• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Playstation Blog update? No?

BigBoss

My main worry with Konami running everything is that we're going to get screwed over like with the original MGO when Konami shutdown the servers less than a year after they went up.

IzumiK

Banned
Can anyone enter their voucher code now or we have to wait for the 17th? Mine says invalid so I assume we have to wait or someone stole my code.

I3rand0

I can't get this shitty site to accept my gamer id pass. I've tried combinations with just about everything, does it need to include the same parameters as the id's?

Epix

I3rand0 said:
I can't get this shitty site to accept my gamer id pass. I've tried combinations with just about everything, does it need to include the same parameters as the id's?
Make sure you're not including any capital letters. Took me a while to figure that one out.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Since i'm Euro i don't have to worry about this whole id shit right now right?

And any word on the SE? I want to pre order.

I3rand0

Epix said:
Make sure you're not including an capital letters. Took me a while to figure that one out.
It's still not working with no caps. This is so god damn frustrating, I've seriously been stuck on this registration for almost a half hour.

IzumiK said:
Can anyone enter their voucher code now or we have to wait for the 17th? Mine says invalid so I assume we have to wait or someone stole my code.

Since people keep asking:

Yes, it means your code is invalid and someone stole it and is enjoying the game right now.

Firewire

Banned
IzumiK said:
You have to wait till the 17th. No one stole it!

DarkJC

GalacticAE said:
Since people keep asking:

Yes, it means your code is invalid and someone stole it and is enjoying the game right now.

:lol

I'm tempted to go along with this since it was so easy to read the PS Blog post that gives you step by step instructions on how it's all going to go down.

Firewire

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Since i'm Euro i don't have to worry about this whole id shit right now right?

And any word on the SE? I want to pre order.
You have to do it as well, either now or on the 21st.

Firewire

Banned
I3rand0 said:
It's still not working with no caps. This is so god damn frustrating, I've seriously been stuck on this registration for almost a half hour.
Post the ID you are attempting to get, so we can tell you whats wrong!

I3rand0

Epix said:
:D

He's probably having trouble with the 4 sec inactivity timer.

It's not that at all, it just won't accept any Gamer ID password. Please try to register for another account and see the bullshit I'm having to put up with.

Metalmurphy said:
That registration page is still broken. My password is fine, and it says it's not.

Glad I'm not the only one going through this nonsense.

DarkJC

Epix said:
:D

He's probably having trouble with the 4 sec inactivity timer.

Yeah holy shit you need to be on your toes, any delay and it'll say session expired. So frustrating, it doesn't make sense to have session expiry on forms in the first place. (or at least nothing shorter than 30-60 min)

It's not that at all, it just won't accept any Gamer ID password. Please try to register for another account and see the bullshit I'm having to put up with.

Gamer ID passwords have to be pure numbers you realize?

Epix

I3rand0 said:
NOTE: The GAME ID password is numbers only. :D

Firewire

Banned
I3rand0 said:

Glad I'm not the only one going through this nonsense.
numbers only!

Firewire said:
You're not using spaces or dashes right?
I'm using numbers and letters combinations, it's really wierd the errors its giving me.

if I put E3E 3 it says:
Your zip code must be within 4 characters in length.
Your zip code must be within 3 characters in length.

with E 2E2 i just get:

(btw, the space there is just to show the 2 forms, i'm not putting spaces)

Dibbz

This Konami ID thing is bullshit. Seriously wtf is Konami doing? If you need this shit to even play MGO they are limiting their online userbase right out the fucking door. I mean half of GAF doesn't even have a clue wtf is going on, how are other gamers even going to understand this?!

FFS Konami just stick with PSN you tards.

Firewire

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
I'm using numbers and letters combinations, it's really wierd the errors its giving me.

if I put E3E 3 it says:

with E 2E2 i just get:

(btw, the space there is just to show the 2 forms, i'm not putting spaces)
weird!
Mine is L4C6K3 in Canada, try it!

Epix said:
Use 85251 AZ
Wth, it doesn't even let me put more then 3 chars on the first form :lol

If I put 852 51AZ I get the:

I'm guessing the form changes for each country and the Portuguese one is DEAD WRONG.

Ceb

Dibbz said:
This Konami ID thing is bullshit. Seriously wtf is Konami doing? If you need this shit to even play MGO they are limiting their online userbase right out the fucking door. I mean half of GAF doesn't even have a clue wtf is going on, how are other gamers even going to understand this?!

Indeed. Such a bone-headed move that I just can't comprehend...

Firewire

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Wth, it doesn't even let me put more then 3 chars on the first form :lol

If I put 852 51AZ I get the:

I'm guessing the form changes for each country and the Portuguese one is DEAD WRONG.
Try a different country, Konami doesn't like Portugal I guess!

WrikaWrek

Banned
Dibbz said:

Do i need this too (Euro)?

Acid08

Banned
I went through the whole process and it was really fucking stupid. I couldn't put my PSN name for the game name because the piece of shit needs 8 characters at least and no capitol letters.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Will my Japanese konami ID work? I made one for the Japanese MGO beta...and I can log in fine. Everything just changes to Japanese.

I3rand0

Y2Kev said:
Will my Japanese konami ID work? I made one for the Japanese MGO beta...and I can log in fine. Everything just changes to Japanese.

Not sure but I created a JP one too. You can log into the JP page and del it, but it wont let you use the same Konami ID again.

Epix

Acid08 said:
I went through the whole process and it was really fucking stupid. I couldn't put my PSN name for the game name because the piece of shit needs 8 characters at least and no capitol letters.
Add to that the fact that your GAME ID can't match your Konami ID and it quickly gets suicidal.

Top Bottom