• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 on XBOX360? EGM Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
mgs4_prelimbox_ps3orgboxart_160w.jpg

Ganondorfo said:
I know that the gameplay is much better than splinter cell, but I think that most gamers do care about presentation and plottwists in their stories, that's why they like metal gear better, if metal gear didn't have a screenwriter like hideo koijima, it would be another forgetful winback.

yea that's 100% true

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
MGS4 would be great, but I'd rather get the next Castlevania on 360. Yes, I know, I'm probably the only one who feels this way.

I seriously doubt this will happen. Even though I'm a Nintendo fan myself, my heart still jumped at that thought lol. That would be insane!

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Ganondorfo said:
I know that the gameplay is much better in splinter cell, but I think that most gamers do care about presentation and plottwists in their stories, that's why they like metal gear better, if metal gear didn't have a screenwriter like hideo koijima, it would be another forgetful winback.
I agree about the gameplay, but I think another thing MGS has in it's favor is boss fights. It's so much more rewarding and feels like you're actually accomplishing somethng. In the SC games, you just go from level to level, and while it's fun, it just laks the satisfaction of knowing you just kicked some bad mammajamma's butt. They did gain a lot of ground w/MGS:Subsistance though. Now all they need to do is fix the first person perspective. I don't care if it's first person or over the shoulder (ex. RE4) but you need to be able to walk around while aiming. It's annoying to be a sitting duck while trying to aim at someone.

1upyours podcast has a small discussion about the possibility of MGS4 on 360 as well as other next-gen exclusives. Worth a listen.

Lorul2

Why all the hate? When 1 up said Lost Planet, and or Dead rising would come to PS3 was there a thread this long? So another PS3 "Third Party" exclusive loses the Exclusive title, is that any reason to.....hmnn maybe it is?:D

Gigglepoo

WhatRuOn said:
Does this mean Peter Moore will have a new tattoo at <insert next event here>??

I don't think MGS would be in the same league as Halo and GTA. Plus, I really don't want to see his ass yet.

Lorul2 said:
Why all the hate? When 1 up said Lost Planet, and or Dead rising would come to PS3 was there a thread this long? So another PS3 "Third Party" exclusive loses the Exclusive title, is that any reason to.....hmnn maybe it is?:D

They will probably finish the PS3 game first and release the 360 version down the line. They are already having trouble making the PS3 game so I doubt they could develop em both simultaneously

Doom_Bringer said:
They will probably finish the PS3 game first and release the 360 version down the line. They are already having trouble making the PS3 game so I doubt they could develop em both simultaneously

Wait, how do you know they are having trouble developing it for PS3?

DigitalSoul said:
Wait, how do you know they are having trouble developing it for PS3?

Its just my assessment from viewing all the trailers so far. Some trailers run at 60 FPS and others have fluctuating frame rates. Seems they haven't finalized what they want to do with the engine, I thought maybe the cell was giving em a hard time

MadOdorMachine said:
MGS4 would be great, but I'd rather get the next Castlevania on 360. Yes, I know, I'm probably the only one who feels this way.

No you're not.:D

Make it 2D and were set.
(edit) ok I'd take a 3D version,easily. But change the 3D around somewhat,a better camera. Anyone remember Draconus Cult of the Wyrm for the DreamCast. The camera had problems but it had a great 3D perspective none the less. I'd love for Castlevania to have that style of pace along with the pretty neat attack and defend sparing system that Draconus had in its day.

Doom_Bringer said:

Dude, WTF are you talking about? <edit: saw your post above>

And as for the rumor, I expected as much...with rising development costs--publishers are going to be pushing for this. SquareEnix, Capcom, and now Konami all NEED to go multiplatform to stay profitable. That's a business decision. But likely, because Kojima is heading this game and given his history with Sony in making this franchise, there is a special circumstance. The MGS series has grown like a 2nd party title for the PlayStation Platform....Sony would give away half of the company to moneyhat Konami before letting the game go multiplatform, or at the very least be a long timed exclusive to the PS3. Another likely happening is that a spin-off of the MGS series will come to other platforms (MGS online).

I'd go with what Che says on this one.

Hunahan

Banned
ferrarimanf355 said:
You know what this thread needs right about now? Puppies. There ya go. :D

My lord.

Human eyes were not built to recieve such high levels of cuteness in such contained bursts. I am currently blinded by this overload of adorabilosity.

Casshern said:
The xbots are many in 1up Shane is one person and he's mocked all the time there. Sometimes I think that the only reason they hired Shane was to have a Sony fan to proove wrong and make fun of.

Between you, Angelcurio, fortified_concept, and Neojubei I seriously have to wonder about the future of gaming. Actually wait I don't have to worry since I can simply ignore the problem until it goes away.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Between you, Angelcurio, fortified_concept, and Neojubei I seriously have to wonder about the future of gaming. Actually wait I don't have to worry since I can simply ignore the problem until it goes away.

I'm so sorry oh objective one. Now can you explain to me how EGM has a Halo 3 cover with a stupid MGS4 rumor on the side while completely ignoring PS3 and Wii the exact month ofthe consoles' launch? They're simply trying too much.

Odysseus

Banned
fortified_concept said:
I'm so sorry oh objective one. My logic is flawed and only you can guide me to the path of rightiousness. Now can you explain to me how EGM has a Halo 3 cover with a stupid MGS4 rumor on the side the exact month of PS3's and Wii's launch completely ignoring the consoles?

Perhaps you can explain how EGM is completely ignoring the PS3 and Wii?

fortified_concept said:
I'm so sorry oh objective one. My logic is flawed and only you can guide me to the path of rightiousness. Now can you explain to me how EGM has a Halo 3 cover with a stupid MGS4 rumor on the side the exact month of PS3's and Wii's launch completely ignoring the consoles?

Sorry but you're out of luck. I was not put here to show you the way.
But last I read:

EGM has a big exclusive on Halo 3 details
There's really not much to cover since PS3/wii reviews won't be in full force until the next issue.
Most everyone has already made up their minds on their next console purchase.
Moneyhats.

Seriously why do you care? Really it's getting to be rather pathetic.

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Sorry but you're out of luck. I was not put here to show you the way.
But last I read:

EGM has a big exclusive on Halo 3 details
There's really not much to cover since PS3/wii reviews won't be in full force until the next issue.
Most everyone has already made up their minds on their next console purchase.
Moneyhats.

Seriously why do you care? Really it's getting to be rather pathetic.

Double standards ftw. You mean if a mag has an inflammatory rumor or article the month X360 launched you wouldn't care? OK I believe you... And although I can accept the Halo 3 cover and the 17 (!!!) pages of coverage just for the multiplayer I can't accept the rumor on the cover. It's just too much.

Odysseus

Banned
fortified_concept said:
Double standards ftw. You mean if a mag has an inflammatory rumor or article the month X360 launched you wouldn't care? OK I believe you... And although I could accept the Halo 3 cover and the 17 (!!!) pages of coverage just just for the multiplayer I can't accept the rumor on the cover. It's just too much.

So what's inflammatory about Halo 3 or Metal Gear Solid 4 possibly appearing on Xbox 360? Seriously?

AniHawk

Odysseus said:
So what's inflammatory about Halo 3 or Metal Gear Solid 4 possibly appearing on Xbox 360? Seriously?
You really DON'T think the gaming community would be in an uproar if Halo 3 appeared on the Xbox 360?

Odysseus

Banned
AniHawk said:
You really DON'T think the gaming community would be in an uproar if Halo 3 appeared on the Xbox 360?

Well, naturally. It's a slap in the face to Wii owners. But what about MGS4?

yeah this does seem like a stunt to me. I think they are trying to persuade people to avoid the PS3. I also think they were probably paid off by MS, I mean how else do you get a big cover story on Halo 3? You have to do something right? or instead of being paid off they probably agreed to run some inflammatory rumors instead.

I am betting a lifetime ban on this: no ****ing way will MGS4 launch simultaneously on PS3 and 360. NO ****ING WAY. Kojima was pretty clear about ports before and he is also a board member at Konami (according to che anyway :p)

Odysseus said:

MGS4 is a rumor that they probably pulled out of their ass and I find it inflammatory especially when it's on the cover the month of PS3's launch. Not to mention the obvious lack of PS3 and Wii coverage the month they're launching while they have a 17 pages long coverage of Halo 3. It's not just one it's a series of misteps that brings me to the conlusion that either EGM has some seriously biased editors or something worse is happening.

In light of remembering something which is kinda indirectly relevant:

Ubisoft has already stated Splinter Cell 5 will be a X360 exclusive...

Just because of that...I guarantee Sony would never allow MGS4 to launch simultaneously on X360. They would, in essense, be losing the whole of the stealth genre to MS. And seeing that MGS and the stealth genre are pretty much associated and synonymous with the Sony name...I'd say chances of seeing it anywhere besides PS3 (at least for a year after it comes out) is slim to nil.

LukeSmith

There are so many people posting in this thread who need to just be removed from the pre-eminent videogame industry discussion forum altogether that it clouds an awful lot of the potential substance that is available from the all too likely inevitability that MGS4 will appear on X360 on account of the simplest of reasons: The Bottom Line.

Delusions of grandeur weren't charming when Han thought Luke was joking about being a Jedi Knight and they aren't charming now.

Odysseus

Banned
fortified_concept said:
MGS4 is a rumor that they probably pulled out of their ass and I find it inflammatory especially when it's on the cover the month of PS3's launch. Not to mention the obvious lack of PS3 and Wii coverage the month they're launching while they have a 17 pages long coverage of Halo 3. It's not just one it's a series of misteps that brings me to the conlusion that either EGM has some seriously biased editors or something worse is happening.

Oh good grief. You have no idea what's inside that issue, as nobody on this forum, least of all you, has read it. The cover that has some of you SDFers up in arms does say they will have a PS3/Wii breakdown, they will have a handful of reviews, and who knows what else they have in store. Also, in this very thread, you have Ziff employees stating that the PS3/Wii info could have been more robust had Sony and Nintendo been a bit more forthcoming with details and, at least in the case of Sony, perhaps some actual hardware. But no, you just want to believe in some grand conspiracy that Ziff has somehow transformed into an entity with a clear bias towards Microsoft.

Fact of the matter is that any magazine ran by people with more intelligence than a single cell bacteria living at the bottom of the ocean would jump on a Halo story if they had the chance. Of course Microsoft picked now as the time to grant that opportunity, why wouldn't they? It's clearly in their best interests to get their number one franchise some pub while two consoles are launching because it's a reminder that their console is not going anywhere. But accusing EGM and Ziff Davis of having bias? Because they had the nerve to run a cover story on the first playable session of one of the two biggest franchises of the past generation?

Put down the kool-aid, folks, it's not what you think it is.

Owzers

fortified_concept said:

Do you not see the " PS3 vs. Wii How do they compare" title on the magazine too? Does that just escape your mind? You know why it does? Because it's not the top story when you have an exclusive article on Halo 3. We've been hearing talk about PS3 and Wii for MONTHS and not a single bit of real Halo 3 info until now. So while you'd like a launch guide that doesn't feature a SINGLE review for PS3 to be the main focus, most gamers here don't. How do you have a real launch guide without reviews? Those are the issues i usually keep from magazines, the first reviews for launch games on a console. Still got some PS2/Dreamcast/Xbox/Gamecube issues saved from their launches.

EDIT: I got beaten by two minutes, I blame EGM/1up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom