• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGO3 Delayed to Oct. 6th (consoles), January 2016 (PC)

Cday

Banned
They charge $30 for a demo when they should be charging $30 for MGSV at launch because that's what you get. Half a game.

Servers are not that expensive in 2015, would easily be cleared with all the cosmetic DLC MGO will include.

All this is true. But Konami appear to have gone batshit crazy with the penny pinching. Eg making game creators do punishment labour at their gyms because they took too long over lunch etc etc.

Konami are nuts, just saying.

Alo0oy

Banned
They charge $30 for a demo when they should be charging $30 for MGSV at launch because that's what you get. Half a game.

I hope this is a joke post.

The Phantom Pain's single player is most likely bigger than 95% of the games released this year, & of higher quality too.

Klossen

Banned

MGSV is whole without MGO the same way GTAV is whole without GTA:O. It's not half a game. It's the largest MGS game to date, in a series famous for its longevity and replay value.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
That's fine. Means I'll have time to play single player without feeling behind on the multiplayer front.

Dunk#7

i'm actually glad that konami appears to be taking MGO seriously enough to delay it for quality reasons.

THIS

I am more than happy to wait for MGO3 if it gives them time to polish it. I want it to be good out of the gate. MGO2 is my favorite online experience to date.

I will be playing the campaign for awhile anyway.

RangerBAD

So you believe that there isn't $60 worth of content within a full single player MGS game? You must have felt ripped off by the other MGS games.

Loakum

Banned
The satisfaction that you helped create that Erotic Violence Castlevania thing.

iWTK3Xr.jpg

Well Priase Tha Lawd my purchase wasn't in vain!

Dunk#7

Seriously I want to know why MGO is delayed so long on PC vs consoles.

Because it takes time to code/test something this is going to be played on a lot of different hardware. Most PCs are all different so probably harder to test for everything that could be encountered.

I have a PC I just built a few months ago, but I prefer consoles for all my gaming. Everything seems much more streamlined.

yuraya

Seriously I want to know why MGO is delayed so long on PC vs consoles.

Console versions will come with a lot of DLC skins and microtransactions. Konami knows PC gamers will hack it and mod everything out so they are building a different version for Steam.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Cday

Banned
I hope this is a joke post.

The Phantom Pain's single player is most likely bigger than 95% of the games released this year, & of higher quality too.

Yes every post you don't personally agree with is a joke post. Both of your claims are pointless as the game isn't even out so you must be basing them purely off marketing content.

MGSV is whole without MGO the same way GTAV is whole without GTA:O. It's not half a game. It's the largest MGS game to date, in a series famous for its longevity and replay value.

It's not incomplete because it's become a trend to release incomplete games? Sorry, I don't agree. Whoa it's the "Largest MGS to date". Sounds like that's good for a back of the box quote and not much else.

This game seems to be blatantly unlike the old MGS games, which were focused, high quality experiences in every way. I can only assume this apparent massive amount of content is mainly open world filler. I think it's very unlikely the actual core of the game that could be directly compared to the older games will be longer than any of them. That's usually how it goes for these things. Have to spend time and resources on crafting an open world experience then you have less time and resources to focus on what will be the core game. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Kojima and company to supplant this stereotype, but seeing as how the multiplayer can't be ready at launch in any capacity, then call me crazy, but it doesn't instill confidence in me about the rest of the game.

So you believe that there isn't $60 worth of content within a full single player MGS game? You must have felt ripped off by the other MGS games.

I believe I won't be paying full price for a blatantly unfinished game. I believe that the series has been bad since MGS4 so for me it's very unlikely that the main story will be worth it. The best thing I think this game can be is a fun sandbox game. That in and of itself is a weird thing to try to put value on. So no I don't think it will be worth $60, especially now.

RangerBAD

I believe I won't be paying full price for a blatantly unfinished game. I believe that the series has been bad since MGS4 so for me it's very unlikely that the main story will be worth it. The best thing I think this game can be is a fun sandbox game. That in and of itself is a weird thing to try to put value on. So no I don't think it will be worth $60, especially now.

I think you're confusing MGSV with the separate product called MGO3. Since, you know, MGO3 was announced years after MGSV. MGO3 is unfinished; MGSV is not.

Gren

Well, I wasn't really planning on playing much of MGO, but the fact it got delayed isn't encouraging me to preorder (but I'm also greedy, so a ludicrous GMG discount would probably push me over :p).

CHC

One of the most predictable delays in recent memory.

Still sounds like there is plenty to remain occupied with in the base game, though, so I'm not really upset.

Yes every post you don't personally agree with is a joke post. Both of your claims are pointless as the game isn't even out so you must be basing them purely off marketing content.

It's not incomplete because it's become a trend to release incomplete games? Sorry, I don't agree. Whoa it's the "Largest MGS to date". Sounds like that's good for a back of the box quote and not much else.

This game seems to be blatantly unlike the old MGS games, which were focused, high quality experiences in every way. I can only assume this apparent massive amount of content is mainly open world filler. I think it's very unlikely the actual core of the game that could be directly compared to the older games will be longer than any of them. That's usually how it goes for these things. Have to spend time and resources on crafting an open world experience then you have less time and resources to focus on what will be the core game. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Kojima and company to supplant this stereotype, but seeing as how the multiplayer can't be ready at launch in any capacity, then call me crazy, but it doesn't instill confidence in me about the rest of the game.

you don't think mgo is an add on to begin with? You really think it would make up half the value?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
if they can make it better great, also this gives me time to not rush the single player just to jump in to multiplayer, can take my time and take the entire game in now.

Quan

I'm glad that they delayed MGO because I will probably play it once I finish MGSV and it would going to be hard to play against the veterans who played MGO from day 1.

Palpable

I don't mind the delay at all. Gives me time to enjoy the campaign and not worry about jumping in to MGO3 to worry about playing against others who didn't bother with the campaign just to play the online portion.

Grief.exe

I don't mind the delay at all. Gives me time to enjoy the campaign and not worry about jumping in to MGO3 to worry about playing against others who didn't bother with the campaign just to play the online portion.

Do those that have played more earn a competitive advantage other than experience? By that I mean are they earning unlocks which are direct upgrades over new players?

I've never played Metal Gear Online so I honestly don't know how it works.

RangerBAD

Do those that have played more earn a competitive advantage other than experience? By that I mean are they earning unlocks which are direct upgrades over new players?

I've never played Metal Gear Online so I honestly don't know how it works.

There are too few details about this one to know what route they're taking. MGO2 utilized Drebin Points, but you only earned levels by how well you did. If you did badly, your level would go down. There were no hard levels outside of Skills. You had a slot limit for skills and you were allotted Drebin Points before the match to choose weapons. You could increase Drebin Points during the match to purchase better weapons during the match. Nothing ever carried over besides skills and your levels.

If MGO3 is like MGSV, then there should be greater customization. They'll more than likely try to integrate MGSV systems into MGO3. That's if MGO3 even comes out and for PC it'll be coming out (supposedly) after a lot of KojiPro have exited the company. Whatever supervision that was coming from Japan will probably be replaced by someone else.

Good call, delay the online portion well out of the window when the game still has mindshare, and into the window of when a bunch of online-centric games begin hitting.

co1onel

Not surprised, and frankly I don't really care about MGO3 at this point. Just give me the single player. I doubt I'll even use any of the online features.

Finalow

one month and FIVE days delay? Seriously?

fuck off. I was looking forward to play MGO, more than the sp.

that mother base online invasion thing (online invasions, I wonder from where the idea comes from uh) better be fucking good.

one month and FIVE days delay? Seriously?

fuck off. I was looking forward to play MGO, more than the sp.

that mother base online invasion thing (online invasions, I wonder from where the idea comes from uh) better be fucking good.

Man, the Internet sure knows how to overreact.

Top Bottom