• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 08 Gears of War 2 thread of amazing trailers

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Aladuf said:
Oh god the boxart is so hot, the Gears whore in me will probably be buying the normal edition and LE too.

I know right! Wtf! This is almost maddening how great this game will be.

I think it looks better with Marcus looking towards the player/customer/buyer...just my opinion.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
dear god.... that walkthrough. thats not the game. it cant be the game, it has to be a custo made demo section or something.

other shooters should cower in fear right now :eek:

KdoubleA

_tetsuo_ said:
dear god.... that walkthrough. thats not the game. it cant be the game, it has to be a custo made demo section or something.

other shooters should cower in fear right now :eek:

It is...and they should....because it fuckin' kicks ass!! :D

Going over the previews and everything revealed so far, I'm really impressed by what Epic has managed to add in Gears 2...It looks phenomenal, and we already know how awesome it plays!!

JimiNutz

Banned
Cool. Hope they include it with the collectors edition because I love the artstyle of the Gears universe. That picture of Marcus and co surrounded by hundreds of fellow gears with all the Ravens buzzing around in the background is so fucking epic.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
NutJobJim said:
Cool. Hope they include it with the collectors edition because I love the artstyle of the Gears universe. That picture of Marcus and co surrounded by hundreds of fellow gears with all the Ravens buzzing around in the background is so fucking epic.

This. I can't wait to get the fucking Limited Edition.

whitehawk

Banned
Black_Ice said:
This. I can't wait to get the fucking Limited Edition.
Well I might get the LE, depending on what it includes.

But fuck, this is the GOTY, no question about it. Fuck everything else.

Spruchy

Thank you Epic for snatching one of your best modes from UT and sticking into another one of your game series that has surpassed UT.

My mind is fucking blown here people. Its like they took everything cool about the original Gears, tripled it, threw in some Bioshock and God of War for good measure, and then pushed the visuals past the current paradigm.

When all is said and done, comparing this game to the original Gears will be like comparing Super Mario World to Super Mario Bros.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Thank you arne for the snaps of the Gears 2 mini-artbook - I totally love Gears' art - that's why I just HAD to have the LE Gears guide book with that big hard cover art book along with it, and I'm sure they will do the same with Gears 2 again, and you better believe that I'm getting that one too! :D

Love how the art covers a little history also, with the Lancer pre-chainsaw - nice...

P.S.: I only noticed it right before I was about to sleep last night from the Campaign demo footage from last night that the tip of the Lancer actually glows red from the heat when you're finishing up a clip, and then this morning while checking the Gametrailers 5 minutes of multiplayer clip I saw it was there as well - very, very nice touch!

Onions

This is too awesome for my brain to comprehend, I must succumb. Count me in, how could I possibly resist? I have a redndevouz with death.

Mark V

arne said:
Just got back
spying for the enemy
from the Gears 2 event in LA with a fancy art book in hand. Took a couple (really bad) photos... there's plenty more pages.

Nice, thanks for sharing pics Arne and glad you enjoyed the event. :) I thought they announced the contents of the Limited Edition already? If not, look for details of that soon. And also be on the lookout for interviews with John DiMaggio, Carlos Ferro and Rasta popping up soon, those guys amped up the Gears 2 event last night to an unbelievable level, it was crazy fun. Also plenty of great interviews coming soon with Cliff, Rod Fergusson and Josh Ortega!

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Mark V said:
Nice, thanks for sharing pics Arne and glad you enjoyed the event. :) I thought they announced the contents of the Limited Edition already? If not, look for details of that soon. And also be on the lookout for interviews with John DiMaggio, Carlos Ferro and Rasta popping up soon, those guys amped up the Gears 2 event last night to an unbelievable level, it was crazy fun. Also plenty of great interviews coming soon with Cliff, Rod Fergusson and Josh Ortega!

LE details and more?

Good shit.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
If I still had any doubts or reservations about this title - it's all out the window now. The new environments (holy fuck about the whole city going to pieces in that trailer!), new weapons (is there any type of weapon Gears 2 right now does NOT have? Minigun, grenade launcher-esque thingie, MINIGUN, Flamethrower), all the new interesting new Locust types, the Horde mode.. November can't come soon enough.

BeeDog

Thought Gears Of War was a good game, but this looks like it will completely rape the first game in every way. My interest has peaked.

Cdammen

The engine improvements are substantial and it does really show in the single player walkthrough. And I squealed like a little pig when Marcus mentioned riding the Brumak :D

Manp

Blimblim said:
dante2.jpg

:lol

i swear, it always makes me laugh :lol

:)

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Looks simply incredible. I am giddy with anticipation for playing this came co-op. Gears 1 remains to this day probably my favorite co-op title

tedtropy said:
Looks simply incredible. I am giddy with anticipation for playing this came co-op. Gears 1 remains to this day probably my favorite co-op title

Seriously, think od all they're adding feature wise...

Party System
Matchmaking
Fixing the Network code
5v5 Multiplayer
Several New Multiplayer Modes
New 5-Player Co-Op Mode
Tons of New Weapons and Enemies
Amazing Graphical Improvements

Add that all the what was already a great game, in single-player, Co-Op and in multiplayer on Live...Gears 2 is going to be fucking amazing.

jesus christ epic turn down the rimlighting. screens look nice. but im not seeing the dynamic lighting they were talking about, making the characters stand out.

JimiNutz

Banned
Finally got round to listening to the 1UP FM podcast (link in OP) in which they talk about Gears2 and one of the guys suggested that maybe you're going to be able to use the shield to execute people by severing their heads Gladiator style :D

They couldn't confirm or deny if this was definitely in but say they heard some of the testers whispering about it

carpal

If anybody is interested, the song behind that poem in the trailer is called Diabolical Craker. It's from the album "The Red Line" by Trans Am. It's a great album.

51QLpY0BYlL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Dyno

That Rendevous trailer did everything a trailer should. It stirred my soul with the literary passage, it got me hyped with the visuals, and I didn't learn anything about the story itself.

That's how you do it, well done Cliff B. and Co.!

pr0cs

The 'Rendevous' trailer was probably one of the best game trailers I've ever seen. I didn't think they could outdo the 'mad world' trailer from Gears1 but the 'Rendevous' trailer I've watched several times now and I'm so excited to play the sequel.

Kibbles

Prine said:
Still not convinced with the shooting. Reticle sucks as well

Im gonna put this at the back of the queue
Gameplay was fun as hell in the first, it can only get better.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Awesome. Very very awesome. I will see you in the pits, my friend. (I won't make it past Wave Seven.)
Oh most definitely. We'll just have to draft some ringers to help us out. :lol

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
NutJobJim said:
Cool I'll check it out

New interview with Cliff featuring a little footage from Horde and a sneak peak at the mortar in action.
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14232680/gears-of-war-2/videos/gears2interview_071408.html

Wow man, thanks for that!

Great info about the Tickers as well - I thought they were just similar to Lambent Wretches from the first one, but Cliff says that you can actually melee these things to send them flying through the air, and then shoot them to detonate them from far or even in the air - awesome!

And the Mortal gun - VERY cool!

Omne

Banned
It looks like more of the same, but damn does it look good (and fun). I will definitely be picking this up on November 7th.

Aladuf

Banned
Skilotonn said:
P.S.: I only noticed it right before I was about to sleep last night from the Campaign demo footage from last night that the tip of the Lancer actually glows red from the heat when you're finishing up a clip, and then this morning while checking the Gametrailers 5 minutes of multiplayer clip I saw it was there as well - very, very nice touch!
I caught that too yesterday when I was watching the footage too. Very cool little detail they added there.

JimiNutz

Banned
Skilotonn said:
Wow man, thanks for that!

Great info about the Tickers as well - I thought they were just similar to Lambent Wretches from the first one, but Cliff says that you can actually melee these things to send them flying through the air, and then shoot them to detonate them from far or even in the air - awesome!

And the Mortal gun - VERY cool!

Yeah the Tickers sound great. I'm pretty sure in one of the videos I saw a Gear melee one and send it flying. Would be great to melee one into a bunch of Locusts and watch the limbs fly.

carpal said:
If anybody is interested, the song behind that poem in the trailer is called Diabolical Craker. It's from the album "The Red Line" by Trans Am. It's a great album.

51QLpY0BYlL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Thanks, checking it out, just because the trailer was so good....:D

Top Bottom