• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS:GZ - Looks and Performs a lot better on PS4...

Sidemissions? Secret stuff?

Maybe the game has a mission achievement system with ranks ala MGS4 had. He's probably looking at those.

Because the majority of the percentage will be buried behind collectibles and challenges.

Well there's the extra/side ops to consider, the console exclusive mission, S-Ranking each mission, probably collectibles are factored into that percentage too, not sure what else.
See, I wouldn't mind it being short if it's packed full of content.

I had been getting worried about people saying it's so short, but this eases my mind a bit.

MormaPope

Banned
Well there's the extra/side ops to consider, the console exclusive mission, S-Ranking each mission, probably collectibles are factored into that percentage too, not sure what else.

MGS GZ update: played through all missions (about 5 hours) but still only at 22%, according Snake's chain smoking menu screen.

I suspect the remaining 75% GZ claims I haven't completed is collectables and high rank completion of missions

Final word on GZ length before embargo blackout: Reports online are accurate. Main mission incredibly short but there *is* more content

SideOps missions, audio logs, collectables etc remain after main story mission. Online ranks promote replays.

All found here https://twitter.com/Espio1

NuKERxyz

Yeah, but it'll stop being newsworthy 2-3 years down the line.

I dont think so..

They may come with better drivers/sdk's but there will be improvements on PS4 too (in software development), so this will continue forever.

If u mean the press, well this gives them lots of hits, so it will continue forever too.

ekim

Not to defend anything but the first tweet is from a writer for a Playstation mag and I doubt the second person's tweet is based on eye contact with both version but rather what Kojima said.

Rainy Dog

This is probably sarcasm, but in case anyone missed it from the other thread...

wVrpbP4.png

Now this is more newsworthy to me. Fingers crossed there is legitimately enough content to justify the asking price as I really do want to play this next month.

Betty

Banned
This is a prologue campaign right? Possibly 100% completion of GZ doesn't add up to 100%.

The 100% may refer to full MGSV completion.

I don't think they'd do that. Even if they did, since PP is meant to be hundreds of times bigger, fully completing GZ would only yield about 1-2% at most if the percentage carried over between the two.

Biker19

Banned
Do people at MS actually think that if they keep pretending there isn't a decent sized power disparity that somehow people will just forget?

Obviously, but they certainly didn't count on social media being very popular within this stuff, either, especially when there are many gamers like myself that uses sites like Facebook & Twitter.

This is the PS3 with Cell all over again... I still remember early last gen when 360 third party games generally looked better than the PS3 versions with few exceptions here and there.

Yeah, I will play Ground Zeroes on the PS4 but that because I'll wait for it to be on PS+ a year later of its release, I love MGS, but I refuse to pay for what is essentially a prologue to the actual numbered next game in the series.

Eusis

He probably has eyes
After like almost every other PS4/XB1 release... yeah, this. if there was an advantage it was almost always on PS4, and usually games that weren't this way weren't the highest end ones and were locked at 1080p/30FPS.

Xater

Now this is more newsworthy to me. Fingers crossed there is legitimately enough content to justify the asking price as I really do want to play this next month.

Reading the tweets Morma posted it's not newsworthy at all. It's still just a very short game that they try to make you replay over a d over Shan to suggest there is. Ore value than there really is.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
#shockingnews

Frillen

Called it. When a developer say that there's only a slight difference between two versions, it usually means that it's a much bigger difference than just that. If there was indeed just a slight difference they would rather say they versions look almost identical.

Reading the tweets Morma posted it's not newsworthy at all. It's still just a very short game that they try to make you replay over a d over Shan to suggest there is. Ore value than there really is.

Thats not a bad thing, this is the formula Way of the Samurai uses

http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/13/hid...can-render-1080p-at-60fps-with-room-to-spare/

Transcribed by DualShockers, Famitsu, Kojima said of PS4, ” I think, between the home consoles available in the domestic market, the PS4 is the best.

“It’s also excellent for graphics, being able to render 1080p at 60fps with room to spare. Since it does it a little better than other hardware, the image quality of the PS4 is the most beautiful. It’s the closest to the photorealistic quality we are aiming at.”

On Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, Kojima explained that you could play each of the game’s missions multiple times to try different approaches, and that the game is almost entirely viewed through a single camera shot with very few cuts, even when moving to cut-scenes.

It follows a lot of games press tweeting about the game at an official preview event over in Japan. From what they’ve said, it can be completed in two hours but your completion stat will be terribly low. Hit the link to see what the press has been saying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh1BjY-V1Ic#t=0

123rl

It's news for the simple fact that Kojima said the differences would be slight. Those don't sound like slight differences to me and they paint a worrying picture for Phantom Pain too...

3rd party devs and pr people will continue to downplay differences for the sake of keeping the peace with MS

Alienous

See, I wouldn't mind it being short if it's packed full of content.

I had been getting worried about people saying it's so short, but this eases my mind a bit.

Content and meaningful content differ.

Hiding meaningful content (the console exclusive side-op) behind bullshit content ('Find all of the XOF badges') reeks of padding. These are throwaway things in games, but a lack of content in GZ somehow transforms them into the meat and potatoes of the experience.

5 Side-Ops. Things akin to 'Interrogate informant and retrieve tape' or 'Evade/Destroy the tank'. Hardly meaningful. 1 transformative side-op per console (an astoundingly stupid move, might I add) that re-skin the character and/or map and enemies.

"Packed" full of content doesn't seem likely at all.

Also, where's that comparison trailer?

Wait, I thought it looked slightly better? I have to wonder if the discrepancies are really that huge, but if it came form Kojima......

One of the scariest parts about the XBone and the PS4 are, they will most likely have basically the same identical games. Microsoft better try to grab as many exclusives as they can because it seems like they are sorely losing out on he multiplatform title comparisons which could tamper with sales.

Doesn't look like the most graphically demanding game, but could also mean future Konami titles look a lot better on the PS4.

Will be interesting to see how different the Xbox One version is compared to the Xbox 360 Version!

I love this. I was so sick of PS3 playing second fiddle to the X360 last gen for multi platform releases. It's about time Sony takes the lead position on multi platform performance.

Chobel

Not to defend anything but the first tweet is from a writer for a Playstation mag and I doubt the second person's tweet is based on eye contact with both version but rather what Kojima said.

If Kojima said what's in that tweet, it's even worse.

Jack cw

Surprise, surprise. THis was pretty obvious after Kojimas announcement of the difference between PS4 and Xbone. 1080p60fps for a MGS is amazing.

DieH@rd

Banned
http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/13/hid...can-render-1080p-at-60fps-with-room-to-spare/

“It’s also excellent for graphics, being able to render 1080p at 60fps with room to spare. Since it does it a little better than other hardware, the image quality of the PS4 is the most beautiful. It’s the closest to the photorealistic quality we are aiming at.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh1BjY-V1Ic#t=0

Hopefully English translation of that vid will come out soon.

This is probably sarcasm, but in case anyone missed it from the other thread...

wVrpbP4.png

Archievement, complete the game 12 times.

At the end its all about being able to play it, the little bit fps / visual difference probably doesn't interesting 95% of the gamers that bought a console to start with.

Biker19

Banned
I love this. I was so sick of PS3 playing second fiddle to the X360 last gen for multi platform releases. It's about time Sony takes the lead position on multi platform performance.

What's funny about it, is that the differences between Xbox One & PS4 versions of multiplats are much larger than the differences between most Xbox 360 & PS3 versions of multiplat games.

PS3 got nailed for yonks.

Xbox One is even worse because it doesn't even have theoretical magic sauce. It's just give us 500 bucks for a mistake, la la la can't hear you. Halo 5 will be something.

I thought the power of the Infinity Cloud™ was supposed to be the magic sauce? Perhaps MS are still waiting for their FTL drives to finish spooling. Once that sucker kicks in the game will change.

I'm just glad one version isn't held back because of another.

Fuck parity.

Totally agree - if they had done this we would have found out about it anyway.

Seems that Sony will run away with this generation and I am glad I went with them once again!

Jack cw

So from "slightly better" to way better. Another multiplatform game, same old story. :p

To be fair, another "exclusive" also manges to NOT achieve 1080p on Xbone. Anyway, the 60fps in MGS2 were the best thing that could happen technically and after the really mediocre graphics in MGS4 this would be pretty great. Fox Engine looks incredible.

Content and meaningful content differ.

Hiding meaningful content (the console exclusive side-op) behind bullshit content ('Find all of the XOF badges') reeks of padding. These are throwaway things in games, but a lack of content in GZ somehow transforms them into the meat and potatoes of the experience.

5 Side-Ops. Things akin to 'Interrogate informant and retrieve tape' or 'Evade/Destroy the tank'. Hardly meaningful. 1 transformative side-op per console (an astoundingly stupid move, might I add) that re-skin the character and/or map and enemies.

"Packed" full of content doesn't seem likely at all.

Also, where's that comparison trailer?

"Meaningful" content to you may not be all that meaningful to someone else, and vice versa. I enjoyed collecting dog tags in MGS2, but I wouldn't be shocked if no one else did. Content (such as side missions, collectibles, etc.) gives people more to look forward to and whether people find all of it meaningful or not is simply up to them.

No word on that comparison trailer, unfortunately. Really hope we get some info on that soon!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I've never cared about MGS, but this doesn't bode well for future multiplatform games when I will have to settle for the lesser graphical version. Fuck.

And yeah, graphics don't matter to me as much as the Microsoft ecosystem, LIVE, Windows, Windows Phone, etc, but I wish I could get that along with the best graphical fidelity.

Top Bottom