• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 Playstation Blog update? No?

criesofthepast said:
i signed up but haven't received a beta code yet. how long did it take you guys to get the email? on top of not being able to get the 2.0 dvd, i'd be really pissed if i can't get into any form of beta this week. if you don't have a ps3, why bother signing up; kinda unfair to those of us who want one.

Mine came straight away.

Whoa shit - MAN CANNONS!

2414051515_59b23c9c57.jpg

This image should explain it all, but you basically launch your character across the maps. I can’t tell you the sheer joy this brings to both the launched and those watching, you simply have to experience it for yourselves. Suffice to say, it allows for some very unusual strategies! Take a close look at the contextual action button at the bottom of the screen, w00t!

criesofthepast said:
i signed up but haven't received a beta code yet. how long did it take you guys to get the email? on top of not being able to get the 2.0 dvd, i'd be really pissed if i can't get into any form of beta this week. if you don't have a ps3, why bother signing up; kinda unfair to those of us who want one.

You signed up on this page right?

http://www.onlineregister.com/konami/mgops/

It should come right away.

Clinton514

KTallguy said:
So if you already have a beta code you're cool, right?
You'll need to create a Konami id eventually but you can do that on the day of the beta.

As of now, if you have your beta code from the pre-order...you're good.

Ok, I'm starting to get a little frustrating with this goddamn register page. When entering that Konami ID email address, does that mean its going to make one for or something. I'm completely lost. :lol

Fuck yeah I was just saying earlier how I really wanted to get in the beta but, I hadn't pre-ordered the game yet.

Now I'm in I just got emailed with the beta code!!! :D

KTallguy

Banned
I wish those fucking screenshots weren't the size of my fingernail.

Dude, flickr hosts like... 1920x1080 screens. GIVE ME NOW NOW .

That MGO logo, HIGH REZ NAO NAO

NeoUltima

Hmm..I don't think it does use the game ID in actual MGO games. They require you to use all lower case letters, however some names in these screens have capital letters:
2414050745_ee5185bf75_o.jpg

2414051515_59b23c9c57.jpg

kairu

Well you're gonna need to sign up for a Konami ID before logging into the beta. Its a separate thing from having the code.

Jtrizzy

DJ Crimson said:
Ok, I'm starting to get a little frustrating with this goddamn register page. When entering that Konami ID email address, does that mean its going to make one for or something. I'm completely lost. :lol

Yeah it took me four tries to get through it. I'm not really sure what you are asking here, but I think you are referring to the place where you enter your own email address.

Jtrizzy

Man I hope all these dumbass ID's don't carry over to the retail version. Both of mine are long and stupid because it says you have to use -/. and numbers in the id.

dralla

Jtrizzy said:
Man I hope all these dumbass ID's don't carry over to the retail version. Both of mine are long and stupid because it says you have to use -/. and numbers in the id.

not to mention how many people will never even bother to register, this does nothing but hurt MGO

madmook

IzumiK said:
Holy SHIT!

You can't type 8-12 more characters!
You can't be serious... do you LIKE having multiple usernames/passwords for essentially the same site/service? I can let slide that Konami doesn't use PSN id info, but what's the need for a Konami id and then a Konami game id? Since you seem to be a proponent of over-complication, maybe you can convince me why we need to make two different logins (not to mention our PSN ids) just to play one game...

All they wanted was for the username to be in lowercase not use _ or - I wan confused too. Until I did the check for availability thingy

Dante

madmook said:
You can't be serious... do you LIKE having multiple usernames/passwords for essentially the same site/service? I can let slide that Konami doesn't use PSN id info, but what's the need for a Konami id and then a Konami game id? Since you seem to be a proponent of over-complication, maybe you can convince me why we need to make two different logins (not to mention our PSN ids) just to play one game...

If it's so infuriating don't do it, I mean god, how can one be expected to take 5 minutes out of their day to play MGO Beta for free, and early :lol

KTallguy

Banned
madmook said:

Konami ID is used for a lot of shit.
It's the same in Japan.
I have a Konami ID and Game ID for the Japanese version, it's not such a big deal, but I can see why it's annoying.

I imagine when you play MGO for real it's just gonna have it autosave everything so you only have to enter it once. Maybe the actual MGO game will only require the whole Konami ID for stat tracking goodness.

FAKE STEALTH EDIT: I see, you guys are right. Too bad Konami already has this crazy system set up in Japan. But look at it this way, you might be able to get gym coupons for Konami Fitness Gyms when you go to Japan :)

Jtrizzy

[KONAMI ID]
jtrizzy_420-79.trout

[GAME ID]
jtrizzy_sports-123.trout

:lol fucking retarded. Why do we need two id's anyway?

KTallguy said:
Konami ID is used for a lot of shit.
It's the same in Japan.
If you don't like it, don't play. It's not that hard. I have a Konami ID and Game ID for the Japanese version, it's not such a big deal.

I imagine when you play MGO for real it's just gonna have it autosave everything so you only have to enter it once. Maybe the actual MGO game will only require the whole Konami ID for stat tracking goodness.
This is what I was thinking, you will still use your PSN in game, but the Konami stat tracking will use your GAME ID.

Jtrizzy

The annoying thing is that it tricked me into thinking you had to include all that other shit in your id(s). No chance I'll be able to remember those monstrosities.

Jtrizzy said:
The annoying thing is that it tricked me into thinking you had to include all that other shit in your id(s). No chance I'll be able to remember those monstrosities.

Just register a different ID then.

tanod

when is my burrito
Ninja Kn1ght said:
I love Metal Gear but if you have to use these Konami IDs instead of regular PSN IDs in the final game, that would be really dumb. I don't like it when games use seperate friend lists ala UT3, let alone different IDs.

wat?

madmook

anddo0 said:
I HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what gives?
As pointed out above, the game id needs NUMBERS ONLY for the password. I must've re-submitted my info several times before I saw that little change in the wording since I generally don't use numbers. :p

Top Bottom