• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Playstation Blog update? No?

dralla

matticus said:
The site is freaking chugging ... I can't register because I keep getting time out errors

just wait till people try to register on the 21st through the PS3 web browser :lol

oh konami, what have you done

Would have been easier to just have it link to that site or get someone from Incognito or Warhawk to help and have a fancy MGO Site with an animated Kojima head telling us we are not worthy.

tanod said:

None of my regular PSN friends appear in my friends list in UT3. Only people I've added in the game. I'm not entirely sure how it works..ut I got the impression that it maintained a seperate list.

dralla

Ninja Kn1ght said:
None of my regular PSN friends appear in my friends list in UT3. Only people I've added in the game. I'm not entirely sure how it works..ut I got the impression that it maintained a seperate list.

once someone on your PSN signs into UT3, they'll automatically be added to your UT3 list. it seems like the best Friends List solution of all the PS3 games Ive played so far. non-unified service ftl

anddo0

madmook said:
As pointed out above, the game id needs NUMBERS ONLY for the password. I must've re-submitted my info several times before I saw that little change in the wording since I generally don't use numbers. :p

Ok, I got that part.. However it still won't let me register.
I enter all my info hit submit and get sent to a blank page :|

Anyway after like 500 tries I'm registered.

dralla said:
once someone on your PSN signs into UT3, they'll automatically be added to your UT3 list. it seems like the best Friends List solution of all the PS3 games Ive played so far

Ah, that is pretty good. I obviously don't know very many people with UT3. :(

Firewire

Banned
Ninja Kn1ght said:
People on you're friends list that have logged in to UT3 automatically appear in the UT3 friends list.

edit: late!

anddo0

darkressurection said:
Man, I am glad I registered when it was posted. Sounds like some of you are having a tough time.

does your browser have auto-complete?
you'll need it, even if your info is correct you may run into a blank page or an error message.

kuYuri

Yeah, this is confusing. What's the difference between Konami ID and Game ID? Which one will people see when I'm playing MGO?

kairu

Strider2K99 said:
Yeah, this is confusing. What's the difference between Konami ID and Game ID? Which one will people see when I'm playing MGO?

Yeah I didnt know either so I registered one way, then switched the order and registered again.

dralla

WinFonda said:
This site is terrible. They're not using this for the real deal right?

maybe if we bitch enough they'll take this shit out. or maybe the abnormally low player registrants will force them to get rid of it.

Jtrizzy

dralla said:
just wait till people try to register on the 21st through the PS3 web browser :lol

oh konami, what have you done

What you just described will be a fucking nightmare.

I just re-did mine to jtizzy123 and jtrizzymgo. The other annoying thing is we're going to need a re do for the PSN ID thread. Although if it's using these codes, I'm thinking it won't be possible to really do meet ups etc.

WinFonda

dralla said:
maybe if we bitch enough they'll take this shit out. or maybe the abnormally low player registrants will force them to get rid of it.
Yeah I hope. We need Ryan on this pronto. How can they not have PSN integration?

Jtrizzy

Idioteque said:
Ok, I got my code and tried to active it, but PSN is down right now. anyone know it will be up again?

You can't download it till Thursday. The PSN will be back up at 2am EST though with the new store front.

kuYuri

Idioteque said:
Ok, I got my code and tried to active it, but PSN is down right now. anyone know it will be up again?

You're not supposed to use the code until the MGO beta is available for download. You will just get an error message otherwise.

EDIT: Beaten.

rgun

Banned
I dont know what it is..

but that KONAMI website where you create your ID is just terrible. Or may be it has alot of traffic. Still not the best site... they really need to upgrade that thing.

kuYuri

Re-reading the blog post, the Game ID is indeed your MGO ID it seems. Now that that's been cleared, I'm trying again.

Jtrizzy

It's both slow and confusing. The username and password restrictions are silly and complicated. If you read the instructions word for word, it leads you to believe that you must use hyphens, periods, and dashes.

However, if you screw it up the first time, you can delete the whole thing and start over. It also let me use the same email address with the new account, which was my main concern.

Jtrizzy

They need to get the word out as much as possible on signing up for that id now.

PS Blog said:
Once you hit the Konami ID sign up menu option, you should notice something subtle, but really cool: MGO launches the PS3 web browser from in-game and takes you to the Konami ID registration page.

Doing that sign up page on the PS3 browser is going to drive people insane.

kuYuri

I just finished registering. It was a bit of a headache, but not as bad as I thought. Just the unnecessary restrictions.

Teknoman

Nooreo said:
How do i get MGO?! is the store back up?! i got my konami ID what ever from the other thread im prepared

Whoa there brave fencer. Beta downloads arent up till later this week. This is only pre-signups for some ID they might require you to sign in with. That way you wont have to take the time to do it when Beta day comes.

Jtrizzy

If you live in the US, go to a gamestop and see if they have any saga dvd's left over. If not keep checking the PSblog and Konami.com, as they mentioned that there will be more giveaways of the beta code.

Nooreo

Teknoman said:
Whoa there brave fencer. Beta downloads arent up till later this week. This is only pre-signups for some ID they might require you to sign in with. That way you wont have to take the time to do it when Beta day comes.
Awww :(

Thanks though its all clear now :D

jaydogg691

The whole Konami ID registration is terrible. I need to have a Konami ID and Game ID with each having their own unique password. Why can't we just use our PSN IDs? Looks like building up a friends list is going to annoying. I really hope this isn't how the final product is going to be.

matticus

jaydogg691 said:
The whole Konami ID registration is terrible. I need to have a Konami ID and Game ID with each having their own unique password. Why can't we just use our PSN IDs? Looks like building up a friends list is going to annoying. I really hope this isn't how the final product is going to be.

agreed

Teknoman

Well these ID's are probably going to be used for all Konami games with online functionality. So its not just for MGO Ver 2.0

KONAMI ID
A KONAMI ID is your own unique ID which allows you to use online services provided by the KONAMI Group.
Registering a KONAMI ID is free of charge.
GAME ID
A GAME ID is a unique login ID which is used for ONLINE titles produced by the KONAMI group.

Only one GAME ID can be created for each KONAMI ID.
A GAME ID like a KONAMI ID can be created and used free of charge.
Those who already have a KONAMI ID can login to the KONAMI ID Portal, then go to "View/Edit registered information" to create a GAME ID.

Top Bottom