• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain Save Transfer

nowai

I wonder if not playing Peace Walker is going to screw me over for MGS5's story. >_>

PW knowledge is mandatory if you don't want to be totally lost.

The game itself is very fun and I highly recommend the HD version on PS3. If you are not going to play it, at least watch a story video on youtube.

edit: PW also makes you accustomed to the mission style gameplay that (I assume) TPP will have. If people are used to the MGS1-4 style single story driven game, they might be in for a shock when they play TPP.

Has it been confirmed that is true 100%? Apparently stuff like rescuing POW's isn't required to hit 100?

I think it's safe to assume that whomever did that wouldn't have stopped short of getting the proper NPC's. That's a lot of work to overlook something like that. I used that file and it is %100 but I can't confirm that the NPC's were evacuated. I could go and just evacuate them to be sure by replaying the mission, which is what I'll probably do sometime this weekend.

artsi

Has it been confirmed that is true 100%? Apparently stuff like rescuing POW's isn't required to hit 100?

It should have at least the main mission and anti-air mission POW's as you get cassette tapes from them, and the save has all tapes.

You could load the save and then extract the others to make sure.

LAA

Anyone in the UK managed to redeem the codes they got from the GZ game?
I'm guessing it may go live on Tuesday/Wednesday when the store updates.

Just a trophy I think.
There's a trophy for getting an s-rank on each mission, side-op, and extra op, but not one for getting an s-rank on every mission, side-op, and extra op on both difficulties (which is required for 100%).

I just thought I'd mention the distinction to avoid any confusion.

16BitNova

PW knowledge is mandatory if you don't want to be totally lost.

The game itself is very fun and I highly recommend the HD version on PS3. If you are not going to play it, at least watch a story video on youtube.

edit: PW also makes you accustomed to the mission style gameplay that (I assume) TPP will have. If people are used to the MGS1-4 style single story driven game, they might be in for a shock when they play TPP.

I'm currently playing through MGS 1. ( Haven't played any Metal Gears before, I'm 25 :(...) The PS3 plays PS1 discs so that wasn't a problem. For the rest including Peace Walker, is there a consensus on any collection being the best? For PS3?

I'm currently playing through MGS 1. ( Haven't played any Metal Gears before, I'm 25 :(...) The PS3 plays PS1 discs so that wasn't a problem. For the rest including Peace Walker, is there a consensus on any collection being the best? For PS3?

For Peace Walker, to my knowledge there is only two versions, the PS3 HD version or the original one on PSP that you can get via PSN for Vita.

So if you have a choice, get the HD PS3 Version.

Metal Gear Legacy collection has everything doesn't it? Just get that. I'm so jealous of you getting to play MGS1 fresh. It was the game I got with my Playstation for Christmas 98' when I was 12 and is still one of my favorite games of all time to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NImW-Rs8eK8

Still gives me goosebumps.

No, the one in TPP is a brand new modern day rendering, as demonstrated in the Mother Base video. You keep the eye patch, but everything else is what MGS1 Snake would look like in 2015.
No, that is not Solid Snake! :p

That is just the standard MGSV sneaking suit, which was designed to resemble the MGS1 suit. It remains to be seen if there is a new Solid Snake suit in MGSV, of there is it'll most likely be dlc.

RootCause

That is just the standard MGSV sneaking suit, which was designed to resemble the MGS1 suit. It remains to be seen if there is a new Solid Snake suit in MGSV, of there is it'll most likely be dlc.
Whatever they do, I hope it isn't another troll job like the gray fox, snake skins in GZ. Too cruel on Kojima's part. :p

Ridley327

Oh, I see what you mean. It is really close, though, so I imagine they're trying to bridge the gap.

16BitNova

Metal Gear Legacy collection has everything doesn't it? Just get that. I'm so jealous of you getting to play MGS1 fresh. It was the game I got with my Playstation for Christmas 98' when I was 12 and is still one of my favorite games of all time to this day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NImW-Rs8eK8

Still gives me goosebumps.

I'll check my local game store to see if they have the Legacy Collection. Thanks! And that little tune really is a nice touch. Currently at the Psycho Mantis fight :) The pacing of this game is truly amazing.

So... I've gotten everyone from the first couple of missions (up to Hideo), so I just have 2 more missions to extract people from. Has anyone gotten a lock on a 100% complete save file with all extractions, by chance? I may not have time to do everything leading up to TPP's release.

lol...wonder what happens if you extract the targets, then the chopper explodes on the way out. Just gonna go ahead and restart this mission

I wish TTP would start with that sound.

Me too brother, me too.

Here's a really sweet VHS like-music video with the song that I thought was really well done.

Download for the song. I'm gonna add it to the in-game tape tracks when I play TPP.

I'll check my local game store to see if they have the Legacy Collection. Thanks! And that little tune really is a nice touch. Currently at the Psycho Mantis fight :) The pacing of this game is truly amazing.

You like Castlevania don't you?

MIND BLOWN!!!!!!

I think that, coupled with the fact that it was the first game that I played with the brand new just released DUALSHOCK ANALOG CONTROLLER™. It was like you were there. Lol.

KAOz

Short bus special
Is it safe to assume that if you have 100% completion, everything that can be transferred over will be?

No.

You can have 100% without extracting quite alot of POWs and Soldiers of Interest.

Always check Extractions in the Play Records to make sure.

Tovarisc

It should have at least the main mission and anti-air mission POW's as you get cassette tapes from them, and the save has all tapes.

You could load the save and then extract the others to make sure.

I don't own GZ and not that interested in few POW's that would pay 20€ for them. I have seen several in-depth playthroughs of it so I should be covered on knowing story events and details.

Thanks for savefile link, will roll with it :)

iLLmAtlc

Crap, lost my 100% after updating. I assume it's because jamais vu counts for ps4 now.

Not sure if I want to do the tagging and what have you, or if you even get anything for 100%

how do you even have a chopper explode? Did you run to the choppah with half the garrison behind you?

put people on, but I had to go back into the camp for more. Did the whole thing in full alert, several of the AA guns were shooting it. For some reason it followed me around the map shooting everyone attacking me, never seen that happen before...but then again, this is the first time I have not given a fuck about being stealthy

Flandy

I've got my Steam save at 80% and have extracted all prisoners + special NPC, got all tapes, and unlocked the special costumes for the vu missions. Anyone want me to upload my save since you guys don't seem to be sure about the 100% one? Can I even upload it?

Crap, lost my 100% after updating. I assume it's because jamais vu counts for ps4 now.

Not sure if I want to do the tagging and what have you, or if you even get anything for 100%

Tagging won't take you too long tbh. Jamais Vu is even quicker since there's barely 10-15 enemies in total in the map.

Warablo

In the spoiler thread someone said the Sneaking Suit and the Solid Snake outfit transfer over. He doesn't know if any of the other costumes transfer.

TPP Character Spoiler:

He also said you can play as Raiden, so who knows if his costumes transfer.

Plasma

Banned
Anyone in the UK managed to redeem the codes they got from the GZ game?
I'm guessing it may go live on Tuesday/Wednesday when the store updates.

I redeemed my GZ code on Wednesday for the Xbox One version, worked fine.

Tabris

Well I got to 33% and all prisoners rescued, and only missing a single agent (the bald guy in the intel op because for some reason he wouldn't show up cause I collected the first tape).

I'll settle for that as I feel very limited in GZ and don't find it as fun. I think most important thing is probably sneaking suit and hideo?

I just got my Phantom Pain copies in region 3 Asia. anyone know where can I redeem the bonus code I got from Ground Zeroes? I tried to do it from PSN Asia Store but it say the code is not valid.

Storm360

I just got my Phantom Pain copies in region 3 Asia. anyone know where can I redeem the bonus code I got from Ground Zeroes? I tried to do it from PSN Asia Store but it say the code is not valid.

It will have to be redeemed in the ground zeroes countries PSN store, if it's a different region to the phantom pain, you won't be able to use the DLC

EDIT: I have the digital Xbox version and the game just detected it and worked out the box, I suspect it may be looking for the install rather than any DLC because I couldn't see anything on my system outside the game to suggest I had it.

It will have to be redeemed in the ground zeroes countries PSN store, if it's a different region to the phantom pain, you won't be able to use the DLC

EDIT: I have the digital Xbox version and the game just detected it and worked out the box, I suspect it may be looking for the install rather than any DLC because I couldn't see anything on my system outside the game to suggest I had it.

my GZ disk is also region 3. I guess I just have to wait until 9/1. it's okay to just play it now right?

Top Bottom