• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain Save Transfer

i'd be interested to see if the ground zeroes sneaking suit has its own set of perks instead of just being a skin swap
Does the default Phantom Pain suit still have that giant embossed penis and testicles on the back of it? If so, then the Sneaking Suit doesn't have that and I'd consider that a pretty big perk :p

Revven

Just checked out a datamine for the game and it will look like solid snake and ninja and raiden costumes are obtainable but not sure if from ground zeroes or the main game, I am guessing ground zeroes since they need to be unlocked.

For any one who does not want to spoil some of the unlocks or recruits i recommend you don't go on the link.

http://gearnuke.com/metal-gear-solid-v-phantom-pain-datamined-unlockable-costumes-discovered-spoilers/

Nice to have the Raiden and Gray Fox skins confirmed to transfer over (not that I doubted they would). Raiden/Gray Fox will be pretty OP with their run attributes lol.

Salaadin

On classified Intel acquisition - reddit guide says to rescue two people...your Intel guy and a hostage in the room next to where Paz was.

I got my Intel guy out but there's nobody next to paz but there's Two hostage in Chicos area.

On classified Intel acquisition - reddit guide says to rescue two people...your Intel guy and a hostage in the room next to where Paz was.

I got my Intel guy out but there's nobody next to paz but there's Two hostage in Chicos area.
There's a bald marine in the boiler room adjacent to the stairwells that you can hold up for the real tape.

There's a bald soldier who has the tape. Maybe that's why they mean.

Flandy

Bald white guy who doesn't wear a hat in the huge boiler. Make sure you go for him as soon as the mission starts. He leaves the area after a while and is a pain in the ass to find.

Salaadin

There's a bald marine in the boiler room adjacent to the stairwells that you can hold up for the real tape.

There's a bald soldier who has the tape. Maybe that's why they mean.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vVELmRS8SL0
The guy who I interrogated the tape from.

Bald white guy who doesn't wear a hat in the huge boiler. Make sure you go for him as soon as the mission starts. He leaves the area after a while and is a pain in the ass to find.

Ohhhh him? I remember him from when I S ranked. Not sure if I ever extracted him. Ill do that now. Thanks.

Alo0oy

Banned
So any new information? As I said previously in this thread, I only have a PAL PS3 save & my TPP is a US PS4 version, so I have a few options.

1- download & resign US save for PS3, & then transfer it over to PS4 (is that even possible without owning a US PS3 copy? Is the transfer handled from within GZ or does TPP read the save from PSN cloud storage?).
2- I have the codes that came with my PAL PS3 version, will those work on a US PS4 version?
3- Just start up Ground Zeroes on PS4 & redo everything. I'd prefer avoiding that, but I'll do it if it's the only option.

Who cares, honestly the transfer will have no effect other than fluff.

I care about that fluff.

RetroMG

TBH, I went back to GZ solely because I wanted the Solid Snake skin.

Then I kept going in order to stave off the madness of waiting for TPP.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
From the guide - Save data from GZ grants you the Sneaking Suit, with the perk of
eliminating footstep sounds and for increasing ranks, increasing recovery speed.

Save data with Deja Vu completed grans the Solid Snake suit, with the perk of
same as the previous, but also look like Solid.

Ridley327

From the guide - Save data from GZ grants you the Sneaking Suit, with the perk of
eliminating footstep sounds and for increasing ranks, increasing recovery speed.

Those sneaking suit perks are really damn useful.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I can't find it ( i suck at searching i guess) but what do S ranks unlock? I am not really good enough to S rank anything, I don't think. What am I missing out on?

You only unlock new weapons for each mission with each rank, I doubt they will matter in TPP. You only need to focus on extracting all the unique characters and POWs to have them show up at your MB and completing the extra ops on both difficulties to unlock the skins for Snake

georly

You only unlock new weapons for each mission with each rank, I doubt they will matter in TPP. You only need to focus on extracting all the unique characters and POWs to have them show up at your MB and completing the extra ops on both difficulties to unlock the skins for Snake

roger, doing that now then.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

So notning required except a save with GZ and Deja Vu completed to get them?

Thanks for this. Cleared up a lot of confusion for me. Awesome awesome news.

I thought you just needed to own GZ for the infiltration suit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgears...are_for_the_phantom_pain_by_playing/?sort=new

Hard mode completion or just normal?

Salaadin

Stuck at 98%. I can't S rank Jamais Vu or Operative Rescue. I'm just not good enough :(

Only need one more cassette tape. Not sure which.

Dmax3901

I'm really sorry, but even this page alone is still really confusing, is there a definitive idea of what does and doesn't transfer yet?

Sorry to ask again.

Katori

I can't find that bald guy but I already got everyone from GZ and completed GZ on Normal and Hard, so I'll just get the Snake suit and be good with the GZ prisoners + GZ suit + Solid Snake + Kojima. I'm never gonna find that bald guy and that's okay.

Also, is it just me or was the Kojima mission really easy to S-rank even on Hard?

I can't find that bald guy but I already got everyone from GZ and completed GZ on Normal and Hard, so I'll just get the Snake suit and be good with the GZ prisoners + GZ suit + Solid Snake + Kojima. I'm never gonna find that bald guy and that's okay.

Also, is it just me or was the Kojima mission really easy to S-rank even on Hard?
He's in the boiler room. Head there when the mission starts. Eventually he'll move.

fastmower

It's so easy with a mouse and keyboard. It's also so much fun!

Hypron

Oh shit I just realised I bought the game (and Ground Zeroes) from the US store.

Does that mean if I play TPP on my local NZ account I won't get the bonus for owning GZ? :/ My 100% GZ save (and all my MGS plats...) is on that account so I don't really have a choice.

pahamrick

From the Community OT.
I'm really sorry, but even this page alone is still really confusing, is there a definitive idea of what does and doesn't transfer yet?

Sorry to ask again.

The people you need to capture in GZ to transfer to TPP has been confirmed in detail:
12 standard enemy combatants (POW's)
4 in the Main Mission
2 in Eliminate the Renegade Threat
3 in Classified Intel Acquisition
3 in Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements
Prisoner 12282 (Destroy the Anti-Air Emplacements)
Escaped prisoner in the main mission
Glaz (Eliminate the Renegade Threat)
Palitz (Eliminate the Renegade Threat)
Hideo (Intel Operative Rescue)
Undercover JCS agent (Classified Intel Acquisition)
Bald Marine (Classified Intel Acquisition)

Note that all standard prisoners are found at Camp Omega, while the escaped prisoner and Prisoner 12282 is found in the refugee camp and the holding cell in the Admin Building, respectively. The 19 characters will also be unlocked by Main Mission 12.[6][7]

Source

Scrooged

Totally wronger about Nintendo's business decisions.
Getting S rank is so damn hard on some of the GZ missions. No way I'm getting those.

How do you deal with analog movement speed though when playing the rest of the game.

Kind of curious because only played with a controller and aiming sucks.

Since no one else has chimed in. I set a mouse button to be a toggle for the quiet movement speed. So essentially you have 3 movement speeds. Sprint, jog, sneak and sneaking seems to be attached the slowest possible version as opposed to the upper threshold of speed for sneaking with a controller. It's not perfect, but it does work, and I think the benefits to aiming outweigh having analog movement from the controller.. That said I wish they would have copied the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory way of attaching your movement speed on the scroll wheel, that was perfect.

Top Bottom