• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Playstation Blog update? No?

matticus

Dibbz said:
This Konami ID thing is bullshit. Seriously wtf is Konami doing? If you need this shit to even play MGO they are limiting their online userbase right out the fucking door. I mean half of GAF doesn't even have a clue wtf is going on, how are other gamers even going to understand this?!

FFS Konami just stick with PSN you tards.

Ashhong

i was expecting details on the MGS4 headset. i guess theyre saving that for future mondays.

do you guys think the quality of it, like how well it works, will be better than the official ps3 one? such a hard choice

For "prospective" Canadians, use this random address

Address: 4 Metal Gear Solid Drive (or if you prefer to keep it on safe side: 40 Yonge Street)
City: Outer Haven (Or if you prefer to keep it on safe side: Toronto)
Province: Ontario

Postal Code: L5V1B8

:p

If you want any random Canadian postal code, they always follow this pattern: A1B2C3.
Total of 6 figures: character following a number.

DrBo42

Getting into the MGO beta has made me buy a PS3. I've got an 80gb and a DS3 heading to my home now. Oh boy. :lol

EGM92

I don't know what's been happening in this thread about this Konami ID thing but is it mandatory to make one to play the MGO beta?

oneHeero said:
Do we have to go to this site people are talking about to register? Or can we just wait?

EGM92 said:
I don't know what's been happening in this thread about this Konami ID thing but is it mandatory to make one to play the MGO beta?

Yup. You can wait if you want, but it's better to get it over with now, you don't want to have to go though that horrible site with the PS3 browser :(

dkeane

Sorry if it's been brought up but it keeps saying the the email address I'm using is already registered. I've tried 3 different addresses I use, none have worked. Is this site fucked up?

Okay, I'm getting the error:

This e-mail address has already been registered along with a different KONAMI ID.
An e-mail address can not be registered for multiple KONAMI ID's.
Please register a different e-mail address or delete the KONAMI ID that is registered with the e-mail address you have tried to register.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Any data, monthly tickets and points can not be transferred to your new KONAMI ID should you choose to do this.

But this is definitely not true (used my work email, doublechecked by using the 'forgot my konami id' service and it said my email wasn't in use). What the fuck, Konami? Why can't I just register this stupid shit?

Zoe

badcrumble said:
But this is definitely not true (used my work email, doublechecked by using the 'forgot my konami id' service and it said my email wasn't in use). What the fuck, Konami? Why can't I just register this stupid shit?

Did you sign up for an ID on the Japanese site?

You can't log into the US site with a Japanese account, but the e-mail will still come up as taken.

studio810 said:
Sorry if it's been brought up but it keeps saying the the email address I'm using is already registered. I've tried 3 different addresses I use, none have worked. Is this site fucked up?

Using Firefox? I got a bunch of errors with that (including the email one), so I switched over to IE and got though.

Zoe said:
Did you sign up for an ID on the Japanese site?

You can't log into the US site with a Japanese account, but the e-mail will still come up as taken.
No. It's not my fault, I have tried multiple email addresses, including ones that I know don't exist, and it says they're all taken.

ThirstyFly, I'm using Safari, the man's browser.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Firewire said:
Yes for the second time!

Thanks.

Now

"Your KONAMI ID must be 8-32 characters in length using lower case letters, numbers, hyphens (-), underscores (_), and periods (.)."

WrikaWrek

So what's wrong here. Do i need to add hyphen and underscores and shit? I don't understand.

Ceb

WrikaWrek said:
Thanks.

Now

WrikaWrek

So what's wrong here. Do i need to add hyphen and underscores and shit? I don't understand.

You have to do it like this:

wrikawrek

Can't use capital letters.

Zoe

WrikaWrek said:
WrikaWrek

"Your KONAMI ID must be 8-32 characters in length using lower case letters, numbers, hyphens (-), underscores (_), and periods (.)."

deejay8595

my posts are "MEH"
What are you guys talking about?

I doubt you need to go through the Konami site to play MGO..This is what I got in my email...

You are qualified to participate in the Metal Gear® Online Beta promotion!

This allows you to participate in the exclusive, limited time, private Beta of Metal Gear® Online! Carefully follow the instructions within this email and use your Unique Product Voucher Code to retrieve the Metal Gear® Online Beta. Print a copy of this email to redeem the Unique Product Voucher Code below. Good luck and thank you for your participation!

Your Unique Product Voucher Code:
[ ************]

Download will be Available:
April 17th – May 5th, 2008

Gameplay Available:
April 21st – May 5th, 2008

To download the Metal Gear® Online Beta from the PLAYSTATION®Network:

1. Open a Master Account on the PLAYSTATION®Network (or use an existing Master Account)
2. From the PLAYSTATION®Network icon on the XMB, select ‘Account Manager’
3. Enter ‘Transaction Management’
4. Select Redeem PLAYSTATION®Network card or Promotional Code.
5. Enter voucher code. Please note that the voucher code is case-sensitive and must be entered exactly as displayed.

Once the voucher code has been entered correctly, click continue. Once you accept the terms you will be taken to the download screen.

PLAYSTATION®Network is not used for online play. PLAYSTATION®Network settings may not apply during online play of this title.

Do not share your Product Voucher Code with anyone. The code can only be used once. You will not be able to receive another code should you share your code with others.

For questions and comments, please email us at mgobetasupport@konami.com
For more information and updates, please visit www.konami.com

Date of availability subject to change. Konami does not warrant that you will be able to download, connect or access the beta site. Subject to ESRB rating, you may need to be 17 or over to participate in Metal Gear® Online Beta.

Information collected through this promotion is subjected to our Privacy Policy
Online Interactions not rated by the ESRB.

BigBoss

deejay8595 said:
What are you guys talking about?

I doubt you need to go through the Konami site to play MGO..This is what I got in my email...

After you do everything in that email you'll have to register a Konami ID, its better to do it now and get it over with.

dkeane

dralla said:
hey don't worry, I'm sure it'll work on the PS3 browser!
Well I did just try the Wii browser and I got the same email address error. I'll try later this week. I've wasted WAY too much time fucking with this shitty website.

I though it was because I'm using a mac (not listed on their requirements page), the Wii is.

I'm getting the same email error. Didn't work in Safari or Firefox for me. Oh, when they ask for a gamer password 4-16 numbers in length does that mean the pass has to be all numerals or is alphanumeric possible?

Frog

This e-mail address has already been registered along with a different KONAMI ID.
An e-mail address can not be registered for multiple KONAMI ID's.
Please register a different e-mail address or delete the KONAMI ID that is registered with the e-mail address you have tried to register.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Any data, monthly tickets and points can not be transferred to your new KONAMI ID should you choose to do this.

Site is fucked.

Firewire

Banned
I had no problems with Firefox and I know someone ele that used Safari with no problems.

Konami ID is very case sensitive, also do not try a fake e-mail, as the final registration step works by a link that Konami e-mails you!

WrikaWrek

Banned
Bah what a piece of shit.

Gives the email error, so i go check and says there's no email like this registered, then i do it again and gives the error.

That's some poor coding.

SSM25

alterno69 said:
I live in Mexico and i can't acces the konami page but i did register on the other site and got my code.

I live in Mexico too, what's the other page you talk about?

Firewire

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Bah what a piece of shit.

Gives the email error, so i go check and says there's no email like this registered, then i do it again and gives the error.

That's some poor coding.
I think the site gives these errors automatically when its getting slammed, its just unable to verify so it gives out the error.

What's the deal with having two separate ID's? They should have just let you use PSN. Having a Konami ID and a Konami gamer ID seems a little bit too excessive. What is the purpose of either one?

Top Bottom