• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain Save Transfer

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I wonder if not playing Peace Walker is going to screw me over for MGS5's story. >_>

Peace Walker is the only one I haven't played, just one I never got round to. But same here, I didn't know who two of the characters that seem to be a main point were at all when going through Ground Zeroes. I'm wondering if I should try and fit it in over the next week or just catch up on Youtube.

KarmaCow

Peace Walker is the only one I haven't played, just one I never got round to. But same here, I didn't know who two of the characters that seem to be a main point were at all when going through Ground Zeroes. I'm wondering if I should try and fit it in over the next week or just catch up on Youtube.

There's a summary of PW in GZ that might help. I haven't read it or played PW either but I think I have a good enough idea of who Paz and Chico are from what they've shown and just through osmosis of hearing about PW.

Paz:
Double agent that is torn between being loyal to Big Boss or Cypher (some secret organization that probably wants power).
Chico:
Some dumb kid who desperately wants to be hero despite being a dumb kid.

Is that missing anything serious?

Zomba13

There's a summary of PW in GZ that might help. I haven't read it or played PW either but I think I have a good enough idea of who Paz and Chico are from what they've shown and just through osmosis of hearing about PW.

Paz:
Double agent that is torn between being loyal to Big Boss or Cypher (some secret organization that probably wants power).
Chico:

Paz's
real name being Pacifica Ocean.

The most important and shocking twist in video games ever!

Well, I suppose you could always abuse the steam return policy. I wonder how that applies to free games you get as pre order bonuses? Does the two hour rule apply to the free game or just the one you paid for?

I attempted to get a refund after spending four hours with GZ (even though I already own it for ps4), and even offered to pay the price of GZ they refused my refund.

Roto13

Paz:
Chico:

Cipher is Major Zero.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You can also do the CQC melee attack combo (R2 repeatedly without moving the analog stick) which will knock them out indefinitely (until someone wakes them up). This one can get you noticed however since you will stand up and make some noise, not to mention the combo takes a bit of time to perform (even with the 3 hit version performed from behind).

My understanding is that it doesn't work like this in Hard mode, only normal.

Zomba13

Does extracting the POWs factor into the 100% status? How do I know if the 100% save I downloaded has them rescued?

I think you can go into player stats or something and then scroll to the overall completion thing and check the POWs and Soldiers extracted. It doesn't say what ones and is a combined total (total rescued in Normal and then total in Hard) so you can't see if they were all rescued from the same mission or the ones from the different missions (but I think you can just check the individual mission stats for that, though no confirmation that the correct soldiers were extracted, or that the same POW wasn't extracted on multple attempts).).

jett

D-Member
I think you can go into player stats or something and then scroll to the overall completion thing and check the POWs and Soldiers extracted. It doesn't say what ones and is a combined total (total rescued in Normal and then total in Hard) so you can't see if they were all rescued from the same mission or the ones from the different missions (but I think you can just check the individual mission stats for that, though no confirmation that the correct soldiers were extracted, or that the same POW wasn't extracted on multple attempts).).

It only shows the stats of your highest ranked attempt. If that run didn't involve rescuing anyone, it will show 0 POWs rescued.

Braag

Hmm, I didn't get an achievement on Steam for obtaining all the cassettes... I hope they still transfer over.

I find it odd that you can extract both The Finger and The Eye.

I will probably replay all missions on normal just to get my POW and extractions up to date, then S rank the missions on Hard. The difficulty jump is crazy.

Just did that mission last night

after you extract both of them there is additional dialogue of miller kind of sympathizing with the finger and the eye. Given their skill I can see why they might spare them.

SaucyJack

I find it odd that you can extract both The Finger and The Eye.

I will probably replay all missions on normal just to get my POW and extractions up to date, then S rank the missions on Hard. The difficulty jump is crazy.

Don't think you need to S Rank the missions on hard to get 100% just complete them on Hard and S Rank on any difficulty.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
[HP];176629225 said:
Probably not much, only completionists should be worried about that.

Also, 100%ing this game is a fucking pain in the ass and not very fun imo.

So I should still be able to platinum it? And I wouldn't miss out on any costumes/outfits or anything like that?

Stiler

So for the pc version, can we just download someone's 100% save and put it in a folder to unlock all of this?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone manage to find a 100% save that has all of the POWs rescued on PC?

So for the pc version, can we just download someone's 100% save and put it in a folder to unlock all of this?

Will that even work? From what I can tell, as you play the game, part of your save is uploaded to Konami's servers, because anything significant you do in the game (rescue POWs, S-ranking missions) is reflected in the Mother Base portion in the MGSV GZ app, and the app doesnt get that info from the save directly from your system, otherwise you'd need your PC/console on at the time to update your Mother Base.

I would think that by doing that, Konami is actually keeping track if your save is gained 100% legit.

Zomba13

Will that even work? From what I can tell, as you play the game, part of your save is uploaded to Konami's servers, because anything significant you do in the game (rescue POWs, S-ranking missions) is reflected in the Mother Base portion in the MGSV GZ app, and the app doesnt get that info from the save directly from your system, otherwise you'd need your PC/console on at the time to update your Mother Base.

I would think that by doing that, Konami is actually keeping track if your save is gained 100% legit.

There is an option on the main menu to upload you save. I'm guessing on the PC at least it just uploads it and links it to your steam account so it doesn't matter where the save is from as long as you upload it it'll overwrite whatever is there.

PC baby race. You have 5 days to do it yourself.

I bought it on PS4 first and got about 80% completion before I put it down with intention of picking it up and finishing it right before TPP came out. Now I'm getting TPP on PC and have no intention of trying to 100% as I found the 80% I did complete on PS4 mostly very annoying.

This one works, I just tested.

http://istockfile.com/www/?a=d&i=455548

Copy files from the .rar file to:
\Steam\userdata\[USERID]\311340\remote

No worries though, took me all of 10 seconds to just put that file in there and I now have an 100% completed file ready to go. I love having choice. Thanks arsti, I appreciate you finding that for us.

57AEFAE92AC1741BDEE157D64C7EB9E0FB2C2861

I bought it on PS4 first and got about 80% completion before I put it down with intention of picking it up and finishing it right before TPP came out. Now I'm getting TPP on PC and have no intention of trying to 100% as I found the 80% I did complete on PS4 mostly very annoying.

No worries though, took me all of 10 seconds to just put that file in there and I now have an 100% completed file ready to go. I love having choice. Thanks arsti, I appreciate you finding that for us.
I'm going through Ground Zeroes on PS4 at the moment and having a blast. I extracted all of the prisoners and unique characters, got all XOF patches and cassettes, unlocked all extra op outfits, and I'm just working through S ranks on each op (on Normal). It's been a lot of fun and never tedious.

I can't see myself ever trying for S ranks on hard, so I assume that means no 100% for me, but hopefully 100% completion isn't required for anything. We have absolutely no idea though.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Downloading save files, smh.

Anyway hopefully the 100% completion bonus is whatever since 60% and all POWs rescued is good enough for me.

ZeroX03

Banned
I can't see myself ever trying for S ranks on hard, so I assume that means no 100% for me, but hopefully 100% completion isn't required for anything. We have absolutely no idea though.

I was surprised how easy hard was. It's no European Extreme, it's just stricter and requires strong knowledge of the mechanics. Makes for a nice challenge after S ranking missions on normal.

I'm going through Ground Zeroes on PS4 at the moment and having a blast. I extracted all of the prisoners and unique characters, got all XOF patches and cassettes, unlocked all extra op outfits, and I'm just working through S ranks on each op (on Normal). It's been a lot of fun and never tedious.

That's the difference. Normal is fun, great even. But Hard can be very very tedious. Especially as to unlock Hard you gotta beat normal which leaves you seeing the same content over and over and over.... It was very frustrating on Hard w/ Reflex mode off. And not for reasons that are immediately apparent to the player. I enjoyed the challenge of the Hard difficulty a lot, more so than Normal difficulty, but hated the conditions required for 100% Hard mode.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's the difference. Normal is fun, great even. But Hard can be very very tedious. It was very frustrating on Hard w/ Reflex mode off. And not for reasons that are immediately apparent to the player.

Restart checkpoint!

As long as you know the optimal routes, you can restart 3-5+ times and still hit S rank. Reflex, Alert and Kills are much worse on the ranks.

As I understand it TPP has different scoring, at least when it comes to kills.

Xanathus

That's the difference. Normal is fun, great even. But Hard can be very very tedious. Especially as to unlock Hard you gotta beat normal which leaves you seeing the same content over and over and over.... It was very frustrating on Hard w/ Reflex mode off. And not for reasons that are immediately apparent to the player. I enjoyed the challenge of the HArd difficulty a lot, but hated the conditions required for 100%

Hard is really not much harder than Normal, if you're playing pure stealth then the only difference is that the enemy's vision and alert distance are around double but that only means that you have to crawl at distances where you would normally crouch on Normal. If you know the optimal route to get S-rank on Normal, it's exactly the same on Hard.

Don't think you need to S Rank the missions on hard to get 100% just complete them on Hard and S Rank on any difficulty.

You have to do something more than that, at least. I've S-Ranked everything on Normal and beaten everything on Hard and I'm only at 91%. Got the Trophy for unlocking all trials, too. I'm pretty sure you'd have to S-Rank everything on both difficulties to get 100%.

Zomba13

Or they could have done it on the console release then rebought it on PC without the intention of 100%ing it again?
Nah, platform wars lets go

Lol this is what happened with me. I wasn't 100% but high up there I think with the guys extracted. When I decided to get TPP on steam though I just went through GZ again. Not up to where I was on PS4 but good enough I think.

Top Bottom