• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes - Spoilers Thread - #TeamBowie

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
List of Side Ops

>Eliminate the Renegade Threat

Kill two US Marines who committed war crimes in Laos. Trophy and bonus points if you extract both of them with helo rather than killing them.

>Classified Intel Acquision

Make contact with an US Agent and acquire a tape that will reveal who is really controlling Camp Omega. Bonus points if you complete the mission while hiding on the back of a truck.

>Destroy AA Emplacements

US Marines are going to raid the place and arrest people who are running the place but AA guns need to go. After blowing up the last gun, some unidentified planes show up and bomb the hell out of the place, erasing any evidence. Bonus point if you rescue all 4 captives. (3 in the POW camp, one in the adming building where paz was)

>Dejavu

OP said he could not unlock it at the moment.

>Intel Operative Rescue

Pretty much a rail shooter mission. You ride on the helo an shoot everyone you see. Intel operative is non other than Kojima himself. Trophy for not killing anyone.

I thought there would be 5 and THEN the console exclusive bonus mission. Maybe he missed one.

Sub_Level

Live stream is up right now on twitch.

Follow the bread crumbs:
Wasabi313

edit: or just eat the bread lol^

jett

D-Member
No, I thought he was hired to do a better job. And so far this doesn't seem to be the case.

There's nothing wrong with that line reading. You're seemingly annoyed Keifer didn't say that line with the same Hayter-like over the top, incredulous intonation.

Ishida

Banned
There's nothing wrong with that line reading. You're seemingly annoyed Keifer didn't say that line with the same Hayter-like over the top, incredulous intonation.

I'm annoyed that Kiefer delivered in a boring, uninspired fashion.

Sub_Level

More from /v/:

- You can evacuate prisoners or end the mission by calling helicopter with iDroid. There are about 4 landing zones. Two of them are inside the base and protected by AA so your chopper can be shot down if called.

- There are some shit you can do in the Camp such as shutting down power to the adming building.

- Interrogating soldier will reveal some useful stuff like location of ammo cache, patrol routes, location of cameras or AA guns even XOF patches.

- Drivable vehicles: Jeeps, Trucks, Forklifts and some 8-wheeled IFVs. (Look like LAVs)

Also he said there are five total XOF patches and they're extremely hard to find.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Cross posted from other thread:
Note the parallel:
MGS2: The Sons of Liberty capture the Big Shell during a UN inspection of the facility.

MGSV: XOF destroys Mother Base during a "UN inspection" of the base.

Rumor: Apparently Chico blows up and is the "contingency plan" since BB manages to find the bomb inside Paz.

That rumor is not true.

RangerBAD

"Do you have a lambo?" lol On Top Gear, one of the guys got pulled by a cop in a lambo in the UAE. Had police lights on it and everything.

Sub_Level

It's a burnt film effect but it may as well be the Modern Warfare 2 jelly lol

The lighting is awesome as shit

Gameplay-wise it seems like a faster, more agile playing MGS4.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
I'm hearing some interesting things about the burnt film effect. Not sure if legit:

GZ is actually a propaganda film about BB. The game ends in a movie theater

Kain

I'm hearing some interesting things about the burnt film affect. Not sure if legit:

GZ is actually a propaganda film about BB. The game ends in a movir theater

What is this I am reading? Why did I have to come back to this thread, WHY?

jett

D-Member
What's the control scheme in this game? WTF is triangle vaulting over cover instead of X like in every other third person shooter made last generation?

I'd say you deal with it. I think Kiefer delivered the line terribly. You obviously have more tolerance for boring voice acting, so there.

Seems you can't deal with me spitting dat truf.

Dug

Banned
I love this twitch streaming feature on the new consoles. Now anyone can stream when a game leaks!

Chinner

Banned
it's hilarious how people are reading into the voice acting with just one line. hayter isn't a beacon of quality of voice acting, lol.

Alienous

God damn. Steam here.

Getting seen, for perhaps the first time in any MGS game, is legitimately shocking. It could be from any direction.

EDIT:
"Snake? SNAKE!" Confirmed.

Ishida

Banned
I won't be able to watch all the stream because I'm at the office... Guys, keep an eye on the credits roll to see if the "David Hayter" rumor is real or not.

RK9039

Amanda is back, confirmed.

Guards can spot you from miles away, and it's seems very easy to die. Much harder than normal MGS.

jett

D-Member
This streamer is just terrible at Metal Gear. I doubt he'll manage to finish this thing any time soon.

Peff

Hell, it even got a callback in MGS4.

What didn't? Kiefer is basically doing a 24 matter-of-factly loud whispering... which is better suited to the situation since it shouldn't be a surprise to find a surveillance camera in a nuclear disposal facility to begin with.

Chinner

Banned
It's a fan favorite line. It's not just a random sentence. Hell, it even got a callback in MGS4.

it's pretty apparent kojima is trying to strip away the cheese that MGS series has accumulated. hayter going A SURRVAALIANCE CAMERUR? doesn't really achieve anything from making a few fans squeeze a few extra drops of cum.

i can't see anything wrong with sutherlands performance with just that one line. a quiet mutter seems more appropriate in that situation.

Regarding the person claiming that David Hayter as an Unknown Soldier - it's false. Here's an image that debunks it:

LWmRKxT.jpg

Top Bottom