• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 08 Gears of War 2 thread of amazing trailers

JimiNutz

Banned
whitehawk said:
Holy shit yes :D :lol

We need more GIFS STAT :D

Yeah we need some more gifs up in this bitch
Unfortunately I have zero gif making abilities :(

Wonder if that's all we're gonna see of Gears at E3 this year? Would be nice to see some Horde MP video, or maybe even just more footage of people playing the other MP modes.

dankir said:
Anybody have bigger pics?

315iy5x.jpg

My friend who provided me with that one says the one for LE should be coming next couple of days.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thanks for the large version Kibbles - man that boxart is hot!

Speaking of the boxart, you can see Carmine with his new helmet in the bottom left next to a regular-helmetted COG (like what he wore in Gears 1) - I hope the guys at Epic give us the choice of both helmets, even if they have to just give us a new character with the old helmet...

Hellraizer said:

THIS is how you promote a huge game - I haven't even watched it yet, as I will when I get home, but ever since the official reveal, we've been steadily getting info about Gears 2, till they literally started bombarding up for the last 3 weeks with vids - this is how you please the fans by constantly giving us info and interviews, and it basically is a sign that development is going smoothly...

The games you don't hear zilch about are always the ones with problems or about to get a huge delay...

Zezboob

Seriously what MS is doing ?

I expected to see more media.
Did I miss some video ? I expected more than 2 seconds of Horde mode in a short gameplay montage. I expected some direct feed of the level showed at the conf.

Press impressions is good but totally not sufficient for me. Disappointed.

I really hope that MS and Epic will show more before the end of E3.

HugBasket

Banned
Zezboob said:

Did I miss some video ? I expected more than 2 seconds of Horde mode in a short gameplay montage. I expected some direct feed of the level showed at the conf.

It is bloody palace for Gears of War, what do you need to see?

FrankT

Zezboob said:

Just got word HD footage has hit the MP, but haven't checked myself yet.

JimiNutz

Banned
Hellraizer said:

:lol Nice

Zezboob said:

We're all hungry for info and it's true I'd like to have seen MS/Epic space out the info they reveal rather than blow their entire load on day 1 of E3, but you're still being a little unfair.

They've shown 2 levels of SP campaign now (which is more than enough-don't want it all spoiled.) They've revealed a bunch of new enemies, a bunch of new weapons, new vehicles, and we've seen a lot of MP footage-again they need to save some surprises for release.

I agree it would have been nice to see more of Horde but from what I've read it doesn't sound completely ready to be put on display for the public yet-sounds like there are a few framrate and AI issues to iron out first.

Zezboob

Prvt.Pegleg said:
It is bloody palace for Gears of War, what do you need to see?
Like I said, some direct feed of the demo and a little more from horde. :D

Jtyettis said:
Just got word HD footage has hit the MP, but haven't checked myself yet.
Yep, just checked on US MP, 371,32Mo !

Can't wait !

NutJobJim said:
We're all hungry for info and it's true I'd like to have seen MS/Epic space out the info they reveal rather than blow their entire load on day 1 of E3, but you're still being a little unfair.

They've shown 2 levels of SP campaign now (which is more than enough-don't want it all spoiled.) They've revealed a bunch of new enemies, a bunch of new weapons, new vehicles, and we've seen a lot of MP footage-again they need to save some surprises for release.

I agree it would have been nice to see more of Horde but from what I've read it doesn't sound completely ready to be put on display for the public yet-sounds like there are a few framrate and AI issues to iron out first.
Yep, that's true. But seriously the gametrailer montage was so much a cocktease :(
I just hope that the HD video on market place is some direct feed, in good quality and it will be ok for me :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yes, it's direct footage, and in glorious HD, right down to the stage recordings are in HD...

Resident Evil 5, Fallout 3, LIPS live presentations are all there in direct feed as well...

And yes, I'd like to see some more Horde footage, but asking "where's the footage" after what they've put out over the past few weeks is pure madness...

P.S.: that Campaign demo footage in HD is delicious...

DKo5 said:
I'm not seeing any new footage on the marketplace. WHEREWHEREWHEREWHERE?

In the E3 2008 group in the list...

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Skilotonn said:
In the E3 2008 group in the list...

Ahh yes! thanks!

Jtyettis said:
I must be blind where are these videos at on the MP. As I looked and didn't locate.

Don't look under Gears of War 2, look under E3 2008.

I hate the way the Marketplace is organized >:|

FFChris

Shouldn't have turned Marcus's head on the box art, doesn't look as cool. Still looks good though. The actual wallpaper the box art comes from is brilliant in itself.

FrankT

DKo5 said:
Ahh yes! thanks!

Don't look under Gears of War 2, look under E3 2008.

I hate the way the Marketplace is organized >:|

Ah found it, lots of good stuff there, yea they need a big pointer saying this way. Another reason I cannot wait for the update.

Zezboob

Looked fabulous and badass.

I hope that Blimblim will encode it :D

Is it just me or the video wasn't fluid ?

RSTEIN said:
this E3 has sucked for the marketplace.
True, the first "Bringing at Home" is still the best, by far.

FrankT

Had a chance to sit down with the direct feed HD footage. In the words of Marcus Fenix;

Un-be-liv-able.

So Nov 7th is a Friday, I would only assume a midnight launch will be in order.

KTallguy

Banned
I was playing some Gears 1 today, and while Gears 2 does look slightly like Gears 1 (slightly), Gears 1 looks fuck awesome, so I don't think it's a huge deal :lol

And the 1up show demo was great. I'll definitely be playing this game.

RBH

As far as the official Gears 2 thread goes, I feel that Aladuf should get the honors, with BruceLeeRoy and m0dus contributing artwork as well.

I'm going to have to replay the SP campaign in Gears soon to get rid of any rust. Hype increasing!

karasu said:
I really dislike the way these games look.
Blimblim said:
This is why I love GAF. :lol

Hey Jim, thanks for linking our podcast.

Wow, what an awesome list of Gears 2 media!!! I just got a chance to watch the 1UP Show and for some reason it had stopped downloading and started playing 3/4th's of the way through! =( Gotta re-download to finish watching the Gears goodness.

Thinking about starting to play Gears on Live again to get practiced up again. I still play it from time to time anyway, but possibly making it a more frequent thing. Gears 2 looks amazing.

Aladuf

Banned
RBH said:
As far as the official Gears 2 thread goes, I feel that Aladuf should get the honors, with BruceLeeRoy and m0dus contributing artwork as well.
Thanks. :D

I would love to do it, I had a blast making the Meat Cube hype thread a couple months back and would be stoked to do a thread with the skills of m0dus again and BruceLeeRoy now.

Aladuf

Banned
oh shit! I just saw this when I was looking at the Gears 2 Limited Edition on gamestop.com.
http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=69460
Get your hands on the most complete Gears of War 2 experience available! The Gears of War 2: Limited Edition includes the following bonus materials:

* "Beneath the Surface: An Inside Look at Gears of War 2," a 48-page hardbound book including character profiles, exclusive concept art, and foreword by Design Director Cliff Bleszinski
* Bonus DVD including exclusive making-of-the-game video footage, design galleries with audio commentary by Epic Games, and promotional videos including the E3 2008 trailer, "Rendezvous"
* Dominic and Maria Keepsake Photo
* SteelBook™ DVD case
* Exclusive Xbox LIVE code to unlock a gold-plated Lancer Assault Rifle for online play

:lol a mother fucking gold-plated Lancer, that's so awesome. I'm glad I've got my LE pre order down.

Proelite

Aladuf said:
oh shit! I just saw this when I was looking at the Gears 2 Limited Edition on gamestop.com.

:lol a mother fucking gold-plated Lancer, that's so awesome. I'm glad I've got my LE pre order down.

Damn, Cliffy is got to make sure you're chainsawing someone in style. Look at the grills on my chainsaw bitches! That is seriously awesome. This game is like all the machoest shit you can find in life rolled into a game. Let me list.

1. AR with a chainsaw on it.
2. Portable mini gun
3. Tank turret on a monster truck
4. Big ass 18 wheeler
5. Explosive arrows
6. Sticky grenades
7. Flame thrower
8. Portable mortar
9. Rocket on a T-Rex
10. Laser beam from space

All they need is a gun that sprays pure testosterone.

pr0cs

cartoon_soldier said:
The E3 trailer, needs to become the TV Ad/Theater Ad for the game.
some of my more casual friends still liked the mad world trailer more.. which I don't understand. I thought Rendezvous was a much more badass trailer.
It might be too long for a TV commercial though.

pr0cs said:
some of my more casual friends still liked the mad world trailer more.. which I don't understand. I thought Rendezvous was a much more badass trailer.
It might be too long for a TV commercial though.

They can cut it off to show the part where he comes onto the fight and rushes in.

Of course, they can make another bad ass trailer if they want to. After Mad World and the Redezvous, I have full faith in them to make another kick ass one.

JimiNutz

Banned
SweetTea023 said:
Hey Jim, thanks for linking our podcast.

Wow, what an awesome list of Gears 2 media!!! I just got a chance to watch the 1UP Show and for some reason it had stopped downloading and started playing 3/4th's of the way through! =( Gotta re-download to finish watching the Gears goodness.

No problem man, really enjoyed listening to it, sounds like you guys had a blast playing MP and I was squealing like a little girl when I heard you'd be taking on Reavers and those huge lizard like enemies called Bloodmounts in Horde mode. Do you guys have any more upcoming Gears podcasts?

As for the Gold Lancer code that comes with the LE :lol
Personally I was hoping for some replica COG tags-geeky I know.
Maybe they're saving those for Gears 3

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Aladuf said:

Not like I didn't need that to order the Gears 2 LE like I did the first, but a Gold-plated Lancer? THAT is awesome!

Hopefully it's true!

EDIT: I just came across the G4TV demo from Cliff here: http://e3.g4tv.com/e32008/videos/27001/Face_Time_Gears_of_War_2_Demo.html

Top Bottom