look at Redux

Neper

Neo Member
Haven't played 2033 yet and don't own Last Light, so this feels like the perfect chance for me. I'll be definitely getting this, glad to see some of the improvements that came with MLL applied to the original.

$50 for both games is incredible. All these other remasters seem way overpriced in comparison.

Kind of coming out a bad time between Diablo and Destiny, but I'll probably go ahead and get it day one anyway.
Yeah man they put so much work toward thus game it looks amazing. Charging $25 for each shows other devs are out of their minds charging $60 for remasters that didn't even receive the same polish level.. Thanks Deep Silver!!

Will be a nice pick to continue my shooter/action run that started with Wolfenstein. Still need to finish it, great game, best SP shooter since Half Life.

TLOUR and Redux will keep me busy for a while. Then Bayo 1 and 2 plus the rest of my WiiU backlog more than I can chew but wth.

Really confused by the modes, can someone do a summary on that?

fantomena

I literally bought the Redux Bundle from a russian trader for 14$ an hour ago. One of the best shooters Ive played in years. Definetly looking good.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Holy SHIT

I was already looking forward to this because I never got to play 2033 and only part of the rough PS3 version of LL but this is an incredible effort. Major visual improvements, engine streaming overhaul to do away with loading, improved gameplay, and added areas in two games for $50? Yes. Absolutely yes.

I'm also shocked that it's going to be 60fps too. So excited.

I wanted to support this studio just for the conditions they work in but this is going far above and beyond what I expected.

Anung

Un Rama
ipdr7pxhxZY1Z.gif

Mask wipe is the best animation of last gen.

WaltJay

It looks really impressive. I own 2033 and LL on Steam, but I haven't played LL yet. I played 2033 on the Xbox 360 and really enjoyed it, although the gunplay was just awful.

Considering they are offering both Redux versions on Steam for 50% if you already own the games, I might have to double-dip.

Carlius

Banned
fucking incredible. this is how you remaster a game. will buy just on principle even though i own both of the originals

Atolm

Same as with Sleeping Dogs, I refrained from playing Last Light when they gave it with PS Plus. So glad it paid out in both cases.

Holy SHIT

I was already looking forward to this because I never got to play 2033 and only part of the rough PS3 version of LL but this is an incredible effort. Major visual improvements, engine streaming overhaul to do away with loading, improved gameplay, and added areas in two games for $50? Yes. Absolutely yes.

I'm also shocked that it's going to be 60fps too. So excited.

I wanted to support this studio just for the conditions they work in but this is going far above and beyond what I expected.
This developer deserves the best. Let's hope Redux sells well cause this price and the improvements are just amazing

Dave_6

I own both of the originals on Steam but have yet to finish either one (or even come close to). I was considering buying Redux for my PS4 but after seeing I can get both of the new versions for 50% off on Steam I am reconsidering that. I didn't realize the PC versions were going to be different that the originals.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Definitely want to grab this. I wonder how the X1 version will measure up aside from the lesser resolution? My X1 is hungry for a new retail game.
Look up metro redux e3 ign, when interviewed they were playing the X1 version of the game

Now this is a remaster. Wow! I own 2033 on PC and never got a chance to play it but I'm definitely day one on this. I don't think I want to even play it on PC anymore after this.

Preordered on PS4 because I could never get these games to run as well as I'd liked on PC. I hope they sell a lot of copies. They definitely deserve the attention. This is the best looking game of this gen so far (graphics).

Let me get this straight though. There wouldn't be a reason to buy LL again on PC, would there? The only game remastered was 2033, right?

Edit: it seems LL received minor improvements? It seems they could just patch these in. I guess $12.50 isn't much, but still.

bidguy

Banned
played 2033 on xbox and it was awful. visuals and framerate sucked

deleted after a few hours. hope this one is better

gooface

Banned
I own both on PC, the original was terribly optimized. I remember it looked freaken amazing though when it came out, and last light still looks amazing.

after watching this video my doubt went away and it looks like I will be buying these. I never completed either game and now I have a reason to.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
played 2033 on xbox and it was awful. visuals and framerate sucked

deleted after a few hours. hope this one is better

2033 should be much better here. They redid the gameplay, levels, almost everything.

Also I played a bit of 2033 and stopped, but loved Last Light. So you should play Last Light for sure.

I own both on PC, the original was terribly optimized. I remember it looked freaken amazing though when it came out, and last light still looks amazing.

after watching this video my doubt went away and it looks like I will be buying these. I never completed either game and now I have a reason to.

The original ran quite alright if you just turned off the advanced depth of field option. It took off 40% from the framerate on average.

gooface

Banned
The original ran quite alright if you just turned off the advanced depth of field option. It took off 40% from the framerate on average.

I just used it as a game to show how amazing PC graphics looked like when I ran it. I remember with my single HD 5870 it got like 20-30fps, I remember the AA setting being the FPS killer not the DOF. (after changing the AA settings the FPS were way higher)

I remember this was the first game I fired up after I got a 2nd 5870 back in 2011, and it ran perfectly. It was one of the only games that I couldnt max out at 1080p on my single 5870.

I just used it as a game to show how amazing PC graphics looked like when I ran it. I remember with my single HD 5870 it got like 20-30fps, I remember the AA setting being the FPS killer not the DOF. (after changing the AA settings the FPS were way higher)

I remember this was the first game I fired up after I got a 2nd 5870 back in 2011, and it ran perfectly. It was one of the only games that I couldnt max out at 1080p on my single 5870.

Yeah the AA would definitely put you over your VRAM budget on a 5870.

Looks like they at least put some effort into it and didn't just up the shadow resolution, gave the protagonist a new nose and called it a day

Is this a budget release on PS4/XB1?

I have it preordered for £25

Or maybe that's the price remastered games should be and I'm just used to paying more now.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Ok, that video sold me. Never played 2033 and LL looked pretty crappy on PS3. This is a night and day difference!

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I'm about to beat Last Light on PS3, I'm near the end after choosing between
letting Lesnitsky live or die.
I've enjoyed this game a lot, it's one of the best single-player FPS I've ever played. Never played the first one so the timing for this is fantastic.

kpaadet

Never played Last Light and only got around 4 hours into 2033 for some reason even though I remember enjoying it, will get this Redux ed.

Gator86

Played through last light a few times on ps3 but never played 2033 thanks to a shitty laptop. Pumped about this collection. I just wish it came out earlier this summer instead of a week before Destiny. Game is gonna be DOA.

Vitor711

So, they specifically mention that resolution has tripled.

1600x900 for Xbox One/PS4 then? Triple isn't enough for full 1080.

Not that I mind, I'll just play it on my PC, but I was curious for anyone unable to do so. Although, judging by the video and the fact its 60FPS, that may be a sacrifice worth making.

Morts

I played Last Light on PS3 recently but never touched 2033. Will it be hard to go back to the first game if I pick it up on PS4?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So, they specifically mention that resolution has tripled.

1600x900 for Xbox One/PS4 then? Triple isn't enough for full 1080.

Not that I mind, I'll just play it on my PC, but I was curious for anyone unable to do so. Although, judging by the video and the fact its 60FPS, that may be a sacrifice worth making.

900p on XBO, 1080 on PS4

1080p is 2.25x 720p and I don't think the originals were full 720p on consoles.

EGM1966

Guess im buying bith of these again. Looks like a terrific upgrade.

Anyone interested in atmospheric FPS should give these a shot if they havent already.

Top Bottom