• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Playstation Blog update? No?

wow, the konami id shit is retarded. im just gonna write down my username/password and e-mail it to myself. aint no way in hell im gonna remember all of this shit

gbovo

LiK said:
konami ID required. there's no other way to play the beta from what i read. when the beta goes live you will log in with your konami and game id.
Is the Konami ID required just for the beta, or will the final game also require us to have a Konami ID?

Firewire

Banned
gbovo said:
Is the Konami ID required just for the beta, or will the final game also require us to have a Konami ID?

I think the final MGO will require it. I got the sense that all Konami online games run this way from there site.

LiK

Firewire said:
I think the final MGO will require it. I got the sense that all Konami online games run this way from there site.

yea, looks like the IDs will be required for all future Konami games online (for Sony at least) from the way their site is set up. i checked the terms of service and it seems Konami will monitor the games online and they can suspend or cancel your ID if you break the rules.

gbovo

LiK said:
yea, looks like the IDs will be required for all future Konami games online (for Sony at least) from the way their site is set up. i checked the terms of service and it seems Konami will monitor the games online and they can suspend or cancel your ID if you break the rules.
that's messed up. Why don't they just use our PSN id's like every other PS3 game?

LiK

gbovo said:
that's messed up. Why don't they just use our PSN id's like every other PS3 game?

no clue. my guess is that konami wants to maintain control over their online games for MGO at least. i guess it's easier to keep track of players with the ID system than rely on Sony's PSN IDs

gbovo

LiK said:
no clue. my guess is that konami wants to maintain control over their online games for MGO at least. i guess it's easier to keep track of players with the ID system than rely on Sony's PSN IDs
why can't they just use a system that links to our PSN id's (superficially) but still based on their network if they want to monitor user activity.

LiK

gbovo said:
why can't they just use a system that links to our PSN id's (superficially) but still based on their network if they want to monitor user activity.

dunno, but i'm hoping the final game will link our Konami IDs to our PSN IDs.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I'm confused. So, since European MGO beta is free, we don't need to sign up to get the code, right? How do we get Konami ID for MGO beta then?

dralla

gbovo said:

Konami is Japanese company, I don't think any Japanese company is that online-savy, Western devs are the ones pushing the online gaming space. Just look at what MS did with the Windows Live ID, that allowed Bungie to do all that stat tracking a community features on their website through XBL.

LiK

ilanna said:
I'm confused. So, since European MGO beta is free, we don't need to sign up to get the code, right? How do we get Konami ID for MGO beta then?

you get the Konami ID from Konami's ID site when you sign up. the drop down menu has a list of european countries.

my friend just told me that when you sign up for it, you'll need to register to get the code during a procress that's similar to Japan. so i might be wrong about not getting a code.

gbovo

dralla said:
Konami is Japanese company, I don't think any Japanese company is that online-savy, Western devs are the ones pushing the online gaming space. Just look at what MS did with the Windows Live ID, that allowed Bungie to do all that stat tracking a community features on their website through XBL.
I don't really care what goes on with XBL. Sony has provided an online id system for their platform for developers to use for their online games. Every PS3 game released so far has utilized that system 9including Japanese PS3 online games like Ridge Racer and GT5p). I don't see why Konami can't do the same.

dralla

gbovo said:
I don't really care what goes on with XBL. Sony has provided an online id system for their platform for developers to use for their online games. Every PS3 game released so far has utilized that system 9including Japanese PS3 online games like Ridge Racer and GT5p). I don't see why Konami can't do the same.

Well, games like GT5P and Hotshots are missing basic features like voice chat. Sony's "hands-off" approach alows shit like that, as well as letting Konami use their own service. It's just different philosophies regarding online gaming among Western and Eastern devs. Sony really should grow some balls and implement some guidlines for all online games.

joesmokey

Finally registered my Konami ID, yeah not a fun process.

Was able to pick up a MGS Saga dvd still at Gamestop today, so I'll be around for the beta afterall :)

PSN - joesmokey

Firewire

Banned
dralla said:
Well, games like GT5P and Hotshots are missing basic features like voice chat. Sony's "hands-off" approach alows shit like that, as well as letting Konami use their own service. It's just different philosophies regarding online gaming among Western and Eastern devs. Sony really should grow some balls and implement some guidlines for all online games.

In regards to GT5P, Kaz said in the past they don't want chatting during the race as it can easily become a distraction. He wants the players to remain focused on their driving.

As for Hotshots I can easily see it being a problem while playing, as others can attempt to distract or spook someone about to take a shot.

To my knowledge both games have voice chat, but keep them in the lobbies only.

LiK

Firewire said:
In regards to GT5P, Kaz said in the past they don't want chatting during the race as it can easily become a distraction. He wants the players to remain focused on their driving.

As for Hotshots I can easily see it being a problem while playing, as others can attempt to distract or spook someone about to take a shot.

To my knowledge both games have voice chat, but keep them in the lobbies only.

would be nice if they gave you an option to hear voices in the actual games. when i played Forza 2 on Live with friends it was hilarious when we all crashed and laughed about it. Sony could put a Mute All option or something.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Hmm registering for Konami ID was VERY easy for me!! But they didn't give me any code at the end so I'm guessing I won't be needing it to download beta :D

Oh and thank you BigBoss :D

Is there a certain date to enter in the code? I just tried late night and the message I was given was that my code was invalid. I tried a few more times with no success. Are we suppose to wait until the 17th or at some other time?

BigBoss

Rice-Eater said:
Is there a certain date to enter in the code? I just tried late night and the message I was given was that my code was invalid. I tried a few more times with no success. Are we suppose to wait until the 17th or at some other time?

You have to wait until the 17th, though you can register your Konami ID right now.

LiK

Rice-Eater said:

yup, wait until the 17th to get it. Sony blog said you'll only get an error message before that

Firewire

Banned
LiK said:
would be nice if they gave you an option to hear voices in the actual games. when i played Forza 2 on Live with friends it was hilarious when we all crashed and laughed about it. Sony could put a Mute All option or something.

Leaving it as an option would have been the best route & maybe for GT5 it will be there, but I doubt it. Its the approach that Polyphony takes to their game, its a serious competition based on driving skill and lap times. I really think they don't want to have the game come down to mouthing off and people retaliating by crashing into others because of it.

I'm actually surprised about Kaz doing damage in GT5, because I always got the sense that he did not like games that promoted ruining cars like some others have.

The option would be ok for Hotshots if everyone agreed to it from the lobby or something. But again even with the fun nature of the game, the Japanese take their behavior in golf very seriously, thats probably why it isn't an option.

LiK

Firewire said:
Leaving it as an option would have been the best route & maybe for GT5 it will be there, but I doubt it. Its the approach that Polyphony takes to their game, its a serious competition based on driving skill and lap times. I really think they don't want to have the game come down to mouthing off and people retaliating by crashing into others because of it.

I'm actually surprised about Kaz doing damage in GT5, because I always got the sense that he did not like games that promoted ruining cars like some others have.

The option would be ok for Hotshots if everyone agreed to it from the lobby or something. But again even with the fun nature of the game, the Japanese take their behavior in golf very seriously, thats probably why it isn't an option.

i can only make a big SIGH and will be bored online when i play GT5 prologue. noone ever hangs around a lobby to chat. i guess when i start crashing into guys, they can't cuss at me. :lol

BigBoss said:
You have to wait until the 17th, though you can register your Konami ID right now.

Yeah I've just read that. I think it's kind of messed up that it's not tied into our PSN account but I'm not too concerned about my name being taken since it involves numbers.

Firewire

Banned
LiK said:
i can only make a big SIGH and will be bored online when i play GT5 prologue. noone ever hangs around a lobby to chat. i guess when i start crashing into guys, they can't cuss at me. :lol

I'm not even sure about getting GT5P myself. I'm the perfect Polyphony type driver! I race with a bunch of Japanese guys only when it comes to online games. And its very civil calculated type of racing. Bumping is no good, cut offs are no good, taking the wrong line in a corner is no good. And even in games with voice chat they do not talk!

I play RR7 with them all the time, I remember when I first started to play with the guys I bumped a guy coming out of a corner, and I got three emails about it the next day kindly asking me to practice more & improve my driving skills!

You can easily guess that these guys don't give a crap about damage in GT5!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Finally managed to register... sheeeeesh.

My psn id is: xS1THL0RDx

my game id is: les_infante_terrible

please add me, i'll be playing a ton of this shit. i have a headset, too.

Epix

BigBoss said:
No, just make a username thats at least 8 characters long.
I entered Adfddds_1-. randomly and still get the message specifying the requirements for the ID. Any suggestions?

BigBoss

Epix said:
I entered Adfddds_1-. randomly and still get the message specifying the requirements for the ID. Any suggestions?

You can only use lower case letters so get rid of the captial A.

Epix

What's the difference between the Konami ID and the GAME ID? Which one's going to show up over my head?

Top Bottom