• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS:GZ - Looks and Performs a lot better on PS4...

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Never forget.

Performance: I’m not dismissing raw performance. I’m stating – as I have stated from the beginning – that the performance delta between the two platforms is not as great as the raw numbers lead the average consumer to believe. There are things about our system architecture not fully understood, and there are things about theirs as well, that bring the two systems into balance.

People DO understand that Microsoft has some of the smartest graphics programmers IN THE WORLD. We CREATED DirectX, the standard API’s that everyone programs against. So while people laude Sony for their HW skills, do you really think we don’t know how to build a system optimized for maximizing graphics for programmers? Seriously? There is no way we’re giving up a 30%+ advantage to Sony. And ANYONE who has seen both systems running could say there are great looking games on both systems. If there was really huge performance difference – it would be obvious.

I get a ton of hate for saying this – but it’s been the same EVERY generation. Sony claims more power, they did it with Cell, they did it with Emotion Engine, and they are doing it again. And, in the end, games on our system looked the same or better.

I’m not saying they haven’t built a good system – I’m merely saying that anyone who wants to die on their sword over this 30%+ power advantage are going to be fighting an uphill battle over the next 10 years…

Qassim

I don't think I would have considered getting it on XBOne anyway, but hearing praise of the image quality and performance for the PS4 version is encouraging.

nampad

Expected nothing else after even Kojima said they will perform 'slightly' different. The performance gap was obvious from the day on we saw the specs.

Don't worry, misterxmedia probably has an explaination.

Kojima is a Playstation fanboy and made the Xbox version bad on purpose. He is also cboat, that's why his posts are in broken English.

rouken

you just know that people will get back for those times last gen about multiplatform differences between ps3 and 360

komplanen

I've never cared about MGS, but this doesn't bode well for future multiplatform games when I will have to settle for the lesser graphical version. Fuck.

And yeah, graphics don't matter to me as much as the Microsoft ecosystem, LIVE, Windows, Windows Phone, etc, but I wish I could get that along with the best graphical fidelity.

Maybe consider buying a PS4 down the line for multi-platform games and keep your Xbone for the exclusives. I know it's an extra $400 but I'd say it's worth it. Or just sell your Xbone since I'm sure you have picked up the clues along the way that this shit isn't exactly going away.

geordiemp

Never forget.

Don't think he ever will. Saw him on the xbox headphones thread, I was really wanting to say something cheeky like do they have 30 % more 5.1 sound, but I bit my lip. It was really hard.

I would like to think he would be a sport and come on a GAF thread and rationalise / maybe even say he got a few things wrong - I would respect him allot for that and it would be good fun. If done right he could eat little bit of crow but gain some respect.

keuja

Completed in 2 hours only... This doesn't bode well at all.
I don't give a shit about collectibles, audio logs and high scoring missions. It's like they are trying to do a bad copy of Assassin Creed. (MGS copying AC... What has the world become...)

Putty

Expected nothing else after even Kojima said they will perform 'slightly' different. The performance gap was obvious from the day on we saw the specs.

Kojima is a Playstation fanboy and made the Xbox version bad on purpose. He is also cboat, that's why his posts are in broken English.

The new one is The Order runs at 800p, which is only just above TF. They're still waiting for the stereo drivers to land which unlocks the 2nd layer etc etc...

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Yup, he was right... because it's not 30%, it's more about 50%.

The problem is ours, because we could not understand what he was trying to tell us

A Definitive Edition in his honor.

ihivIeDiJABkL.gif

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Maybe consider buying a PS4 down the line for multi-platform games and keep your Xbone for the exclusives. I know it's an extra $400 but I'd say it's worth it. Or just sell your Xbone since I'm sure you have picked up the clues along the way that this shit isn't exactly going away.
Nahh, I like my friends on Xbox Live. Money isn't an issue. I just see myself using my PC a bit this Gen for plenty of multiplatforms.

So MGS:GZ is 60fps on PS4?

It was supposed to be 1080p/60 on both next-gen consoles, last time we heard. I suppose they've had to change their plans.

Nice to hear that it's 60 'with room to spare' on PS4, though. Hopefully that means a rock-solid 60 all day long, rather than the typical 55ish that most '60FPS' games actually run at on consoles.

Always feel like the big Japanese games are home to playstation anyway, but good news for ppl with only ps4 I guess. I'm more saddened it looks like stuff with the controller and references to ps classics might not be in the games anymore. Always felt more than any other title, even final fantasy and dmc that metal gear had a special connection with playststion fans, hopefully Kojima doesn't lose the sauce lol

Amir0x

Banned
A Hideo Kojima game running better on a Sony machine?

OldLadyShocked.png

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. That Hideo Kojima somehow, like, sabotaged the game on XBO so that his Sony bros could have the best version? That it's not somehow related to the massive gap in the technology between PS4 and XBO?

Castef

Banned
I'm not even sure what you're trying to say here. That Hideo Kojima somehow, like, sabotaged the game on XBO so that his Sony bros could have the best version? That it's not somehow related to the massive gap in the technology between PS4 and XBO?

Have you ever seen MGS2 on a Xbox?

Amir0x

Banned
Have you ever seen MGS2 on a Xbox?

What does that have to do with anything? MGS2 was specifically built with the strengths of PS2's very complex and awkward technology in mind, it was an exclusive for years. They found it difficult to adapt the engine's PS2 quirks to the Xbox with parity.

That has nothing to do with this situation. Again, are you implying Hideo Kojima specifically neutered the Xbox One version so PS4 could have the best version? Are you denying the PS4's gargantuan technical advantage as the core factor for this tech disparity?

Top Bottom