• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain Save Transfer

Megatron

I know but I got it from NVIDIA/NewEgg.

Well, I suppose you could always abuse the steam return policy. I wonder how that applies to free games you get as pre order bonuses? Does the two hour rule apply to the free game or just the one you paid for?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Really, holding them up and telling them to lie down keeps them down forever?

Yep. They'll only get up if another soldier finds them and raises them, or if an alert is triggered. It becomes sort of a risk/reward of "raising an alert will bring everyone back up" vs "putting them to sleep means I'm guaranteed they'll be down for the next 2.5 minutes no matter what happens".

Alo0oy

Banned
I think I'm gonna download the PS+ version & do all the extractions again on normal.

The extractions are all I need, right? No tapes or hard mode or anything else? I don't think I have time to redo all that stuff again with Until Dawn coming out tomorrow.

Tabris

I think I'm gonna download the PS+ version & do all the extractions again on normal.

The extractions are all I need, right? No tapes or hard mode or anything else? I don't think I have time to redo all that stuff again with Until Dawn coming out tomorrow.

Thats what we're trying to figure out via this thread. Someone with a review copy must be able to answer this here.

Alo0oy

Banned
Thats what we're trying to figure out via this thread. Someone with a review copy must be able to answer this here.

Yeah, I hope it's only the extractions, otherwise I'm gonna have to rush through Until Dawn & then boot up GZ again.

I hope everything gets cleared up within the next couple of days.

If you
interrogate the undercover solider he will tell you the Bald man has the secret tape I believe.

I think!

I'll try doing that.

Yep. They'll only get up if another soldier finds them and raises them, or if an alert is triggered. It becomes sort of a risk/reward of "raising an alert will bring everyone back up" vs "putting them to sleep means I'm guaranteed they'll be down for the next 2.5 minutes no matter what happens".

You can also do the CQC melee attack combo (R2 repeatedly without moving the analog stick) which will knock them out indefinitely (until someone wakes them up). This one can get you noticed however since you will stand up and make some noise, not to mention the combo takes a bit of time to perform (even with the 3 hit version performed from behind).

It's up to you to decide what to use for the situation, that's why I like how everything has different advatantages/disadvantages.

You can also use guards to call nearby guards to your position so you can take them out too.

I think these options have been expanded in The Phantom Pain as well.

Fisty

Ok i think ive figured out all the unlockables. Once you have 100% trophies, you just need to rescue the rest of the prisoners mentioned in the pictures, recreate all 7 scenes in Deja Vu normal and hard and pass both quizes with no incorrect answers, and beat Jamais Vu once on normal and hard. That should give you all skins and Mother Base staff. Am i missing anything?

Xiraiya

Yeah, any "yellow" labeled individual, POWS, unique guards etc. all carry over to TPP.
I also assume every casette you collect in GZ will be in your TPP playlist too.

For good measure I extracted out every guard in every mission that was possible.

Juicy Bob

I'm interested to know the logistics of transfarring a PS3 save to the PS4.

I know they've said it will be possible, but I'm still a bit nervous and don't want to miss out after doing all the work for it.

Alo0oy

Banned
Ok i think ive figured out all the unlockables. Once you have 100% trophies, you just need to rescue the rest of the prisoners mentioned in the pictures, recreate all 7 scenes in Deja Vu normal and hard and pass both quizes with no incorrect answers, and beat Jamais Vu once on normal and hard. That should give you all skins and Mother Base staff. Am i missing anything?

Is that 100% confirmed or are you just assuming this?

N° 2048

Is that 100% confirmed or are you just assuming this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgears...w_to_prepare_for_the_phantom_pain_by_playing/

QNzMKUY.jpg

Phionoxx

Will take a look at this later. Have all the GZ trophies except for collect all cassette tapes. Probably missing extracting some of the extra POWs though.

PreFire

Time to save some prisoners.

Do I have to save them all in one go or can I save 2 now, complete the mission then save 2 on my next attempt?

N° 2048

Time to save some prisoners.

Do I have to save them all in one go or can I save 2 now, complete the mission then save 2 on my next attempt?

You can save as many as you like as long as you finish the mission.

So as far as we know, you can capture The Finger, finish the mission.

Then replay the mission and capture The Eye, finish the mission.

I did this and my stats show "2 Soldiers Extracted" and I assume this is the data the transfer uses.

PreFire

You can save as many as you like as long as you finish the mission.

So as far as we know, you can capture The Finger, finish the mission.

Then replay the mission and capture The Eye, finish the mission.

I did this and my stats show "2 Soldiers Extracted" and I assume this is the data the transfer uses.

Thanks. I seriously can't wait for TPP. The shop I go to might have it the 28th. I'll keep my fingers crossed

Well, I suppose you could always abuse the steam return policy. I wonder how that applies to free games you get as pre order bonuses? Does the two hour rule apply to the free game or just the one you paid for?

Nah, if there isn't a sale this coming week I'll probably just play TPP without it and buy GZ later and then start a new game.

Hell, I still need to play The Witcher 3 and I'm still not out of the first chapter of W2.

Kyou

extracted the finger but on my totally stealthy sprint down the middle of the road carrying the eye he got shot to death on my back

boo

wtf, I have no code since I got the game used when I finally got a PS4 and can't "buy" it digitally in time for TPP because I redeemed the PS+ freebie just to have it on my account.

There are two ways to unlock content in TPP.

1. Transfer your Ground Zeroes save to TPP
2. go to core.konami.com and enter the code that came with your early retail copy of Ground Zeroes. If you bought the game digitally, I believe you do not need to do this step.

As for your Ground Zeroes save, here's what you need to do in GZ in order to unlock everything:

qk8JApG.jpg

Whoa did not know this. Going to have to get on this!

NeonDelta

I traded in my physical copy and can't remember if I redeemed the code, hopefully I took the bit of paper out of the box but I can't remember seeing it, I have the ps plus copy so hopefully that counts

Soodanim

Gold Member
When I loaded GZ yesterday I had 8% done. I have some work to do.

I think I'll do it in different play styles. I'll do lethal runs for rescuing POWs, then go back in and stealth my way to S.

Xanathus

I doubt that the alternate outfits from Jamais Vu or Deja Vu will carry over because the Konami website only explicitly mentioned the GZ Sneaking Suit carrying over. Still there's no harm in doing that mission.

Two Words

Can I just extract the prisoners and abort the mission? It would be easiest to do that assassination mission, extract them, and abort.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Yeah I've seen it earlier in the thread, but is that official? Does that mean I only need to do what's in this image to carry over everything from GZ?

And nobody answered if having the PS+ version of GZ is enough to unlock everything.
Unless it's a stripped down build of the game, it will be fine. I'd wager that it's the exact same version of the game that is in stores.

Yeah I've seen it earlier in the thread, but is that official? Does that mean I only need to do what's in this image to carry over everything from GZ?

And nobody answered if having the PS+ version of GZ is enough to unlock everything.

Not sure about official but these are all that'll transfer from missions in GZ as far as we know
And yes, Ps+ GZ is the same game as the retail one.

Alo0oy

Banned
Not sure about official but these are all that'll transfer from missions in GZ as far as we know
And yes, Ps+ GZ is the same game as the retail one.

I didn't mean if the PSN version is the same as the retail version. AuthenticM said having the digital copy means you automatically unlock all the GZ stuff in TPP without having to do all that stuff & I was wondering if the PS+ version counts.

For people on PC who had played the game a long time ago and do not have the time to replay all missions to extract POWs, there is at least one 100% savegame online (google is your friend) that is compatible and works with the Steam release. I had a 33% savegame but no time to go back and make sure I extract everyone or finish all missions with S rank on every difficulty level, so I just used that one and uploaded it wherever it's uploaded.

Regardless I'll replay GZ at least once more before starting TPP, as I have to get accustomed with the controls again.

Just restarted GZ to check my records but unless I'm missing something the Play Records screen isn't very helpful as it lists your best playthrough stats. On some of my S rank runs, I didn't get every prisoner out. I guess I'll redo every prisoner that isn't part of a trophy.

I didn't mean if the PSN version is the same as the retail version. AuthenticM said having the digital copy means you automatically unlock all the GZ stuff in TPP without having to do all that stuff & I was wondering if the PS+ version counts.

What AuthenticM talked about is a code which came with the retail copy that you have to redeem but you don't need to worry about it if your copy is digital. The PS+ copy is the same as a digital copy without any restrictions except for the when your sub ends. You just gotta rescue all those people in the image and you'll be fine for TPP.

Alo0oy

Banned
For people on PC who had played the game a long time ago and do not have the time to replay all missions to extract POWs, there is at least one 100% savegame online (google is your friend) that is compatible and works with the Steam release. I had a 33% savegame but no time to go back and make sure I extract everyone or finish all missions with S rank on every difficulty level, so I just used that one and uploaded it wherever it's uploaded.

Regardless I'll replay GZ at least once more before starting TPP, as I have to get accustomed with the controls again.

Hmm, I wonder if I can get a 100% save on my PS3 (since that can easily be done), upload it to the cloud, & then transfer it to TPP on PS4.

i think I'll try that.

PreFire

I just realized you can extract ANY soldier. If I go nuts and extract every single soldier, will I have an army waiting for me at mother base? Lol

Rescuing that prisoner with the numbers gives you some pretty cool dialogue for those of you who haven't rescued him yet

Hmm, I wonder if I can get a 100% save on my PS3 (since that can easily be done), upload it to the cloud, & then transfer it to TPP on PS4.

i think I'll try that.
It's supposed to work this way but that would probably require a patch for GZ PS3 to upload your save from an ingame menu.
That or since the game launched, they've been uploading play stats to Konami servers and TPP will simply retrieve stats associated to your PSN ID.

SeanTSC

Hrm, so, it's been a long while since I played GZ. I looked through my Trophies and I have all of them except for the S-Rank ones. Am I good to go then? And does S-Ranking everything get me anything for the transfer?

Stevey

Didn't even realize stuff carried over.
That means I've got to do all that and a complete playthrough of Peace Walker before the 1st

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
I traded in my physical copy and can't remember if I redeemed the code, hopefully I took the bit of paper out of the box but I can't remember seeing it, I have the ps plus copy so hopefully that counts

I'm in this boat too, except I know for a fact that I didn't keep any paper. Don't know why I wouldn't redeem any codes in the box though, so I'm hoping there'll be a nice surprise in store next week.

Alo0oy

Banned
It's supposed to work this way but that would probably require a patch for GZ PS3 to upload your save from an ingame menu.
That or since the game launched, they've been uploading play stats to Konami servers and TPP will simply retrieve stats associated to your PSN ID.

If it works like other cross-save games on PS4, the PS4 uses your cloud storage to download the save, & I doubt Kojima wouldn't use a system that's already in place in favor of a more obtuse system.

So I can theoretically put a 100% save on PS3 & then use cloud storage to transfer it to PS4.

HonMirin

Can you use cross saves for TPP? For instance, can you use a 100% save from PS3 GZ for a new game PS4 TPP? And vice versa?

artsi

I played GZ on PS4 but decided to get the PC version after all, I wonder if I have to play it again or if I could download some kind of 100% save file and use that.

Alo0oy

Banned
I played GZ on PS4 but decided to get the PC version after all, I wonder if I have to play it again or if I could download some kind of 100% save file and use that.

It's on PC, a trainer will be out within 5 minutes of release to bypass everything.

Can I just extract the prisoners and abort the mission? It would be easiest to do that assassination mission, extract them, and abort.

When you're looking for XOF patches it doesn't work if you collect all 9 and then abort, you have to finish the mission, so I'd assume it's the same with extractions.

Top Bottom