• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGO3 Delayed to Oct. 6th (consoles), January 2016 (PC)

January 2016??? WHAT? Why is there such a delay on PC?

Also why has there not been any word on the content of the CE for PC? Kinda bogus we have to wait for so long for the multiplayer, and we can't gain access to the goodies like the REX hat.

hamchan

I think I'll be long done with MGSV by then, and won't bother with it. So pretty much like what happened to MGO when I played 3 and 4, just didn't play it.

ODDI

Eh? I ain't too mad going the GTAO route giving me plenty time to enjoy the single player tho very unfortunate for PC players.

Revven

This is more or less like what happened with GTA Online isn't it?

I don't really recall, but was there a lot of upset about that? It seems like the single player content will be enough to satisfy until this finally drops.

There were a lot of people upset about GTA Online because when it launched everyone was done with SP and hopped online which caused the servers to crash and burn for several days. No one could play GTAO for at least a solid week, maybe even two before Rockstar managed to get the servers stabilized. And even then the servers were spotty for quite some time on PS360 until a bulk of the playerbase eventually gave up on it due to the launch being so fucking bad.

This is probably the worst way to approach launching online multiplayer because you run the risk of just crashing the servers and no one getting to play it the week it launches. Causing you to lose a portion of the player base because they give up on it.

Walpurgis

Banned
I'm not that surprised. I mean, I wasn't expecting this but I was expecting the online to be trash at launch like GTA V's. This gives me confidence that it could actually be playable at launch. In the mean time, I'll just enjoy MGSV's massive open world.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The actual game (non-MGO) for PC coming earlier? I'm okay with this.jpg

See you whenever if ever, MGO. <3

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
At the end of the day, I care way more about the base game. I'll check out MGO in January after a long break. Just so glad it's getting a simultaneous release.

lQbBeRY.gif

Kriken

A shame for that PC delay, although having the base game out the same day as consoles is a fair trade for me

Zomba13

My take aways.

1) Super super happy about same day PC launch now. I was still thinking about grabbing the PS4 version as 2 weeks, online, with a new MGS game would be torture. Spoilers everywhere. Glad I get to have the PC version and play along with everyone else.

2) Sucks about the delay on MGO as I was hoping to get into it this time (never bothered with 4 because it was a hassle to sign up and then I lost the konami log in thing)

3) REALLY sucks the PC version is so behind the console versions.

Sendero

Do we know if completing objectives on MGO, unlock stuff (skins, weapons) on the regular game?

IF they are truly separated entities, I'm mostly ok. Hope they have enough servers to handle the workload on January, though. Although guess I should hope they still have people working in this, by then...

RK9039

MGO2 was so good, and it was there on day one. I actually played MGO2 before starting the MGS4 campaign because I wanted to see if that stupid Konami ID worked.

I'm guessing there won't be a reward shop this time, or at least not in the same way it was done previously where the currency was made in survival/tournament modes. Now I think the entire thing is probably going to be full of micro-transactions.

Then I'll cry, and cry and drive up to Konami angry only to go back because I realize it's just a vidya garm
Good point.
I notice consoles always get the focus for many games, so I always hold off on the PC version until I hear it doesn't suck.
It could be like DB Xenoverse though. GZ port wasn't bad.

erawsd

January 2016??? WHAT? Why is there such a delay on PC?

Also why has there not been any word on the content of the CE for PC? Kinda bogus we have to wait for so long for the multiplayer, and we can't gain access to the goodies like the REX hat.

My guess would be that Konami LA is too small a studio to handle all 3 at once, so they are going to focus on getting the console games out and give themselves a few extra months for cleaning up the PC port.

Honestly a month isn't that bad. Gives people time to become familiar with the gameplay systems before jumping online immediately like some people like to do.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I suspected it wouldn't be ready for launch given the complete lack of information for it.

Now I suspect it won't be any good and will be poorly supported.

The Argus

Man, they really are taking a Rockstar approach with this game. Not too disappointed though, I'm not buying TPP for the MGO, but it's a nice bonus.

gai_shain

Well waiting atleast till january to pick it up then, just hoping that this doesnt fuck with the online community. Not sure how it worked out for gta5 regarding player numbers with this

Really sucks for those looking forward to the online component. Since the konami ID bullshit I've never ever cared about MGO in any form. (Because I couldn't play it)

As long the SP is good I'm good

Top Bottom